OT: Toledo's QB Woodside

HurricaneKush

Redshirt Freshman
I was just able to watch the full game for the first time last night. The Canes related game reviews have been done ad naseum so there's not much to add on there. The thing that stuck out to me about the game was that Toledo's QB is unbelievable. I think that's an early round pick right there if NFL teams wake up. Stupefying accuracy, he was hitting everybody in the hands in tiny windows. Strong arm, somewhat mobile, went through incredible reads. Overall, Toledo was very well coached and he's far and away the best QB we will see this year IMO.

Then I looked up his stats, which are ridiculous. He had 4100 Yards last year on a 69% completion percentage with 45 Tds, only 9 Ints, and a staggering 183.3 QBR. That's elite of the elite. I was shocked that this was never mentioned during the games broadcast or the lead up into it.I had a similar feeling when UNC Blew us out 2 years ago and Trubisky was Marquise Williams backup. Trubisky came in against us and I was thinking to myself that he looked incredible, why the **** didn't he start?

He's going to be an NFL starting QB for somebody. Dolphins could sure as **** use him. It's surprising that he hasn't gotten more pub, but I think he gets drafted earlier than you'd think.

Advertisement
I was just able to watch the full game for the first time last night. The Canes related game reviews have been done ad naseum so there's not much to add on there. The thing that stuck out to me about the game was that Toledo's QB is unbelievable. I think that's an early round pick right there if NFL teams wake up. Stupefying accuracy, he was hitting everybody in the hands in tiny windows. Strong arm, somewhat mobile, went through incredible reads. Overall, Toledo was very well coached and he's far and away the best QB we will see this year IMO.

Then I looked up his stats, which are ridiculous. He had 4100 Yards last year on a 69% completion percentage with 45 Tds, only 9 Ints, and a staggering 183.3 QBR. That's elite of the elite. I was shocked that this was never mentioned during the games broadcast or the lead up into it.I had a similar feeling when UNC Blew us out 2 years ago and Trubisky was Marquise Williams backup. Trubisky came in against us and I was thinking to myself that he looked incredible, why the **** didn't he start?

He's going to be an NFL starting QB for somebody. Dolphins could sure as **** use him. It's surprising that he hasn't gotten more pub, but I think he gets drafted earlier than you'd think.

Doesn't fit the current narrative.

I thought Woodside was always seen as one of the top 3-5 QBs in the upcoming class? He was very decisive and we hardly ever could fool him. He looks like he'll have a nice career in football.

Doesn't fit the current narrative.

What narrative? We gave up three scores to Bethune

I thought Woodside was always seen as one of the top 3-5 QBs in the upcoming class? He was very decisive and we hardly ever could fool him. He looks like he'll have a nice career in football.

No he's not, He's going to rise like Ben Roethlisberger did but I still don't think he's a first round pick. He's definitely the best QB prospect since Ben though.

Advertisement
He threw with great anticipation and he was accurate. The 3rd and 12 throw that Jackson crushes him and he just drops it in the bucket on an out route was filthy. He is a good player, I don't pretend to know his draft status but He didn't have a cannon and he wasn't very big but he can play for sure

Advertisement
Is he the best QB we'll face this year?

It is either him or Jalen Hurts.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Advertisement
Woodside is very good and I think it's between him Dukes QB and Clemson QBs as the best we will face this year

Went back to look at his stats. Besides last weekend, he's started against 1 top 25 opponent, last year against Western Michigan. In that game he was 13 of 24 for 229, 3 TD, 2 picks. The only other start he had against a P5 program was in 2014 against Iowa State. In that game he was 22 of 36 for 189, 1 TD 0 picks. He's put up video game numbers against crap competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back