OT - UVA 27 ACC Calibre players.

SayWhat

Sophomore
Premium
Bronco Mendenhall says Virginia has '27 ACC-caliber football players on our roster'

True or not, this is year three for you bud. You don't have a valid excuse if this is in fact the truth as you believe it to be.

Virginia can certainly improve, but this guy won't be the one to do it. His recruiting has sucked and he can't get recruits from his own state.

Gotta be hot in that locker room after he took a dump on approximately 66 percent of his roster. We would've crucified our coach if we heard this.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
We would’ve crucified our coach bc this is Miami. Even with sanctions that will never be the case at the U. They’re UVa I’m sure the majority of their talent is FAU level so not surprised and throwing out the fact that he’s been the HC for 3 years isn’t really an issue for me. You think he’s going to overhaul an entire roster of scrubs in 3 years?? Lol no

Last edited:
Advertisement
Who. F***ing. Cares. lol

The thread is clearly labeled off-topic, we play them, and its kind of a dead period for topics.

When Bronco was hired, a good many posters here said it was good hire even though he has no ties to the area.

That kind of talk won't win him any fans with regards to recruiting. Finishes 12th or worse all three recruiting classes in the ACC. He can't get in-state recruits to come. The dude is a dead man walking.

I thought it was a dumb move on his part, sort of like anyone signing up to be the coach of Kansas. You have a much better chance to get to 9 or 20 wins here though and want someone from that area to compete with VT for what they've got in-state. Sure, its an overhaul, but dude isn't doing it.

Don’t trust the guy. Something’s up.

Don’t forget he made a religious school supposedly full of choirboys (well, ok, I know they’re really not but work with me here) into one of the dirtiest most personal fouling teams in the nation, BYU got away with a lot of shlt when he was there, and he was wholly unapologetic about it.

Advertisement
He's pulling a Golden, firing up the excuses machine before the season starts, so when they go 3-9, he can say, see that's what we were supposed to do, you can't blame me. He must think his team is really going to suck, because they were 2-10 his first year, but 6-7 and in a bowl last year. Normal trajectory would put this as the breakthrough year.

Even Mike London won 8 games at UVA. He only had 1 winning season, but still. You can win (not CFB playoff level, but win) at UVA. George Welsh was winning 7-9 games every year for 15 years, and even had them ranked 1st until they choked it all away and lost 4 straight in 1990. He also had some great talent in the mid 90s with the Barbers and others.

He's pulling a Golden, firing up the excuses machine before the season starts, so when they go 3-9, he can say, see that's what we were supposed to do, you can't blame me. He must think his team is really going to suck, because they were 2-10 his first year, but 6-7 and in a bowl last year. Normal trajectory would put this as the breakthrough year.

Even Mike London won 8 games at UVA. He only had 1 winning season, but still. You can win (not CFB playoff level, but win) at UVA. George Welsh was winning 7-9 games every year for 15 years, and even had them ranked 1st until they choked it all away and lost 4 straight in 1990. He also had some great talent in the mid 90s with the Barbers and others.

I’m impressed at your knowledge of Cavalier football.

I vaguely remember them having a blip, I guess it was around the Barbers era, but that’s about it.

Didn’t they have some other relatively well known or respected coach?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depends on what you consider "ACC Caliber"? Are we talking about guys who could play at Miami, Clemson or FSU? Then they probably don't even have ten guys on their roster that caliber.

Depends on what you consider "ACC Caliber"? Are we talking about guys who could play at Miami, Clemson or FSU? Then they probably don't even have ten guys on their roster that caliber.
I had a similar but slightly different thought reading that.

Virginia is in the ACC, so like it or not, all of their players are ACC caliber. So either he's refering to what you said, or he's stupid enough to think Virginia has 27 ALL ACC caliber players.

Either way, the man is a dumbass.

Trap game

No they aren't. We should be the brake off them, but then again, rOsIeR or Diaz might keep them in the game.

Boston College is undoubtedly the trap game. On the road, in late Oct (so who knows what the weather will be like up there) and it against a physical defensive minded team with a punishing running game. I think their RB ran for almost 1500 yds last year.

Don’t worry Diaz will let some true freshman look like an All American QB.

Advertisement
Back