Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

My brother built this one. It was all over the internet for a while.
1F98E4FC-C839-45C8-BED3-210BBE69B8A4.png

Advertisement
Deciding between a Glock 19 and Glock 43. Going through some tactical training this week and will decide some time after. Will gladly listen to advice from more experienced folks here.
Go for the 19...IMO the single best concealed carry right “out of the box”
Consider an MOS so you could add an RMR or Holosun red dot
Can hold a 17 round mag

So I know nothing about guns , never owned , shot or cared about one. But I’ve been thinking about getting a glock for the car. Steps I need to take ? Recommendations?

Advertisement
So I know nothing about guns , never owned , shot or cared about one. But I’ve been thinking about getting a glock for the car. Steps I need to take ? Recommendations?
Do you have any friends that own guns? I went with a good friend who owns several models and was able to shoot several while training for my CCW license and that helped me decide that my 2 favorite gun brands are sig and Glock! That being stated as I’ve gotten more into it...I’ve shot the HK VP9 and loved it but the cost has kept me from buying more than what I have at the moment! Oh and train, train, train!! Take level 1 courses, etc...

Do you have any friends that own guns? I went with a good friend who owns several models and was able to shoot several while training for my CCW license and that helped me decide that my 2 favorite gun brands are sig and Glock! That being stated as I’ve gotten more into it...I’ve shot the HK VP9 and loved it but the cost has kept me from buying more than what I have at the moment! Oh and train, train, train!! Take level 1 courses, etc...

I have a friend who has enough guns to hold off an isis attack for days, so I’ll get with him.

Advertisement
It's one of only two handguns I've handled. As a relative "newb," it appears to be the best price/value. The Sig seems attractive, but I simply don't have the experience to know better...yet.
Here is what I would say, all others beat me accordingly...

For what a weapon represents, the difference between a $300, $500, or $1500 handgun is beer money.

For something you may have to employ as a shield (they are not swords civilian wise), how much is worth to spend on your complete comfort and proficiency with it?

Advertisement
What state are you in?

Not trying to dox you, but answer drives rhe advice.

First look up there “rules” in your state and if there is an app process.
For Awareness in FL...

Applying for CCW requires a trip MINIMUM to Melbourne (or Naples) because every authorized fingerprint location in SoFL is shutdown UFN. Most places are saying maybe 1 Aug or 1 Sep at earliest opening.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back