OT: USA women’s soccer WORLD CUP

Advertisement
I spent 3 months there in 1997, I never would have imagined they'd be afraid of kitchen knives and gardening tools and licking people up for politically incorrect statements.

That alone makes his comment the opposite of moronic.
Wtf does this even mean? If someone’s coming at you with a butcher knife you won’t be scared because it came from a kitchen?

Here's an example of what they're dealing with. Basically, they banned guns, so criminals turned to knives. The problem is the criminal, not the implement.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ng-solution-soaring-violent-crime-judge-says/

That's a very simplistic way to look at it. Clearly all those weapons are inherently less dangerous and easier to escape from. Guns eliminate significant risk for the criminal , which makes their choices to commit criminal acts that much easier. It's a simple calculation. That's not even digging into the physiological difference in stabbing someone up close or shooting them from a distance.

What are you even trying to imply anyway? You think that overall violence would decline if people were allowed to buy guns?

Advertisement
That's a very simplistic way to look at it. Clearly all those weapons are inherently less dangerous and easier to escape from. Guns eliminate significant risk for the criminal , which makes their choices to commit criminal acts that much easier. It's a simple calculation. That's not even digging into the physiological difference in stabbing someone up close or shooting them from a distance.

What are you even trying to imply anyway? You think that overall violence would decline if people were allowed to buy guns?

That’s crazy criminals in Europe decided to follow the law all of a sudden and get ride of their guns?

That’s crazy criminals in Europe decided to follow the law all of a sudden and get ride of their guns?

98% of the US lives within 10 miles of a gun store. Europe made it slightly harder.

We're going down a path that will require armed guards at nearly every gathering center we visit. Malls, grocery stores, churches, daycares, schools, hospitals, workplaces. If that's the kind of "freedom" you want than so be it.

I don't watch a lot of soccer, typically only team USA. But I'm used to seeing the US women have a decided advantage whoever they're playing. I'd say we were lucky to win today, as England seemed much more skilled imo. I missed the first 20 minutes, but what I did see looked like classic American soccer - inability to possess the ball, poor first touches, bad passes/unforced errors, panicked or desperation clear outs that give the ball right back to the opponent, etc. For the soccer fans, was today indicative of how both teams have been playing or was it abnormal?

Honestly, watched the men play Curacao the other night and it was more of the same. I'd heard a lot of talk about how we have a lot of young talent and skill and we were taking the next step, but the same description I used above fit perfectly. Outside of Pulisic, who I thought was the best player on the field, we still seem very lacking in the skill dept.

Advertisement

Guns kill people - ban guns
Criminals stab people - ban knives

At what point does the person get the blame? When people start getting beaten to death with rocks?

Advertisement
Guns kill people - ban guns
Criminals stab people - ban knives

At what point does the person get the blame? When people start getting beaten to death with rocks?

Lol you're trying to dumb the argument down and failing miserably.

Last time i checked we haven't sentenced any glocks to life without parole. People are still going to jail.

Have you ever tried to commit a mass murder with rocks? Pretty hard let me tell you.

Look what we did this lady just a few days ago. This is ******* insanity.

The Florida State Attorney's Office is being urged not to prosecute a woman who was arrested after turning in her husband's guns to police while he was in jail on domestic violence charges.

After a divorce court meeting on June 14, Joseph and Courtney Irby got into an argument, according to an arrest report obtained by the Lakeland Ledger. When Courtney Irby, 32, tried to leave, her husband followed her, rammed into her vehicle and forced her off the road, police said.

Joseph Irby, 35, was arrested on a domestic aggravated battery charge, according to jail records. Courtney Irby told a responding officer that "she feared for her life," her husband’s arrest report said.

While Joseph Irby spent the night in jail, Courtney Irby went to his apartment and took his assault rifle and handgun.

The next day, Courtney Irby attempted to turn the weapons in to Lakeland Police, citing an injunction that required her husband to surrender the weapons, according to her arrest affidavit.

Federal law prohibits people under a domestic violence restraining order from possessing guns, but it's up to local law enforcement to enforce it, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

The officer on duty asked whether she had permission to enter his apartment and she said no, the Ledger reported.

Last time i checked we haven't sentenced any glocks to life without parole. People are still going to jail.

Have you ever tried to commit a mass murder with rocks? Pretty hard let me tell you.

The Florida State Attorney's Office is being urged not to prosecute a woman who was arrested after turning in her husband's guns to police while he was in jail on domestic violence charges.

After a divorce court meeting on June 14, Joseph and Courtney Irby got into an argument, according to an arrest report obtained by the Lakeland Ledger. When Courtney Irby, 32, tried to leave, her husband followed her, rammed into her vehicle and forced her off the road, police said.

Joseph Irby, 35, was arrested on a domestic aggravated battery charge, according to jail records. Courtney Irby told a responding officer that "she feared for her life," her husband’s arrest report said.

While Joseph Irby spent the night in jail, Courtney Irby went to his apartment and took his assault rifle and handgun.

The next day, Courtney Irby attempted to turn the weapons in to Lakeland Police, citing an injunction that required her husband to surrender the weapons, according to her arrest affidavit.

Federal law prohibits people under a domestic violence restraining order from possessing guns, but it's up to local law enforcement to enforce it, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

The officer on duty asked whether she had permission to enter his apartment and she said no, the Ledger reported.
FSU or UF fans?

Advertisement

The point us that they've gone from ruling half the world to being afraid of kitchen utensils and hand tools.

And no, they don't commit mass murder with rocks. They use machetes and trucks.

I don't know why you're trying to argue that some woman breaking and entering into her estranged husband's apartment has anything to do with the UK getting soft. Or are you trying to say taking the law into your own hands is a good idea?

Advertisement
Back