Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Not only because it's a cool local story:

But because this is obviously a quality family (even if mom ran track at FSU):

Screenshot_20190705-160459_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
didn't an african american young lady beat one of the williams sisters like 3-4 years ago, also from florida and she was supposed to be the "next big US tennis star, and now she's no-where? I hope Coco succeeds but, it feels like i've seen this story before and that person faded back to her rank of 160-200th best tennis player.

Edit: Sloan Stephens... I don't follow tennis, but i heard about her when she beat a williams, wikipedia said she got up to #3 in womens but i never hear about her in majors anymore.

Last edited:
didn't an african american young lady beat one of the williams sisters like 3-4 years ago, also from florida and she was supposed to be the "next big US tennis star, and now she's no-where? I hope Coco succeeds but, it feels like i've seen this story before and that person faded back to her rank of 160-200th best tennis player.

Didn't one of them get wrecked by some old dude years back. You would think if there is any sport women could compete with men in, it would be tennis.

Advertisement

Edit: Sloan Stephens... I don't follow tennis, but i heard about her when she beat a williams, wikipedia said she got up to #3 in womens but i never hear about her in majors anymore.

She actually won the US Open in 2017.

Didn't one of them get wrecked by some old dude years back. You would think if there is any sport women could compete with men in, it would be tennis.

Someone's never played competitive tennis.
Sloane Stephens is actually the highest ranked American tennis player (9) in tennis (man or woman). She has 6 career singles titles including a major. She could retire tomorrow with a great professional career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
All good. The last, say 10, female number one's would stand little chance against most ATP players...even ones ranked well outside the top 250, aka guys you'll never see on television. Even Serena has stated as much. Tennis probably has a bigger gender divide than other sports, actually.

Appreciate the insight. I really had no idea. Nothing against tennis. I know it is hard as ****. I just figured it was one of those sports that could at least be close. Not like football or MMA.

I remember reading something about how one of the sisters played some old unranked tennis guy and he smoked her.

Appreciate the insight. I really had no idea. Nothing against tennis. I know it is hard as ****. I just figured it was one of those sports that could at least be close. Not like football or MMA.

I remember reading something about how one of the sisters played some old unranked tennis guy and he smoked her.
He was a journeyman ranked 203 and, no, it wasn't close. Tennis is pretty pugilistic, basically boxing with no contact, which is how you can feel overpowered by an opponent. I would say golf but those that have tried can barely make any cuts on the PGA either.

Tennis... now that’s my sport. I’m 64 and I can still swing the racket accurately. You wanna sparr.

Advertisement
No way dude... women do not have the strength to beat men of similar ranking. Serena was IMO the closest to being able to but no way could she beat men in the top 50... maybe the top 100.

No way dude... women do not have the strength to beat men of similar ranking. Serena was IMO the closest to being able to but no way could she beat men in the top 50... maybe the top 100.

Appreciate the info! I wasn't sure, but I figured someone on here would know the answer. That makes sense. They probably don't have the speed either to run across the field fast enough.

He was a journeyman ranked 203 and, no, it wasn't close. Tennis is pretty pugilistic, basically boxing with no contact, which is how you can feel overpowered by an opponent. I would say golf but those that have tried can barely make any cuts on the PGA either.

Lol they can't even compete in chess.

Advertisement
Back