OT: USC's Class

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
They are putting together one of the most ridiculous classes ever based strictly on star rankings. They have 17 commits right now with one spot remaining. Using rivals, they have three 5stars and the rest are 4stars. Their AVG star rating is 4.18.

I guess this gives us hope for the next few years when there will be some type of scholarship restrictions. Just can't miss on kids. We are seeing it to a certain degree with this class, as they have to be very selective.

Advertisement
Yeah, I noticed their class so far when I was looking at Penn State's this week. On Scout, it's six 5-stars, ten 4-stars, and one 3-star. The 3-star is the 2nd ranked center on Scout. Kiffin was killed for the dummy stuff he pulled at Tennessee, but he's done a **** of a job at USC considering their situation.

They were doing even better than that when Carroll was there. Splitting hairs though.

They're kinda like us with the talent that is right in their backyard, but honestly, they're probably in a better situation because they don't have as much to deal with like we do in FSU, UF, other SEC, Big10 and ACC teams trying poach. They can lock down their local studs easy.

Kiffin and Orgeron and elite recruiters. Always been. No surprise they are doing so well. It's actually a great sales point for kids. Less competition and more playing time.

I think they're going to break rivals ave star ranking record held by one of the Carroll lead USC years

Advertisement
That's incredible. At some point, that sort of talent alone will keep them in games. You get a few breaks here and there, a special player or two out of that haul, and you're in business in a big way.

The amazing thing about their class is that it is almost filled up already. Golden will have to get kids to commit sooner like them. We have to win and it will fall into place. This staff already has established relationships with 2014 and 2015 kids, and we haven't seen that around here.

Advertisement
60% is the goal.. That is % breakdown for each class. If 60% of USc's class is successful they will easily help them get over the bowl sanctions.

They are recruiting like a muda****er and are getting kids from all over the map.
fUCLA needs to step up or get the **** out the way

They were doing even better than that when Carroll was there. Splitting hairs though.

They're kinda like us with the talent that is right in their backyard, but honestly, they're probably in a better situation because they don't have as much to deal with like we do in FSU, UF, other SEC, Big10 and ACC teams trying poach. They can lock down their local studs easy.

They lock down everything west of Texas

Advertisement
Looking forward to USC & Miami keeping the SEC out of the title game in 2014.

Last edited:
They are putting together one of the most ridiculous classes ever based strictly on star rankings. They have 17 commits right now with one spot remaining. Using rivals, they have three 5stars and the rest are 4stars. Their AVG star rating is 4.18.

I guess this gives us hope for the next few years when there will be some type of scholarship restrictions. Just can't miss on kids. We are seeing it to a certain degree with this class, as they have to be very selective.

USC has it so easy. There is no reason for them not to dominate. Who do they recruit against? What other top team is in-state? UCLA, Cal, they suck. Why would a kid go there over USC from SoCal?

Oregon is rolling, but thats the same as a good UGA team trying to come down to Miami to pull kids. USC doesn't have a UF, an FSU, or half the SEC coming at them. They should get everyone within 500 miles of them, and then some.

USC has it so easy. There is no reason for them not to dominate. Who do they recruit against? What other top team is in-state? UCLA, Cal, they suck. Why would a kid go there over USC from SoCal?

Oregon is rolling, but thats the same as a good UGA team trying to come down to Miami to pull kids. USC doesn't have a UF, an FSU, or half the SEC coming at them. They should get everyone within 500 miles of them, and then some.

truth!

Advertisement
That's incredible. At some point, that sort of talent alone will keep them in games. You get a few breaks here and there, a special player or two out of that haul, and you're in business in a big way.

At some point? Last I recall USC has been elite for the last ten years

Advertisement
Back