OT: USF On-Campus Stadium Proposal

Advertisement
The seats are mad far from the field.......sheesh.

giphy.gif

They have pleeeeennnnnty of room for a stadium. Having graduated from there. C or D makes the most sense. I don't even think they have an IPF.

If you push the stands closer to the field and fill in one end zone, it looks a bit like the old OB.

Nice ratio of lower bowl seats to upper bowl. Nice curvature to the stands. Palm trees.

USF could do a lot worse.

Advertisement
this somehow will turn into a 40 page thread on how we dont have a stadium on campus

tbh they cant even fill 1/4 of raymond james now. how would an on campus stadium help them?

Doesn't a rectangular stadium make more sense? Why curve the sides and make the seats even farther from the field? Plus what's that dead space at field level supposed to be for? Good for them for having the space/neighborhood to potentially get this done, but that seems like a real bad design.

Advertisement
Ugly. Why don't they just make a bowl stadium like Marshall, UNLV, or even UCF Stadium .

tbh they cant even fill 1/4 of raymond james now. how would an on campus stadium help them?

Oh, I don't know...look at what UCF did.

Well seeing as i am a UCF alum, i know that people actually went to the games when they were at the citrus bowl. And UCF has many more students enrolled than usf.

Look, my very first college football game was an FTU game in the T-Bowl. I was at the "biggest attendance" game at the Citrus bowl when UCF played VaTech. I've been to more games at Brighthouse than just when UM was there.

Citrus Bowl was half-full, if that, for the vast majority of UCF games. And, yes, UCF has struggled recently with attendance at Brighthouse when the team has tanked. But there is an on-campus atmosphere that is very compelling, and that any college administration can get behind, even if some ticket-holders choose not to sit through a bad game by a bad team.

As for enrollment between UCF and USF, yes UCF has "more", but let's not pretend that it is like comparing either one to UM. They are both HUGE urban state schools in Florida, and they both have huge enrollments and huge local fanbases.

Advertisement

Oh, I don't know...look at what UCF did.

Well seeing as i am a UCF alum, i know that people actually went to the games when they were at the citrus bowl. And UCF has many more students enrolled than usf.

Look, my very first college football game was an FTU game in the T-Bowl. I was at the "biggest attendance" game at the Citrus bowl when UCF played VaTech. I've been to more games at Brighthouse than just when UM was there.

Citrus Bowl was half-full, if that, for the vast majority of UCF games. And, yes, UCF has struggled recently with attendance at Brighthouse when the team has tanked. But there is an on-campus atmosphere that is very compelling, and that any college administration can get behind, even if some ticket-holders choose not to sit through a bad game by a bad team.

As for enrollment between UCF and USF, yes UCF has "more", but let's not pretend that it is like comparing either one to UM. They are both HUGE urban state schools in Florida, and they both have huge enrollments and huge local fanbases.

Alright man. We can agree to disagree on a certain level. I have been to my fair share of games at brighthouse and have sat thru all the bad games even the one a couple years back during the hurricane or whatever that was. Also ventured out to AZ for the fiesta bowl in 2013/2014. No need to explain to me what UCF football is all about

You can say the same thing for us if you remove the attendance last year.

Also, it because for Students it becomes this:

(Far Away Stadium)
Person 1: "Hey, wanna go to the USF game?"
Person 2: "Erm, I would but I don't feel like waiting on the bus ride to the game. The stadium is to **** far."
Person 1: "Okay."

(On Campus Stadium)
Person 1: "Hey, wanna go to the USF game?"
Person 2: "Sure, Why not. I was bored anyways"
Person 1: "Ill go find tickets"

There is a huge difference between walking and arriving somewhere within minutes to taking a long bus ride there...

The typical UCF fan is a **** lover that says they're now UCF fans, unless the turds are having a good year, then they morph back. Even with UCF, the Orlando area is **** stronghold.

Advertisement
The typical UCF fan is a **** lover that says they're now UCF fans, unless the turds are having a good year, then they morph back. Even with UCF, the Orlando area is **** stronghold.

That's is true. Being from south florida and an alum from ucf, you definitely see how many **** fans are in central florida

WTF??
We're not getting an on campus stadium.
USF, UCF, FIU, FAU and FU can have them all they want! If we have to worry about that in recruiting against these guys, then close up shop!
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back