OT Update on my Mom's cancer battle.

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
This morning my mom underwent surgery to remove a large cancerous mass from her colon. I am so incredibly thrilled to tell everyone that the operation was a 100% success! The surgeon came out to speak with us and he said that the tumor was much bigger than the CT Scan had indicated. He said it was huge and stuck inside the colon wall. Despite all that he was able to completely remove everything and according to him, he said that he doesn't think that there was any penetration of the colon wall.

The next step is getting my mom back to 100% and the doctor said that he wants her back on the tennis court in 2 weeks! He also said that we are waiting on the pathology and that if everything is negative with the lymph nodes then she is completely done. In the event that the lymph nodes are positive then he said that they would do very minimal chemo which scares me to be honest. Still everything considered this is a huge win and the family is ecstatic!

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your care, concern and your prayers. I don't have the words to properly thank everyone here for all of the thoughts and well wishes. My mom wanted me to tell all of you that she was so moved and so overwhelmed by your kindness, concern and your prayers! She also wanted me to tell you that she read each and every one of your comments in my original thread and how completely blown away she was by all of you! She took hours to become fully conscious and aware after the procedure and she can't see very well because of the eye tape they put on prior to surgery but she is in great spirits! Thank the good Lord above for hearing all of our prayers and answering them like this! Again I want to thank each and every one of you and tell you just how much all of your prayers and support have meant to all of us in my family! God bless you all!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This morning my mom underwent surgery to remove a large cancerous mass from her colon. I am so incredibly thrilled to tell everyone that the operation was a 100% success! The surgeon came out to speak with us and he said that the tumor was much bigger than the CT Scan had indicated. He said it was huge and stuck inside the colon wall. Despite all that he was able to completely remove everything and according to him, he said that he doesn't think that there was any penetration of the colon wall.

The next step is getting my mom back to 100% and the doctor said that he wants her back on the tennis court in 2 weeks! He also said that we are waiting on the pathology a d that if everything if negative with the lymph nodes then she is completely done. In the event that the lymph nodes are positive then he said that they would do very minimal chemo which scares me to be honest. Still everything considered this is a huge win and the family is ecstatic!

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your care, concern and your prayers. I don't have the words to properly thank everyone here for all of the thoughts and well wishes. My mom wanted me to tell all of you that she was so moved and so overwhelmed by your kindness, concern and your prayers! She also wanted me to tell you that she read each and every one of your comments in my original thread and how completely blown away she was by all of you! She took hours to become fully conscious and aware after the procedure and she can't see very well because of the eye tape they put on prior to surgery but she is in great spirits! Thank the good Lord above for hearing all of our prayers and answering them like this! Again I want to thank each and every one of you and tell you just how much all of your prayers and support have meant to all of us in my family! God bless you all!
Hang in there Mrs. Sawyer! We’re all cheering for you.

Go Canrs!

Us Open Tennis Sport GIF by US Open

GREAT NEWS!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back