OT: What Team Loses the Biggest Homefield Advantage if No Fans?

Honestly felt like the players were feeding off the crowd that game.

I knew practically as soon as I walked in that not only were we going to win, but we were going to blow them out. And then when the crowd went crazy for Ed Reed right before the game, just nuts, with the video on the massive screens on either end of the stadium and him soaking it all in, right then, I 100% knew it was all over for Notre Dame. That was an insane crowd.

Don’t ever count out a Miami crowd when it’s a big game. Ever. I’ve been to too many of those games at the Orange bowl, and a couple or three at hard rock. When it’s big, our fans show, and when it’s a night game, that’s when the freaks come out. And when the freaks are out the shlt is over for the other team.

Advertisement
Clemson.The loudest stadium I've ever been to. If you went to the 2005 game, you'll know what I'm taking about.
That was my first college game I’ll never forget it. It was so loud and the stadium was literally shaking man.

There is joke to be made about Miami being at home everywhere they go now, with no fans and all...but I ain't gonna make it.

Is there any specific team out there that's significantly better at home than the road? Yes, I know pretty much everyone is better at home but is there some team that rarely wins on the road but rarely loses at home? I'm sure the info is out there, now somebody else go find it for me!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew practically as soon as I walked in that not only were we going to win, but we were going to blow them out. And then when the crowd went crazy for Ed Reed right before the game, just nuts, with the video on the massive screens on either end of the stadium and him soaking it all in, right then, I 100% knew it was all over for Notre Dame. That was an insane crowd.

Don’t ever count out a Miami crowd when it’s a big game. Ever. I’ve been to too many of those games at the Orange bowl, and a couple or three at hard rock. When it’s big, our fans show, and when it’s a night game, that’s when the freaks come out. And when the freaks are out the shlt is over for the other team.

Was in the West End Zone. I had just outran a snowstorm out of Madison, WI the day before to make the flight down.

It was my first live Hurricane football game, and I was at the official tailgate party enjoying unlimited liquor getting juiced up on screwdrivers.

There might've been three or four ND fans in the WEZ. When we went up a score, and the crowd decided to stop being excitedly nervous and get into it, the look of horror in the eyes of those Notre Dame fans is something I'll always cherish and never STFU about. The whole stadium basically said, "Notre Dame, you should not have come back. We're going to kick your ***, and this place is gonna rock like the old days."

And we did. And it did.

Was in the West End Zone. I had just outran a snowstorm out of Madison, WI the day before to make the flight down.

It was my first live Hurricane football game, and I was at the official tailgate party enjoying unlimited liquor getting juiced up on screwdrivers.

There might've been three or four ND fans in the WEZ. When we went up a score, and the crowd decided to stop being excitedly nervous and get into it, the look of horror in the eyes of those Notre Dame fans is something I'll always cherish and never STFU about. The whole stadium basically said, "Notre Dame, you should not have come back. We're going to kick your ***, and this place is gonna rock like the old days."

And we did. And it did.

You picked a special night for your first live hurricane game. Unless it’s for an NC, that happens to be at hard rock, it doesn’t get better than what you saw that night

If we play in front of an empty stadium, who will our players dance for? What kind of advantage is that?
i have been excited about the upcoming season but then you said this and I am right back where I was 9 months ago remembering how laughable we were.

Advertisement
The thing is, if it was a game for all the marbles, say something like a conference championship or even a coastal ship, we can be just as, if not even more influential, in terms of crowd effect than any school in the country. Don’t even look at the Notre Dame game from 2017. Because that’s always going to get a big excited crowd. Look at the Virginia Tech game. That’s the type of game we could get. I’m just saying that when Miami is on, the crowd is like no other.

The taste I got from going consecutively to the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games, left me hungry for us getting back to that place.

You're right about this, but it's also a product of the reverberation from the roof. That was a very smart design, and an ideal way to obtain maximum sound from a less than maximum audience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back