OT: Thoughts on multi level marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylie

All ACC
Kind of random post but some guy hit me up last night to get me to join his little squad. I said no. Any thoughts on that industry? Reminded me of the scene from Go with, “Confederated products.”

Advertisement
Kind of random post but some guy hit me up last night to get me to join his little squad. I said no. Any thoughts on that industry? Reminded me of the scene from Go with, “Confederated products.”
Ponzi scheme's ugly cousin. If you have the time, watch "Betting on Zero" - Netflix Doc on Herbalife. Very predatory industry. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

Do your own thorough research.

Multi level marketing is controversial, to say the least. Many multilevel companies have been nothing more than illegal and fraudulent pyramid schemes.

Some “legitimate“ companies like Herbalife, while still in business and operating as going concerns, have been mired in controversy throughout much of their existence.

Caveat emptor

If done right it’s a legal pyramid scheme. If not done right, just illegal. If it’s above board it could be worth the risk depending how early you are.

They portray success, but usually are the few among the MANY who succeeded.

A lot of direct marketing is involved if that’s something you like.

If done right it’s a legal pyramid scheme. If not done right, just illegal. If it’s above board it could be worth the risk depending how early you are.

They portray success, but usually are the few among the MANY who succeeded.

A lot of direct marketing is involved if that’s something you like.
Oh yeah. I got the, "There's this girl who dropped out of college, retired at 22, and now she finanicaly set for ever. What is that, 1 percent who fall into that catagory?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ponzi scheme's ugly cousin. If you have the time, watch "Betting on Zero" - Netflix Doc on Herbalife. Very predatory industry. My $0.02.

Go Canes!
Just watched the trailer. Reminds me of the **** this guy was telling me last night. Basically, we're a family who rolls together, and our goal is to live a lavish life. Ditch your friends and family unless they'll work for you. It was bizare honestly.

Are you currently unemployed and have nothing else to do?

Hard pass on MLM nonsense. The documentary mentioned above is good.

If you want to spend 30m to convince you otherwise...

Imma be honest bro; corporate America is a MLM, especially in the commission field. I am an insurance agent, transitioning to brokering.

When I make goal ($), my manager makes his goal ($)when he & the other offices make goal, his manager (Regional Leader) make goal ($). When the Regions make goal, the VPs make goal ($), when VPs make goal ($), the 4th floor (Chief Officers), get a quarterly stipend from National Corporation.

Most jobs are set up as a MLM; some are shady, some are hidden. I would do ur research; some MLM companies are Fortune 500, BBB rated, while others are just str8 pyramid schemes & emphasis on scheme.

Advertisement
It's great! I recently started selling this brand new product that will revolutionize the way you do "enter random thing" and boy, I tell ya, it's selling like hot cakes! In fact, just last month I was able to buy a new car....with cash!

Since we're such good friends, I have a few open slots if you're interested in joining! It'll only cost you your life savings or require you to go in debt. But trust me! Once you start, you won't regret it!

Are you currently unemployed and have nothing else to do?

Hard pass on MLM nonsense. The documentary mentioned above is good.

If you want to spend 30m to convince you otherwise...

Hilarious. The guy I spoke with last night was a lot like the speakers at the seminars. This guy is talking me through Zoom and I'm thinking to myself, "Is this guy for ******* serious? God I'm so high right now. I want to go watch the debate, and App State game."

Oh yeah. I got the, "There's this girl who dropped out of college, retired at 22, and now she finanicaly set for ever. What is that, 1 percent who fall into that catagory?
Depends on which club she was working at.

Advertisement
@Stylie

My current project manager used to be a CIO of sorts for Isagenix, a MLM company.

Money can be made, but you have to be a salesperson. You have to be ready to eat ****. Also, they probably just want you to gain access to your network. Once you exhaust your immediate network, most MLM salespeople quit.

Don't reach out to your inner-network for this job, if you take it. If you can get sales outside of your immediate network, I think you have proven you can sell ****. And you've proven you can make a lot of money.

All the above^^^^

I believe the stats around 99% of folks lose money and friends once they get into it... The successful few get in super early. With females it turns into cult like activity.

I work at FIU and the female students of this generation are all about it because they think they will make a ton of money, doing barely any work (Perfect for this generation). They become psycho about it, even staging photoshoots at Mercedes dealerships, Gucci stores, etc... all to portray this lavish lifestyle and sucker other girls in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back