OT; UF Depth Chart for Ol Miss game - interesting.

Surprised Gouraige is a starter. I recall there was a lot of debate over his recruitment. Lots of folks thought he was super overrated.

Advertisement
Yeah I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they're probably winning the SEC.
If you think there beating bama in the sec title game then I have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you my friend. They won’t even be able to beat UGA in the East. Uga can literally just out talent them, which is what happens when you sign top 3 classes 5 years in a row.

Advertisement
Look, I don't have a problem with Lorenzo, but I will eternally mock the Gaytor fans (and coaches) who act like LL is a god simply because he had a 5-star ranking in high school.

Lingard must be a low IQ football person.

I'll wager that the guys ahead of him aren't exactly rhodes scholars. This is the ugly side of transfers and why they rarely pan out. You have to restart everything and priority will typically be given to the incumbents.

Advertisement
Yes, he came from the Bob Stoops coaching tree at Oklahoma & learned from Josh Heupel under Chuck Long & Kevin Wilson, then he was at Baylor with Art Briles & spent the last two years with Heupel at UCF.

He's one of the best young innovative X's & O's guys in the business, he's one of the disciples of the Air Raid evolution that incorporated more Spread Zone rushing as opposed to just being the extreme of Leach's passing the ball 90% of the time.

So you are saying this is the the guy we should be looking at when Lashlee inevitably gets his HC gig.

Sometimes you end up with a king Phillips Roche Jose hedley bolden. Sometimes you get a lingard Martel Kennedy chigozie. The portal is tough man

King was proven, as was Jose. Phillups showed a lot of potential when he did play. Bolden was only one we didnt really see much of in college. But definitely a red flag for a guy like Tate Martell whose coach brought in a transfer knowing he had him ready to take over. Same thing with Lingard not getting any PT all this time. I personally didnt think we treated him right though regardless of his potential

Surprised Gouraige is a starter. I recall there was a lot of debate over his recruitment. Lots of folks thought he was super overrated.
It's entirely possible he still he is, just because he's a starter doesn't mean he's any good...

Advertisement
I worked with a lady who's son sort of overlapped sports with him. From the deland area as well. She was always shocked he was rated so high

Advertisement
Was reading that Lingard isn’t playing or high on the depth chart because he needs to learn the playbook more. Sounds awfully similar to what we heard all of last year.

Most of CIS did as well

Stop it with the "Miami fans are just the same as Gaytor fans" nonsense.

Yes, when you get a 5-star from HS, pre-knee-injury, you are allowed to project that he will excel.

When you get a HS 5-star who had a serious knee injury and still never played when he was healthy, and then he transfers to your school, it's not the same excuse for projecting greatness.

Advertisement
Back