OT: Ultimate WR

Advertisement
My fellow Canes. There will only be one WR1 ever!! He's the WR that got drafted out of a small D-AA school MVSU in 1985, before there was FBS, G5 and other small Universities Divisions. His name is Jerry L Rice, who played in the NFL for 20 years.

REC-1549, Yards-22,895, AVG-14.8 PC, TD-197 REC total TD'S 208. He who holds 36 NFL records and only 18 recorded drops on his 20 year career!! (ARE YOU******* KIDDING ME). Ask JoeM who he thinks it's the best WR ever. He's not going to say Dwight Clark :LOL:

I tell everyone, he was on the best WRs at the age of 39 yrs old, in the non-pass friendly league we see today. It’s so much easier to be a QB & WR in today’s league & Jerry was still a beast b4 that.
This is what I was going to say. 35 years ago the league was still very much run heavy and the rules to protect quarterbacks and receivers were nowhere near what they are now. Rice was so much better than every other receiver during that period. The dude did everything perfectly. He wasn’t allowed to push off like everyone does today. DBs had the green light to lay him out on any pass over the middle.

This is what I was going to say. 35 years ago the league was still very much run heavy and the rules to protect quarterbacks and receivers were nowhere near what they are now. Rice was so much better than every other receiver during that period. The dude did everything perfectly. He wasn’t allowed to push off like everyone does today. DBs had the green light to lay him out on any pass over the middle.
Rice is the GOAT

My fellow Canes. There will only be one WR1 ever!! He's the WR that got drafted out of a small D-AA school MVSU in 1985, before there was FBS, G5 and other small Universities Divisions. His name is Jerry L Rice, who played in the NFL for 20 years.

REC-1549, Yards-22,895, AVG-14.8 PC, TD-197 REC total TD'S 208. He who holds 36 NFL records and only 18 recorded drops on his 20 year career!! (ARE YOU******* KIDDING ME). Ask JoeM who he thinks it's the best WR ever. He's not going to say Dwight Clark :LOL:

Again not knocking Jerry Rice. In terms of production, Goat. There isn't one single thing about Rice that I would take from him, maybe work ethic.

Route Running? I think Bruce and few others where just as good or better. Hands? You could have drenched Cris Carter in baby oil, I still believe he would caught everything thrown his way.

Let's address the elephant in room, the fact that rice had the 2nd best QB of all time, and another hall of Fame QB after that is nothing poo poo. Y'all act he wasn't doing this with Chris Wienke.

Cross sport example, NBA, Jokic. You look at that mutha****er like what is he going do. You look up at the scoreboard, and he dropped 30-12-10-5 on your head.

Advertisement
No love for Andre Johnson? I don’t think there’s any elite wrs who have played with as bad QBs collectively than Andre did.
This X1000! Every HOF receiver or pro bowl caliber receiver either had/has a HOF or pro bowl caliber QB throwing him the ball for the majority of the prime of their career. Andre Johnson is the only one who never had this. He basically had me throwing him the ball. Seriously, look up his starting and back up qb’s. It’s laughable and embarrassing.

Advertisement
Back