OT: This kid just set the new HS world record in the 100m

Every sport is in the sec’s crosshairs.
Women’s softball. Bama getting girls as far as Northern California to play for them.

To be fair.... CA is the best state for softball so it is the "South FL" of football.

Advertisement
I realize the conversion aspect, I’m just saying it’s NOT a WR … Kiryu Yoshihide JPN ran 10.01 (0.9) when he was 17 and still in high school.

Sadly, his choice of school makes me doubt he’ll stay with the 100m. I hope he does. In my opinion he has the ability to be a top American sprinter but Europeans (his coach is Greek) tend to turn good sprinters with less melanin into decathletes/heptathletes. Dafne Schippers was a rarity.

Does he compete in other events? And with his stride, I would love to see him in the long sprints like the 2 and 4.

I realize the conversion aspect, I’m just saying it’s NOT a WR … Kiryu Yoshihide JPN ran 10.01 (0.9) when he was 17 and still in high school.

Sadly, his choice of school makes me doubt he’ll stay with the 100m. I hope he does. In my opinion he has the ability to be a top American sprinter but Europeans (his coach is Greek) tend to turn good sprinters with less melanin into decathletes/heptathletes. Dafne Schippers was a rarity.

He's also the best HS long jumper in the country, so he might end up focusing on that

You do know he’s one of the fastest in the nation in the 200m and 400m? It wouldn’t bother me one bit if you never ran the deuce or the quarter. The kid is fast and needs to sprint exclusively.

Actually I didnt know that, this is the first im hearing about him.

Advertisement
Again, windy times, and times without wind indicators, are considered invalid; they don’t count (International track pays no attention to NWI or windy times). However, for purely statistical purposes, here’s where he stands in World U-20 … (also, Boling is 3 months older than Anthony Schwartz)

9.97 - 100m 1st in the world (“legal” he’s 5th in the world)

20.55 - 200m 2nd in the world

46.51 - 400m 13th in the world

10.13 yesterday, wind legal. National HS all time record.

He's fast and talented, that's for sure. Kid is going to make a lot of money in T&F.

Advertisement
44.8 split (anchor begins at 2:40)

Event 610 Boys 100 Meter Dash 6A
============================================================================
National: ! 10.15 1990 Henry Neal, Greenville, TX
State: + 10.15 1990 Henry Neal, Greenville
Conf 6A: * 10.15 1990 Henry Neal, Greenville
Comp# Name Year School Finals Wind Points
============================================================================
Finals
1 #2760 Boling, Matthew 12 Strake Jesuit 10.13! 1.3 10
2 #3100 Owens, Tyler 12 Plano East 10.38 1.3 8
3 #2826 Broome, Lance Nath 12 Katy Seven Lakes 10.40 1.3 6
4 #3158 O'Keefe, Ryan 12 Round Rock 10.50 1.3 4

the 2nd place kid is a beast. Big time safety (210, iirc) who is a UT commit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back