OT: uf and Chris Steele

Advertisement
These kids really need to smarten up during the recruiting process. I would say young men but many act too much like little kids.

Quit with the "business decision" **** and make a sound choice. Of where you're going to spend the next 3 to 4 years. Stop trying to clown programs and be upfront with them. I know someone could say "it's a two way street" but you should know what your going to get from most coaches and programs. On the bull**** front. You can only be responsible for your actions.

It shouldn't take a genius too understand. UF is one of the worst places for guys to go. It's not like it's been years since they've had trouble. This is a recurring theme. No matter who the coach is. I know we haven't been perfect and no program can say that they are but UF is like the NC win it comes to crimes. It seems like a class you take when you enroll.

I find it comical when you hear local players and parents talk about "they got to get away from the element here". Yet they go off too programs like UF and UF latest competition UGA.

These kids really need to smarten up during the recruiting process. I would say young men but many act too much like little kids.

Quit with the "business decision" **** and make a sound choice. Of where you're going to spend the next 3 to 4 years. Stop trying to clown programs and be upfront with them. I know someone could say "it's a two way street" but you should know what your going to get from most coaches and programs. On the bull**** front. You can only be responsible for your actions.

It shouldn't take a genius too understand. UF is one of the worst places for guys to go. It's not like it's been years since they've had trouble. This is a recurring theme. No matter who the coach is. I know we haven't been perfect and no program can say that they are but UF is like the NC win it comes to crimes. It seems like a class you take when you enroll.

I find it comical when you hear local players and parents talk about "they got to get away from the element here". Yet they go off too programs like UF and UF latest competition UGA.

In putting my Cane passion aside for a moment and to let my realist side show here , I have to say the University of Miami in whole has a good heart and puts there teams players best interest first along with there families and if this falls short them the coach is relieved of there duties.
Look at almost all the recruits responses after a visit your hear things , family, closeness , comfortable, a dream and other replies like these before they say anything about school or the campus there replies are basically in this order.
Family is first , how a player can say these things and not commit after experiencing these feeling is a mystery to me. In life we all search and even go to war to achieve and protect these values and when these kids see , feel and witness these and days later chose another place how in the **** can the other school be any better , aren't the values the U has is what your searching for in a college and your acknowledging it publicly.

Just because a young man is 18 years old doesn't make him adult enough to know whats best for him why when what he wants is right here in front of him glaringly clear in his face and he's even saying it's his DREAM.

In my every day work 40 years plus in customer service now I've come to realize never ever give a customer what they want give them what they NEED . Customers come to you to find out what they need they only have an idea of what they want you are there to show them / offer what's best.
Many times a day I tell my customers if they show a question mark in there request , please don't make me give you what you want please.

Same here in recruiting they think they know what they want and they even tell you before the visit the U shows them what they NEED to prosper in there young lives yet they know not what they want when it's RIGHT THERE in there face offered / shown then turn to the BAG later.

I have no REMORSE when they turn there backs and de-commit I'm very cold when the U throws there PEARLS and it's kicked an denied and in there facebook they say THEY STILL BLEED ORANGE AND GREEN.......

I say this but I agree with what Dabo Clemson does when they offer and recruit commits them de-commits Dabo also pulls his offer , if the young man want to be an adult and forces you to GIVE HIM WHAT HE WANTS....THEN GIVE IT TO HIM CUT HIM LOOSE PERIOD slam the door he wants closed and move on.

Anyway Oblivion with all this blabber , I concur.

GOCANES

Advertisement
If you can't see the difference between "we have tons of a fans that did X" and "we are no different than the Gators" than you should probably stop posting here and hang out on https://pbskids.org/games/reading/

And it's time for you to stop making ****e up. We did not have "tons of fans that did X". Provide all of these posts.

Good lord, you could put up a post that says we signed the #1 recruit in the nation, and GUARANTEED you will get a handful of posters who say the kid is overrated. That's not the definition of going after a kid. In fact, we have no idea how many of the "I'm just playing devil's advocate" jaga$$es are trolls who root for other schools.

So, no, we do not have "tons of fans" who publicly tore Jeff Thomas apart, either on this site or on Jeff's social media. As some have already pointed out, there were a few fans who were legitimately bothered by him leaving during the season. And that is fundamentally different from what the Gaytor fans are doing.

Nobody invented any reasons why Jeff Thomas (briefly) left. Everyone knew he was having issues with Dugans. There was no falseness, and there were no personal attacks. Nobody orchestrated a social media attack.

You can't compare an apple to an orange and then come to the conclusion that Gaytor fans and Canes fans are the same, or even comparable.

dude our owns fan were threatening J12 on twitter, got into fights w rosier and his sister on twitter, and heckled the crap out of kyle wrights parents in the stands. this fan base is as bad as the other ones people love to bash

What a load of crap. Yes, our fans get rough on players who underperform. We are known for booing our own players. Again, this is NOT the same as telling lies about people and orchestrating a social media campaign BY THE GAYTOR PLAYERS, which then gets amplified by the Gaytor fans.

Look at your retarded examples. Three underperforming QBs over 15 years who took some flak. And I'm not defending that, nobody should do that at all, but they were being criticized for their lack of performance, not some made up "homesickness" story.

It's just time for our "devil's advocate" fans to shut the fvck up and stop trying to attack our fans.

Yes, we fly banners.

Yes, we boo our own players when they play poorly.

Yes, South Florida is a tough crowd.

But your equating of Miami fans and Gaytor fans is ridiculous. We are NOT the same. Yes, there are a handful of extreme people in all fanbases. But that's not what we are talking about here.

We are talking about an orchestrated effort from coaches, players, writers, and fans to overlook crimes, blame the media, and attack the players who actually reported the problems.

