OT: tebow on first take

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
Just saw tebow on first take and he brought up how after he lost to ole miss they had a full padded practice the next day and that was the players idea. Ik golden sucks and all but I think that if we want to be elite we need leaders like thAt. Maybe there are and I don't know about it but I was just impressed by that

Advertisement
They got that mindset from the coach!! Al tells our players to stay off their feet in situations like that!

Advertisement
Just saw tebow on first take and he brought up how after he lost to ole miss they had a full padded practice the next day and that was the players idea. Ik golden sucks and all but I think that if we want to be elite we need leaders like thAt. Maybe there are and I don't know about it but I was just impressed by that

It's against NCAA rules for coaches to suggest anything like that! It's up to the players to do this on their own. Like Kaaya and some WR have been doing since the bowl game. Not taking golden's side but facts are facts, Shannon was such a candy *** as a coach that when Golden started conditioning several players, daily, were sent to Doctor's Hospital and many more puked every day because they were so out of shape. This is history and on the record and written about by Manny et al.

Tebow as bigger fraud as Al. **** them both

I agree with this too. Cringed and got heated yesterday when on PTI, Wilbon critized NFL teams for not having Tebow in the league now because Ryan Lindley started a playoff game. Both suck and shouldn't be in the NFL!!

Advertisement

It's against NCAA rules for coaches to suggest anything like that! It's up to the players to do this on their own. Like Kaaya and some WR have been doing since the bowl game. Not taking golden's side but facts are facts, Shannon was such a candy *** as a coach that when Golden started conditioning several players, daily, were sent to Doctor's Hospital and many more puked every day because they were so out of shape. This is history and on the record and written about by Manny et al.

that's good. doesn't erase all the days off AG gave them before the daffy duck bowl. probably could've used the practice.

You may hate him bc he was a Gator, but he is in the discussion of best CFB football players of all time. The guy was nearly unstoppable. And there is no doubt he's a great leader.

And he's horrible on tv. Offers nothing aside from every game (especially $EC tilts) are going to be GREAT matchups. Guy would make a great youth league corch but he's a complete eunuch on broadcasts. Efff him and his whole scam. Guy breathes football and is the ultimate competitor......but would rather be "retired" than entertain a position change.

His godlike status a college player is also helped by two things that people conveniently overlook too. He wasn't the freakin' QB on that first championship team and scumbags like Harvin, Murphy and the serial killer made a TON of his junk passes that should have been picks or incompletes into completions, tds and padded stats. Sure, great player. But not unstoppable or "the best".

Last edited:

that's good. doesn't erase all the days off AG gave them before the daffy duck bowl. probably could've used the practice.

+10000
Al does not work any harder than the previous staff. All the days off during the summer, softball, dodgeball and "club weightlift". You can watch the games and see they don't practice hard. I can careless about what Manny wrote. The performance speaks for itself.

Advertisement

You may hate him bc he was a Gator, but he is in the discussion of best CFB football players of all time. The guy was nearly unstoppable. And there is no doubt he's a great leader.

And he's horrible on tv. Offers nothing aside from every game (especially $EC tilts) are going to be GREAT matchups. Guy would make a great youth league corch but he's a complete eunuch on broadcasts. Efff him and his whole scam. Guy breathes football and is the ultimate competitor......but would rather be "retired" than entertain a position change.

His godlike status a college player is also helped by two things that people conveniently overlook too. He wasn't the freakin' QB on that first championship team and scumbags like Harvin, Murphy and the serial killer made a TON of his junk passes that should have been picks or incompletes into completions, tds and padded stats. Sure, great player. But not unstoppable or "the best".
Sort of like Dorsey throwing to Winslow, Shockey, Johnson, Moss, Wayne, etc. lol Dorsey was a great leader and a good game manager on three of the best teams ever.

When Miami had the National Championship parade in 2002, Ed Reed sat with Ken Dorsey. You think that was random? These leaders spent a lot of time building, studying, planning, and working for that championship season.

lol everyone gave tebow so much credit when it was urban meyer and that team itself that made tebow look so good.

dat o line
dat percy harvin
dat hernandez
dat whole defense

but ask anyone, and it was all tim tebow

then he goes to the pros and absolutely blows.. what a surprise

Advertisement
Tebow is a horrible QB but he gives you more of a chance to win than Ryan Lindley cause at least he's a running threat.

I did not overlook that Leak was the starter when Tebow was a true freshman. Tenow played a ton in short yardage situations. And as with his entire career he was unstoppable on 3rd and short and goal line situations

As to his broadcast career, who gives a ****? I don't know why you brought that strawman up, as I was commenting on his CFB career, not his sportscaster skills.

Advertisement
Back