Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Careful now, pretty sure there’s an anti gun nut in here that’ll say that AR is a weapon of mass destruction lol. Any time you buy 556 try to get something thats popular with hunters. The best brands for hunting are real quality rounds.

@Mr. Dynasty1
Which brand of 556 round do you use? I have FN AR15.

Advertisement
Which brand 556 roun
Just like the fishing thread, which was a great thread to switch gears, let’s talk firearms for those who own em.

Got my CZ P10F bout two weeks ago, then threw the O-Light on there. NJ is strict so no carrying for me but if I could, this would be it!
View attachment 119576
View attachment 119577

My Ruger 5.56 AR Pistol. Haven’t had much fun with her yet. Got some bad ammo and like every 3rd round is a jam. Goin take her apart, clean and get some new ammo.
View attachment 119578

Range is back open around my way. Took moms yesterday and had some fun.

Keep it light in here. Hope this isn’t a violation of anything
Which brand 556 do you use?

Just like the fishing thread, which was a great thread to switch gears, let’s talk firearms for those who own em.

Got my CZ P10F bout two weeks ago, then threw the O-Light on there. NJ is strict so no carrying for me but if I could, this would be it!
View attachment 119576
View attachment 119577

My Ruger 5.56 AR Pistol. Haven’t had much fun with her yet. Got some bad ammo and like every 3rd round is a jam. Goin take her apart, clean and get some new ammo.
View attachment 119578

Range is back open around my way. Took moms yesterday and had some fun.

Keep it light in here. Hope this isn’t a violation of anything
Wut?

Just for those who own ‘em?
How about us aspiring owners?

Nowadays, it seems it might be prudent to half some self-defense.

I bought a session at a shooting range on Groupon....need to get started.

I have learned that “an armed society is a polite society.”

Recommendations would be appreciated for how to get started.

Which brand of 556 round do you use? I have FN AR15.
American Eagle XM193 or XM855 last time I looked it up unless you want to chamber to 223 which I believe you could do as well. I switched to a 6.5 Creedmoor to use on hogs/coyotes and only use AR rounded in pistol ammo because they’re smaller and quicker to use in close quarters. All of people don’t like me but I do. More rounds than a shorty and can put more close quarters rounds down range.

Advertisement
Wut?

Check the guidelines for your state. Some places you can walk right and pick something up. Others require apps and background checks. Hit the range before buying and find something you like

Advertisement
Never owned a 1911 or shot one surprisingly. Ive always loved them and been curious about them though. I’ll bite the bullet and get one eventually.

I am in the same boat and have been saying I'll get one for nearly a decade...

At the moment...

.357 S&W Model 66-1
Beretta 92 FS
Ruger LC9
Berea Thunder .380
Tangfoglio GT27 .25
Saiga SGL 7.62x39 (before import ban)
Marlin .30-30
Winchester 1300 12-ga.

Wut?

1) Take a familiarization class and local reputable gun range/shop
2) Think about do you want to continue?
3) Take a CCW (or whatever your state designates...there is a difference between CC and CCW like in FL)...CCW provides big benefits even if you never carry a single day in your life
4) Look in mirror and ask: can i shoulder the burden of carry? can i shoulder the burden of weapon employment as a shield? Having engaged as both sword and shield (and still standing the others not at all) it isn't like the movies I assure you.
5) IF you can't reconcile #4, totally ok. You can still be a sportsperson at the range, skeet, sporting clays, long distance, etc. It is great fun and enjoyment.

Just really reflect on #4, it isn't a game and it certainly doesn't make you tougher (not that you implied that at all). Like some on here who fantasize their toughness via call of duty or whatever, there is no reset push button, no respawn.

Last edited:

If you're thinking about keeping a gun in the car having a CWP is always preferable, but isn't required for a lawfully purchased firearm kept in a "secure" container where it can't be too easily reached. Basically, holstered and in your glove box is probably OK. On the passenger seat or wedged into the side door probably isn't.

Also, don't leave it in the car if you can avoid it. If a criminal steals your car, that's bad enough. But if that criminal just got a new bonus Glock, too....

Advertisement
I am in the same boat and have been saying I'll get one for nearly a decade...

At the moment...

.357 S&W Model 66-1
Beretta 92 FS
Ruger LC9
Berea Thunder .380
Tangfoglio GT27 .25
Saiga SGL 7.62x39 (before import ban)
Marlin .30-30
Winchester 1300 12-ga.

Man I gotta get me a .357 too

Advertisement
Advertisement