OT: The LAST place in the US that could stand another Hurricane...gets Barry

Heh I can't tell you what to do...you want to keep waiting for imaginary improbable events....that's on you.....knock yourself out

I've got real things to worry about

Sorry but LA and SF moving up to Anchorage anytime in the foreseeable or unforeseeable future will never be one of them.

Have a good one
Eventually the Juan de Fuca plate will continue to disappear underneath the North American plate and the entire stretch of the west coast will be the Pacific Plate abutting against the North American Plate. This allows for the northward movement of western California along the coast until it reaches Alaska.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2017/02/06/california-will-break-away-us/#39aeb0c369cb

Advertisement
Eventually the Juan de Fuca plate will continue to disappear underneath the North American plate and the entire stretch of the west coast will be the Pacific Plate abutting against the North American Plate. This allows for the northward movement of western California along the coast until it reaches Alaska.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2017/02/06/california-will-break-away-us/#39aeb0c369cb

That is not news to me ....but thanks anyway or the info.

Here's an even better article in the subject....and as you can see, it's not something that we have to worry about happening in the foreseeable future

Have a good one

A "Big One" has happened on numerous occasions over the last few decades and century......and Cali is still there standing there as prosperous as ever

Earthquakes are so common there EQ proof building codes are severely enforced and architects and engineers have advanced building and civil infrastructure design to the point that those hoping for another SF 1906 type disaster will ALWAYS be disappointed.

Of course ANYTHING can happen as no one controls mother nature.

NYC, Philly, D.C. and Boston can be hit by a Hurricane. Phoenix can be buried in a dust storm, New Orleans can disappear completely under flood waters....and there's the always popular giant dinosaur killing meteor striking again...

Odds are that you'll be struck by lightning ...before Cali disappears or is badly crippled by an earthquake ...or Any of those other "It could happen" :oops: type earth shattering natural disasters happen that TV documentaries try to use to scare you with.

You want something to fear that is really going to happen? Fear Global warming.

That is the real developing global disaster that will with 100% certainty wreak havoc worldwide like you or your children have never seen before.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about it ...because you'd have to be an idiot to ignore reality & the facts of its existence...and I don't argue with idiots.

For some ungodly reason it's been politicized...as if that changes reality or the facts ....on an issue that even the Oil Companies now agree is happening....now that to me is truly amazing

So believe whatever you want ....but know this ...your beliefs won't change the facts

You must mean these ultra right wing climate/science deniers right?

You must mean these ultra right wing climate/science deniers right?

Low cloud cover eh? :oops: That's rich

OK Thanks for the info :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Now I see why whenever anyone wants to know the facts about anything ....the 2 scientists at the University of Turku in Finland are always among the last ones that are ever asked.

Hmmm They must not have any influence or credibility outside of front door of their own offices, otherwise Finland wouldn't have ignored them and stayed with the Paris Accords

As I said, politics are not involved....and believe whatever you want. Means nothing to me. Plus I have NO difficulty saying exactly what I "must mean".

Everyone here can find numerous and some humorous articles on the subject on their own

So have a good one, Bye

Last edited:
Low cloud cover eh? :oops: That's rich

OK Thanks for the info :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Now I see why whenever anyone wants to know the facts about anything ....the 2 scientists at the University of Turku in Finland are always among the last ones that are ever asked.

Hmmm They must not have any influence or credibility outside of front door of their own offices, otherwise Finland wouldn't have ignored them and stayed with the Paris Accords

As I said, politics are not involved....and believe whatever you want. Means nothing to me. Plus I have NO difficulty saying exactly what I "must mean".

Everyone here can find numerous and some humorous articles on the subject on their own

So have a good one, Bye

My point is why are other scientists legitimate and these guys arent?

This international team doesn't appear to have an agenda.

Meanwhile in climate change "we are all gonna die land", how many markers have they put on the table?

First it was the 70s, then 80s, then 90s, then 00s, then XXXXXXXXXXX.

The climate change alarmists sound quite similar to the religious "jesus is coming tomorrow, end times are nigh" crowd don't you think?

To be sure climate is changing, but has done so for millions of years and cycles.

Hubris to think Mother Nature gives human activity much thought globally.

Advertisement
Btw...not a single country is meeting any climate change accord.

In fact, all the big economies, signatories or not, are essentially ignoring their "committments".

Where have we seen this before...League of Nations maybe?

That is not news to me ....but thanks anyway or the info.

Here's an even better article in the subject....and as you can see, it's not something that we have to worry about happening in the foreseeable future

Have a good one

That's not a worry for us, but it will happen. A cat. 5 coming ashore here is real possibility.

Meanwhile in climate change "we are all gonna die land", how many markers have they put on the table?

The climate change alarmists sound quite similar to the religious "jesus is coming tomorrow, end times are nigh" crowd don't you think?

To be sure climate is changing, but has done so for millions of years and cycles.

yawning3.gif

Sure ok ...whatever you say

Btw...not a single country is meeting any climate change accord.

In fact, all the big economies, signatories or not, are essentially ignoring their "committments".

Where have we seen this before...League of Nations maybe?

So sorry I forgot that you're one of these types of guys

Take care friend have a wonderful day.

Moving on

Last edited:
Advertisement

You can't reason with someone that rationalized themselves into a position they want to believe. They don't understand where the 97% number comes from and how the individual who first threw that stat out there came to it and his biases.

Advertisement
Seriously, this is all you can do snowflake?

Need a coloring book? Need a puppy?

View attachment 90278

I was really trying hard to be friendly. I stated my beliefs ...you stated yours...no need to continue ad infinitum

Now calm the F down you psycho Bytch!! You're being hysterical and overly sensitive!!!

No one HAS TO or wants to talk endlessly with you and discuss your inane politics or beliefs

WTF is wrong with you?? ...and stop calling me Dan

Now back off....and reduce your estrogen intake.

This is best settled with the ignore button. So yes you will be ignored

I'll go first FU and Bye

Last edited:
View attachment 90280

I was really trying hard to be friendly. I stated my beliefs ...you stated yours...no need to continue ad infinitum

Now calm the F down you psycho Bytch!! You're being hysterical and overly sensitive!!!

No one HAS TO or wants to talk endlessly with you and discuss your inane politics or beliefs

I'll go first FU and Bye

Wow.

That is a whole lotta crazy to unpack.

Lots.

Menstruate much?

View attachment 90280

I'll go first FU and Bye

PS...there is always the ignore button.

Easy.

Advertisement
2 nutcases fighting over an issue that can’t be proven by either poster. OT discussions can eventually destroy this forum. Religious, political, environmental discussions etc. are pure bs and not appropriate on a Canes forum.

View attachment 90280

I'll go first FU and Bye

Dude, calm down.

This post reeks of shrieking hysterics.

Take a breath.

2 nutcases fighting over an issue that can’t be proven by either poster. OT discussions can eventually destroy this forum. Religious, political, environmental discussions etc. are pure bs and not appropriate on a Canes forum.

Ok kettle.

But point taken.

Advertisement
Back