NFL OT: Super Bowl Gameday - Chiefs - 49ers

Advertisement
He's one of them. This KC team isn't all that great. Yet here we are.
He's definitely already a HOF caliber player. No one can deny it. But for some reason, no one wants to hold him to the same standard that guys like Manning and Brady were held to. Brady couldn't enter the conversation for people until he got to 4 rings or surpassed in some people's eye. People saying Mahomes is the GOAT or best we've ever seen are just jumping the gun. Guy gets drafted into the most perfect situation a player could hope for (arguably the best offensive minded HC of all time, HOF caliber WR in Hill, HOF caliber TE in Kelce) and has had a top half of the league defense every year other than his first year starting (including 3 top 8 defenses) and people just can't help themselves lol. Respect his game but to put him in the conversation of GOAT at this point is BLASPHEMOUS. His trajectory is pointing that way but they need to be comparing him to Montana and Manning before he can start the convo about being on the same level as Brady.

Advertisement
I was actually surprised the 49ers were favored in this game ever since the line came out. I had to remind everyone all week at work there’s just certain dudes you don’t bet against in sports: Montana, Brady, Jordan, and yes, Mahomes. Even when they aren’t having their best night somehow they’re going to find a way to win. Betting against Mahomes at this point in his career is a sucker bet, IMO.
A guy I play poker with he has a saying. I would rather be lucky than good.

The Chiefs are a great team and they deserved to win but luck was on their side.

1. Greenlaw gets hurt not even playing football after the 1st quarter.

2. A random bad punt hits a 49er in the leg that’s blocking and leads to a touchdown.

3 kicker kicks a line drive extra point that’s blocked who hasn’t missed one all season.

4. Kc fumbles 5 times and only loses one of those fumbles.

Any of these occurrences don’t happen in a normal game. But for all 4 to happen in a single game…..I would say KC had some good luck to say the least.

Last edited:
A guy I play poker with has a saying. I would rather be lucky than good.

The Chiefs are a great team and they deserved to win but luck was on their side.

2. A random bad punt hits a 49er in the leg that’s blocking and leads to a touchdown.

3 kicker kicks a line drive extra point that’s blocked who hasn’t missed one all season.

Any of these occurrences don’t happen in a normal game. But for all 4 to happen in a single game…..I would say KC had some good luck to say the least.
there is also another saying. when you are good, you are also lucky. Confucius

I new SF was in trouble when it appeared they were dominating the game and couldn't seem to pull away at all.
KC didn't even bother to use a knew play to win the game. It was same one from last years SB.

Advertisement
We gonna talk about the Cabbage Patch Doll/Little Orphan Annie hybrid doin some wild Satanic hand symbols and wearing an upside down cross or nah ?
The sun will come out tomorrow... unless the dark master grants the Chiefs another field goal.

Advertisement

The Swift effect

There are some who believe that ;)

Advertisement

Also not one hold was called on the KC OL

I hate when these types of stats come out. The NFL Mahomes play in today is not the NFL that Brady played in at this same point of their careers. The NFL is barely the NFL now, & there’s an absolutely decided advantage for the O today vs. yesterday.

That doesn’t diminish what Mahomes is doing today, but I’m just saying QBs have it way easier to run an offense today than yesterday so numbers have become inflated. It’s the same thing in the NBA, where there’s no big men, & a lack of defense.

Advertisement
Back