OT - UM alum Alex Cora fired by Red Sox

Cora definitely wasn't the mastermind, he was the beneficiary to a sign stealing system that's been around Baseball for decades. Trying to put it all on Cora is scapegoating.

The MLB has a long illustrious history of cheating in multiple ways, sign stealing using technology is not new at all, in fact the Cubs were doing it in the late 70's/ early 80's too.
Exactly....they just got caught....it’s been happening for years.

Advertisement
Alex Cora is a crook, cheat and a POS. I could care less if he was a Cane but he just made Pete Rose look like a saint. The guy should be banned from baseball and ANY UM ACTIVITIES. Incredible the people here talking nice and respecting him. This guy should rot in ****.
Jesus are you a Shmuck.....

Advertisement
I guess some of you don't value trust, honesty, or keeping the integrity of the game intact. Tells me a lot of the mentality of some people here and we lost our way as a society in our country. IF YOU DO THEN ALEX CORA IS A SHMUCK AND its not a bit too much.

Yes, sign stealing has been going on for decades.

Nothing near this magnitude, however.

They set up an illegal camera in the outfield with a live feed to a monitor in the Dugout tunnel.

The camera would capture the catcher’s signs and then a player in the tunnel would bang on a trash can a certain number of times to indicate what kind of pitch was coming.

And they didn’t put it all on Cora.

The Astros manager and GM both got year long suspensions and were promptly fired by the team owner.

They also lost 4 top draft picks.
I'm aware of what they were doing, that's what I'm trying to say is they used a camera to steal signs back in the 70's/80's & 90's too. The Cubs used to use a woman who would sit in the Skybox & would relay the signs after they recorded on camera.

Some teams used to use a Photographer in Centerfield & based on how many flashes he would click on the camera would indicate which pitch was coming.

The Red Sox were always rumored to be heavy into high level signal stealing when Theo Epstein was their GM. It's not new at all & using a camera or banging a trash can isn't new either.

The Astros GM Jeff Luhnow is an advanced analytics guy, he started out with the Cardinals, the same organization that hacked the Astros database in 2017.

Cora is just a manager, he doesn't get to do anything without a GM or VP of operations giving the okay on it first.

I guess some of you don't value trust, honesty, or keeping the integrity of the game intact. Tells me a lot of the mentality of some people here and we lost our way as a society in our country. IF YOU DO THEN ALEX CORA IS A SHMUCK AND its not a bit too much.
Calm Down Sugar ****.....Lost our way as a country??...and just seconds earlier said for Alex to Die and Rot in ****??...Lol...Go F yourself....

Advertisement
So if the exact same thing happened without using anything electronic, this would be a non-issue.

Seems a bit silly.

Why haven't we cheated with the football program. All jokes aside I'm a Yankee fan and the stros and Sox should be stripped of those titles. Just like the last 18 cfb title holders should be stripped. It's one thing catching tendencies but to install videos and do the **** they did make them an example. If it was my Yanks doing it we should be stripped as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cora definitely wasn't the mastermind, he was the beneficiary to a sign stealing system that's been around Baseball for decades. Trying to put it all on Cora is scapegoating.

The MLB has a long illustrious history of cheating in multiple ways, sign stealing using technology is not new at all, in fact the Cubs were doing it in the late 70's/ early 80's too.
Didn’t the Bluejays get caught in like 2014

Pathetic cheater and loser. Hope he’s banned from Baseball forever. Figures it would be Boston. The city is filled with losers

Advertisement
Back