UM fans haven't done that. We haven't blamed the media when players committed crimes, we haven't blamed the media when players transferred, we haven't blamed the media when recruits decommitted.

randy shut down twitter that year after the threats. mullen is a joke for what he said today and did prior to, but i know a ton of UF fans who are normal and same w FSU. every fan base has their ******** including miamis.

Again, it is not about "normal" fans. It is about the orchestration from Gaytor coaches to Gaytor players to Gaytor writers to Gaytor fans. Even the "normal" Gaytor fans are going to believe the "homesickness" myth because it has been pushed so hard and nobody will stand up to tell the truth.

Seriously. Go ask your "normal" Gaytor fan friends why Steele transferred. I'll wait.

k. you go to the extremes of every fan base, youre gonna find a bunch of nuts and that includes miamis.

This is not a comparison of nuts to nuts.

This is about the false personal attacks by coaches, players, media, and fans. Mullet" "I'm not going to go into personal details, BUT IT WAS HOMESICKNESS." Gaytor players: "Steele is soft and betrayed us." Gaytor writers: "I won't give any specifics, but my sources tell me IT WAS HOMESICKNESS." Gaytor fans: "Well, I am not going to use any rational logical analysis, I am going to parrot what Mullet, Gaytor players, and Goldkamp tell me ABOUT HOMESICKNESS."

Just go to Gaytor Tears. Look at the Gaytor screenshots. And then produce any CIS thread that comes anywhere close to being a comparable coaches-players-writers orchestrated hit job and personal attack.

Advertisement

I lived in Gainesville for a decade (thankfully during the years we were kicking their asses) and had no problem per se with their fans until I lived there. They are are more delusional than FSwho fan's, have an extremely high opinion of their team and school, are redneck as they come and why any minority kid would want to go there is beyond me as the racism is strong, like back in the sixties mentality.
They have far and away been the thug "U" for year's now, I could go on and on but I already feel my blood pressure rising at the flashbacks of living there and being married and thank God divorced from a gator alumni so my hatred for them runs very deep!
I concur with your reply.

What a load of crap. Yes, our fans get rough on players who underperform. We are known for booing our own players. Again, this is NOT the same as telling lies about people and orchestrating a social media campaign BY THE GAYTOR PLAYERS, which then gets amplified by the Gaytor fans.

Look at your retarded examples. Three underperforming QBs over 15 years who took some flak. And I'm not defending that, nobody should do that at all, but they were being criticized for their lack of performance, not some made up "homesickness" story.

It's just time for our "devil's advocate" fans to shut the fvck up and stop trying to attack our fans.

Yes, we fly banners.

Yes, we boo our own players when they play poorly.

Yes, South Florida is a tough crowd.

But your equating of Miami fans and Gaytor fans is ridiculous. We are NOT the same. Yes, there are a handful of extreme people in all fanbases. But that's not what we are talking about here.

We are talking about an orchestrated effort from coaches, players, writers, and fans to overlook crimes, blame the media, and attack the players who actually reported the problems.

UM fans haven't done that. We haven't blamed the media when players committed crimes, we haven't blamed the media when players transferred, we haven't blamed the media when recruits decommitted.
**** Right We Fly Banners....Oops...

And it's time for you to stop making ****e up. We did not have "tons of fans that did X". Provide all of these posts.

Good lord, you could put up a post that says we signed the #1 recruit in the nation, and GUARANTEED you will get a handful of posters who say the kid is overrated. That's not the definition of going after a kid. In fact, we have no idea how many of the "I'm just playing devil's advocate" jaga$$es are trolls who root for other schools.

So, no, we do not have "tons of fans" who publicly tore Jeff Thomas apart, either on this site or on Jeff's social media. As some have already pointed out, there were a few fans who were legitimately bothered by him leaving during the season. And that is fundamentally different from what the Gaytor fans are doing.

Nobody invented any reasons why Jeff Thomas (briefly) left. Everyone knew he was having issues with Dugans. There was no falseness, and there were no personal attacks. Nobody orchestrated a social media attack.

You can't compare an apple to an orange and then come to the conclusion that Gaytor fans and Canes fans are the same, or even comparable.

I am not wasting my time "providing these posts" to someone who has difficulty comprehending English. I bet you saw these posts and misread them thinking they are speaking highly of Thomas. I never said Gaytor fans are comparable to Canes fans. The fact that you can't understand that says a lot about your reading levels. Run along before you embarrass yourself even further.

Advertisement
While there were at most, a few on here that criticized him, and a particularly renowned Mork slurper comes to mind as I think he called him a quitter, crybaby or both, most of us sided with JT4 and criticized that offensive staph.

yeah i thought DJ Dallas was subbing JT when he left but maybe im the only one... granted we understood why he wanted to leave.... if we were Teammates that would've rubbed me the wrong way to leave middle of the season... but I wouldn't be talking **** on twitter like Grimes that's so ****ed up on so many levels lol

Advertisement
Reports are saying Steele and Bru were taking visits at USC yesterday.

The NCAA tried giving players more power but now players like Steele and Bru are going to mess it up for everyone.

Some dudes aren't mature enough to handle that power. To me, it seems like Steele is a follower and I wouldn't even want the dude in my locker room.

Reports are saying Steele and Bru were taking visits at USC yesterday.

The NCAA tried giving players more power but now players like Steele and Bru are going to mess it up for everyone.

Some dudes aren't mature enough to handle that power. To me, it seems like Steele is a follower and I wouldn't even want the dude in my locker room.

lol so force a kid at a place where he doesnt want to be? until coaches lose their freedom to leave jobs, players should be allowed to leave however they **** well please. also did he even enroll at Oregon? if not, who cares? all he did was go back on a verbal like a normal HS recruit.

Advertisement
Back