OT: UFC 249 - Hey, El, got a few minutes?

For_The_U

All ACC
Sorry to put you on the spot, @Liberty City El, but if you have some time today or tomorrow, mind giving your breakdown of tomorrow's card? You gave some fantastic analysis last time and it lead to me winning some cash. ;-) I can't freakin wait to have live sports on the TV tomorrow night, and plan on buying the PPV to support Dana for getting this done. Lot of fights tomorrow, even a couple intriguing fights on the undercard. If you can't, no worries, but I figured I'd cast out The Bat Signal! Thanks, man.

Advertisement
this card is ridiculous. Aside from the main event, really looking forward to Katter/Stephens and Price/Luque.

Advertisement
Not LCE, but I’m taking Gaethje +150 and Cejudo by KO/TKO +275.

Main event is 50/50 so give me Gaethje’s odds. He’s only lost to disciplined boxers (Poirier and Alvarez) and Ferguson is a wild man. I expect it to stay on the feet and Gaethje has more power.

Cruz is tricky to project off extended breaks, but Father Time is undefeated and Cejudo is peaking. I can see Cruz’s timing and instincts being off, which leaves him exposed for a KO from the younger, more explosive fighter.

Main event is 50/50 so give me Gaethje’s odds. He’s only lost to disciplined boxers (Poirier and Alvarez) and Ferguson is a wild man. I expect it to stay on the feet and Gaethje has more power.

Cruz is tricky to project off extended breaks, but Father Time is undefeated and Cejudo is peaking. I can see Cruz’s timing and instincts being off, which leaves him exposed for a KO from the younger, more explosive fighter.

I wouldn't call Alvarez a disciplined boxer at all. Poirier for sure. Although I think Ferguson wins, I agree if you are going to bet the title fight then Gaethje has all the value for the reasons you mentioned. This main event is going to be something special...way better than what we would have gotten with Khabib/Tony IMO.

Yeah, sorry, wasn't intending to exclude everyone else. El just took the time to write a really long and thorough breakdown once and it was fantastic insight.

Solid thoughts above, DMoney. Although my book won't let me parlay fights for some reason, a $50 parlay on those two you mentioned would pay $419. That's a nice return. I just can't go against Tony though. I feel like he is a man possessed on getting that shot at Khabib and isn't going to let Gaethje be the reason he doesn't get there.

There should be a lot of really entertaining fights tomorrow. The early ones start at 6pm on ESPN.

I wouldn't call Alvarez a disciplined boxer at all.

Alvarez likes to scrap for sure, but he trains like a boxer and throws like a boxer with efficient punching. He’s not a guy who throws loopers. That style is very effective against a guy like Gaethje who leaves himself exposed and drops bombs.

Advertisement
Alvarez likes to scrap for sure, but he trains like a boxer and throws like a boxer with efficient punching. He’s not a guy who throws loopers. That style is very effective against a guy like Gaethje who leaves himself exposed and drops bombs.
I get what you are saying but that's not even how Alvarez beat him. If I remember correctly Alvarez battered him in the clinch with knees and body shots.

I get what you are saying but that's not even how Alvarez beat him. If I remember correctly Alvarez battered him in the clinch with knees and body shots.

Yeah, he finished him with knees but beat him down with hooks and body shots before.

All I know is that this fight will be violent.

Advertisement
Was gonna wait until tomorrow to post it in the UFC 249 thread I would make, but I'll give a quick rundown in a few.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back