NFL OT: Super Bowl Gameday - Chiefs - 49ers

He's definitely already a HOF caliber player. No one can deny it. But for some reason, no one wants to hold him to the same standard that guys like Manning and Brady were held to. Brady couldn't enter the conversation for people until he got to 4 rings or surpassed in some people's eye. People saying Mahomes is the GOAT or best we've ever seen are just jumping the gun. Guy gets drafted into the most perfect situation a player could hope for (arguably the best offensive minded HC of all time, HOF caliber WR in Hill, HOF caliber TE in Kelce) and has had a top half of the league defense every year other than his first year starting (including 3 top 8 defenses) and people just can't help themselves lol. Respect his game but to put him in the conversation of GOAT at this point is BLASPHEMOUS. His trajectory is pointing that way but they need to be comparing him to Montana and Manning before he can start the convo about being on the same level as Brady.
He's a lot better than Manning. Montana threw to Rice (the GOAT), Taylor, Francis and Clark, and Craig is a better than RB than what the Chiefs have. The 49ers had some of the best defenses in the league, not just top half. Walsh was every bit of a genius that Reid is, so yeah, getting lucky in the draft helps. Mahomes has won 2 SBs even after losing Hill. I've watched all these guys play, and to me, Mahomes is only behind Brady. I don't know if he can get even 2 more SBs, but that's who he's chasing right now.

Advertisement
I hate when these types of stats come out. The NFL Mahomes play in today is not the NFL that Brady played in at this same point of their careers. The NFL is barely the NFL now, & there’s an absolutely decided advantage for the O today vs. yesterday.

That doesn’t diminish what Mahomes is doing today, but I’m just saying QBs have it way easier to run an offense today than yesterday so numbers have become inflated. It’s the same thing in the NBA, where there’s no big men, & a lack of defense.
No perimeter defense in the NBA whatsoever.
Jordan would avg 45 a game today.

He's a lot better than Manning. Montana threw to Rice (the GOAT), Taylor, Francis and Clark, and Craig is a better than RB than what the Chiefs have. The 49ers had some of the best defenses in the league, not just top half. Walsh was every bit of a genius that Reid is, so yeah, getting lucky in the draft helps. Mahomes has won 2 SBs even after losing Hill. I've watched all these guys play, and to me, Mahomes is only behind Brady. I don't know if he can get even 2 more SBs, but that's who he's chasing right now.
You gotta lay of the tranq.

That **** is a killer. Will ruin your life friend.

Advertisement
Are you from the future or sumthin??
IMG_2974.jpeg

Advertisement
@SWFLHurricane I think people that are younger will push back against the Steve Young comment because of stats. Montanas longevity was obviously great too

But if you were watching games back then, Steve Young was the superior QB. **** Aeneas Williams
Young was not only a better passer, but was like having another RB in the game. People forget how Great of a runner he was. Had 4,000+ yds and 43 TDs in his career.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Brady is the goat until he’s taken down
Again, different eras. If Montana hadn't been knocked unconscious multiple times, he may have won 5 or 6 or 7. It's extremely hard to compare especially when longevity has created many of the statistics you see. I love Brady, but physios, nutritionists, rules changes, and strength/conditioning programs have led to greater statistics being compiled. Brady is the greatest in terms of most accomplished, yet its still a team game, but individually he's got some great stats.

He's definitely already a HOF caliber player. No one can deny it. But for some reason, no one wants to hold him to the same standard that guys like Manning and Brady were held to. Brady couldn't enter the conversation for people until he got to 4 rings or surpassed in some people's eye. People saying Mahomes is the GOAT or best we've ever seen are just jumping the gun. Guy gets drafted into the most perfect situation a player could hope for (arguably the best offensive minded HC of all time, HOF caliber WR in Hill, HOF caliber TE in Kelce) and has had a top half of the league defense every year other than his first year starting (including 3 top 8 defenses) and people just can't help themselves lol. Respect his game but to put him in the conversation of GOAT at this point is BLASPHEMOUS. His trajectory is pointing that way but they need to be comparing him to Montana and Manning before he can start the convo about being on the same level as Brady.

He's won more SB without Hill than he has with, TrumpyCane doesn't think that really matters at this point

He's won more SB without Hill than he has with, TrumpyCane doesn't think that really matters at this point
Point was more that he walked into a better situation than almost any other QB I know of. Walks into the league with an incredible offensive cast and a coach who is a known QB whisperer and one of the better play callers on O of all time. Mahomes has been incredible but no one holds him to the same standard as Brady or Manning and thats a big issue for me.

Advertisement
Back