OT: Well, congratulate me. My son is a Cane.

Aerospace Engineering. Wants to fly for Air Force after he gets his commission. ROTC already cleared that he can do 1 semester abroad. Checking to see if he has the grades whether or not he can get his master's degree in aero. He is thinking Georgia Tech before he goes off to pilot training. Puts him in a great position to become a test pilot. Met the professor who teaches Controls at Miami his junior year. Rebuilt an airplane just he takes some of his students up in. He has a tie into NASA. My kid is a **** of a lot smarter than me. Takes after momma.

He could get some years/hours in some fast movers, then do this program:

https://www.afit.edu/eny/page.cfm?page=390&tabname=Tab2A

Okay, I used to work at AFIT, so a little biased!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Congratz papa!

He's obviously gonna have much more fun in college at :neonu: than he ever would have as a plebe. And he will still get to be an officer in the USAF.

Not a bad deal at all! That's good parenting when you get to choose between full rides at a Service Academy and a private school.

Aerospace Engineering. Wants to fly for Air Force after he gets his commission. ROTC already cleared that he can do 1 semester abroad. Checking to see if he has the grades whether or not he can get his master's degree in aero. He is thinking Georgia Tech before he goes off to pilot training. Puts him in a great position to become a test pilot. Met the professor who teaches Controls at Miami his junior year. Rebuilt an airplane and he takes some of his students up in. He has a tie into NASA. My kid is a **** of a lot smarter than me. Takes after momma.

Undergrad at UM and then his graduate AE work at Tech will be a good setup for him. Lots of connections thru Tech at NASA, industry and military.

In the last year, Boeing just opened an advanced research center with Tech right off campus and Delta opened an advanced materials research ctr right next to it.

Good luck to the kid - starting off adulthood right in that orange & green

Advertisement
Aerospace Engineering. Wants to fly for Air Force after he gets his commission. ROTC already cleared that he can do 1 semester abroad. Checking to see if he has the grades whether or not he can get his master's degree in aero. He is thinking Georgia Tech before he goes off to pilot training. Puts him in a great position to become a test pilot. Met the professor who teaches Controls at Miami his junior year. Rebuilt an airplane and he takes some of his students up in. He has a tie into NASA. My kid is a **** of a lot smarter than me. Takes after momma.

Obviously...you chose the Chair Force Academy (Kidding!)...Congratulations brother, you must be a proud Papa!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Obviously...you chose the Chair Force Academy (Kidding!)...Congratulations brother, you must be a proud Papa!

LoL. He made me hit the USAFA declination. Didn't want me to be disappointed he was going to Miami. I told him he made the right choice for him, but I would always out rank him (at least while I'm still alive). Appreciate it.

Advertisement
Back