OT: Ultra Miami the new Fyre?

Canez1

OG
A week ago I debated asking if anyone thought that moving Ultra to Virginia Key was a terrible idea. Ultra has been discussed on here numerous times but I ultimately decided I didn’t really want to post anything outside of spring practice. Now I wish I would have just gone ahead and posted after how badly things went down after the first night. Possibly upwards of 100k+ ended up stranded due to shuttle congestion and metro congestion. Well... technically not stranded if they chose to walk back. I felt this might happen and my reasoning for originally considering posting was thinking about a similar mess if we had built a stadium at Tropical Park.

Anyway, I hope they get things straightened out because I hate seeing the origin of Ultra getting trashed as many are rushing to do. Thanks to Ultra the 🙌 is thrown up worldwide and even though they don’t understand its origin, it’s still pretty awesome to see. The city has been giving them **** for years so I hope this isn’t the death blow.

Btw anyone local looking to make some extra cash might want to be an Uber for the weekend lol.

Advertisement
The city knew this was going to be a problem and did nothing. They are being reactive as usual instead of proactive. It’s a terrible place to have it but they didn’t want to lose it and all the money it brings to the city.
Poor planning by the city once again.

Oh, I done googled it. It a music festival. I don't give a sh*t about such things; but power to those who does!

Advertisement
Ultra is a drug , pick pocketing , groping and urinating festival.

Not recommended to go near these festivities stay clear unless your addicted or dealing if so it’s an awesome fun filled glorious celebration .

GOCANES

Oh OK... so its just like any other regular day in the "hot" areas of most big cities.

Advertisement

Not recommended to go near these festivities stay clear unless your addicted or dealing if so it’s an awesome fun filled glorious celebration .

GOCANES
How old are you? I'm guessing at least 70. I don't care about electronic music at all but I'd hardly call a bunch of 20 somethings on molly "addicts". This is like saying every person attending a UM football game is an alcoholic degenerate because people there are drinking liquor.

GOCANES
I've never been to Ultra but went to a few other EDM concerts in the US, Brazil, Colombia. None of them were like that at all. They generally have incredible talent. Have you ever actually been to Ultra? Or any EDM concert for that matter?

I've never been to Ultra but went to a few other EDM concerts in the US, Brazil, Colombia. None of them were like that at all. They generally have incredible talent. Have you ever actually been to Ultra? Or any EDM concert for that matter?

U can tell who have never been to an event like this or don’t live in Miami. Pretty ignorant comments. Pay them no attention.

Advertisement
I grew up with the founders and usually go VIP / All Acess

This is the first year since it's inception I didn't even bother going last night because of the headaches I knew the first day would bring. I'll be going today and hope to have an amazing time.

Oh and GOCANES you have no idea what you're talking about. The festival is a bunch of college kids on molly. There's no fights which is amazing for a festival this big. The city has done very little to help ULTRA except give them an alternate venue to hold the festival. I usually just hang in the VIP and drink all night for free and only go to the DJ's I like.

Advertisement
How old are you? I'm guessing at least 70. I don't care about electronic music at all but I'd hardly call a bunch of 20 somethings on molly "addicts". This is like saying every person attending a UM football game is an alcoholic degenerate because people there are drinking liquor.
Nah man I heard he's really good with some glow sticks...a treasure really.

This whole "disaster" narrative was already obvious and ready to be rolled out today months ago.

What's the actual horror? A tree caught on fire and a bunch of people on recreational drugs had to walk a couple of miles at 1am.

I kinda feel like they should just offer no transportation to the event from here on out and just tell people that if you can't walk like 2 miles then you ain't healthy enough for this party anyway.

Advertisement
Back