OT- U can't break the U Family

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
My family and I spent 4 days evading Irma ending up in Pensacola. We went to the famous Fish House for dinner last night. Best shrimp and grits on the planet. At the table next to us was a big man wearing a Canes dad cap with his family. My 3 year old son saw the hat, dropped his iPad to the ground, and threw up the U with his hands while yelling Uuuuuuuuuu. Half the place was looking at my son. The man laughed and threw up the U back at him. I said I'm from Fort Lauderdale. He said I'm am, too...Plantation. I looked closer and realized it was Leon Searcy with his family. They were on the run just like us. I got a chance to make him smile telling him how he's my favorite OL of all time. I grew up a Cane and a Jaguar. Through all the struggle that U bond runs stronger even in $EC country. Those moments made memories. I've got a helluva story to tell my son when he's older about one of the signatures on the 91 NC framed lithograph in my office. ****, maybe it's time to move the frame to my boy's room now.

Advertisement
Great story! Thanks for sharing and glad your family is safe.

Love Leon Searcy. He's a good follow on Twitter, too.

Advertisement
After spending all day cleaning my yard,.. And running generator from one end of the street to the other...and then see this post at the end of the day....HELLZ YEAH!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back