Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Advertisement
Hoping to be out of here within the next 3 years!
Good luck. My son played baseball in Cooperstown last summer. My wife was nervous about me taking my 9mm with me. I have a CC here in Fl but it doesn’t float in NY. I took my chances for those 2 weeks.

Yeah, they don't give away quality ones for cheap. Had to pay $600 for my S&W stainless.

That’s the reason I haven’t gotten one yet. I’d much rather get some optics for my other AR and something more practical for the range. Every time I pick one up and think about buying one something else comes first.

Hoping to be out of here within the next 3 years!
South west Florida, the central, and southwestern coastlines are doing good right now if you’re looking at moving down here. Far from the city but still close enough to go to games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
True, but they are iconic and last for decades with just a little TLC.

No doubt. I call it big medicine. Honestly, .357 Magnum/10 MM is the largest handgun caliber I feel comfortable shooting for self-defense or hunting purposes.

I can control a .44 Magnum, or a .454 Casull, or .50 AE, etc. But, it's just a bit much for me. I've never understood why .44 Magnums have such terrific power, but typically have the most awkward grips on them.

I know with practice and discipline I can get better, but honestly, theres nothing I need to shoot at with a big *** handgun from >30 yards in.

20 gauge with buckshot will put down whatever I need to put down in that range if I need to gun up.

And if it *had* to be a pistol, 10mm Auto is basically a light .41 magnum. If thats not good enough, basically I need to walk on home boy.

Deciding between a Glock 19 and Glock 43. Going through some tactical training this week and will decide some time after. Will gladly listen to advice from more experienced folks here.

19, Cowboy.

Also consider a 26 instead of a 43.

Also, if you are not stuck on Glock consider:

Springfield XD Compact
Walther PPK
Makarov PM
H&K P30 Compact
Ruger LC9
1911 Commander
S&W Bodyguard
S&W M&P
Beretta Jetfire
Beretta Px4 Storm
Beretta 92

Glock makes quality weapons, but they don't own the world. Find the right fit for you.

Last edited:
1592727221437.jpeg

Advertisement
19, Cowboy.

Also consider a 26 instead of a 43.

Also, if you are not stuck on Glock consider:

Springfield XD Compact
Walther PPK
Makarov PM
H&K P30 Compact
Ruger LC9
1911 Commander
S&W Bodyguard
S&W M&P
Beretta Jetfire
Beretta Px4 Storm
Beretta 92

Glock makes quality weapons, but they don't own the world. Find the right fit for you.
Just wondering but why do you like the 19 over the 43. Ive shot so many guns and for the price how can you beat the 43. The 43 is so dam small compared to the 19 I really didn't think its a comparable hand gun. The 43 is way way smaller but acts like a big boy gun.

Just wondering but why do you like the 19 over the 43. Ive shot so many guns and for the price how can you beat the 43. The 43 is so dam small compared to the 19 I really didn't think its a comparable hand gun. The 43 is way way smaller but acts like a big boy gun.

Mag capacity.

Glock 19 can also take Glock 17 mags and 33 round mags.

Which is why I prefer the Glock 26. I've got something that fits the form factor of a concealed weapon, but can be pressed into household duty with full size magazine capacity.

I believe with the 43, you're locked into 6 rounds. Could be wrong.

Honestly, I prefer the 26 over the 19. It's smaller for concealed weapon use, but other than grip/comfort, I'm literally giving nothing else up.

That being said, my go to gun is my H&K USP-C. I hate the proprietary rail system, I hate I'm limited to 10-13 rounds, I hate having limited adjustable sights. But it is a bombproof design, utterly reliable, and I prefer the DA/SA action over a Striker fired design like the Glock.

Down the line I might get another automatic, I'm pleased to see Beretta 92's becoming affordable. Maybe I'll go with a Browning Hi-Power and customize it.

It's not the 90's anymore where there are only a few really good reliable automatics. Everyone and their fat sister in law are making polymer striker fired guns. So much so I picked up my USP for $450.

It's a buyers market. And thats good for us.

Last edited:
You use American Eagle? I just recommended that to him lol. That a highly recommended round. Did you make sure the problem isn’t that your gun is used to 223? Or did you buy it new?

I bought it new. It was def that cheap ammo because I used American Eagle before. Tried to be cheap and it bit me in the *** lol

Advertisement
I have 3 modified Glocks, just a little bit but it makes them fit me better. I have a 17, 26, and 42 for cc depending on what I'm wearing. I also have a modified PSD ar 15 and a 922r compliant VEPR 12. My next purchase will probably be something long in the .308 variety... and some nice glass to top it off. I ran my buddies .308 AK and turned green from jealousy. big time want!

The platinum credential is ALWAYS CCW.

You can "bend not break" the law without one, but considering the seriousness of the penalty (you join the felony club btw), is it worth the risk on someone else's judgment call of what you have?

Remember, you aren't the one who makes the determination as to compliance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back