OT: Super Bowl drinking

What's everyone drinking? I bought some Crown Royal Texas Mesquite and I highly recommend it. Some of the Crown Royal flavors can be kind of gimmicky, but this one is pretty **** good.
Not sure how many of you sweethearts like flavored whiskey or just can't handle the real deal...but a good Dewar's neat can top all that ****, and it's crazy reasonable on price.

Advertisement
Not sure how many of you sweethearts like flavored whiskey or just can't handle the real deal...but a good Dewar's neat can top all that ****, and it's crazy reasonable on price.
You sound mad. Dewar's is 80 proof, same as Crown Royal, and makes a variety of flavors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How much did it run you ? I've had the option of getting it twice, each time for no less than 2 grand

I’m busting balls..impossible to get unless you want to pay 2-3 K or more

I’m actually drinking a 10 yr Laphroaig. Neat.

I have a 15 yr Laphroaig that’s already been cracked open but at about 80% full. Bought it for around $100 a few years ago, supposedly hard to get and expensive now...but who cares. Doesn’t change the taste any.

I’m busting balls..impossible to get unless you want to pay 2-3 K or more

I’m actually drinking a 10 yr Laphroaig. Neat.

I have a 15 yr Laphroaig that’s already been cracked open but at about 80% full. Bought it for around $100 a few years ago, supposedly hard to get and expensive now...but who cares. Doesn’t change the taste any.
Hey , man . Laphroaig 10 is great IMO . I actually ran out last week and have to get another bottle of it.

Hey , man . Laphroaig 10 is great IMO . I actually ran out last week and have to get another bottle of it.

Like I said. Professional drunk

giphy-39.gif

Advertisement
No doubt. It’s awesome. New Holland does some variations of it that I like. Have you had of the stouts from Prairie Artisan? They’re all really good.

I've only had Bomb! but love it, so dangerously drinkable

Advertisement
How much did it run you ? I've had the option of getting it twice, each time for no less than 2 grand
I sold mine last year for $1k. I won it in a lottery, paid bottle price ($140, I believe), but divorced Lady Alcohol not 2-3 months later. I was going to just hold onto it, but considering I don't plan on ever having a drink again, I wasn't sure why. Well, a buddy of mine REALLY wanted one to give as a gift to a client that he made a huge commission off and he couldn't find one anywhere. So I relented and sold it to him for 10 crisp 100 spots. I regret it sometimes as the money is long gone.

Sounds like you're my kind of guy @Stylie . Was only the pen for me yesterday as well. Started off with some Durban Poison and ended the night with some Gorilla Glue. Man, I sure don't miss those post-Superbowl hang overs!

I've only had Bomb! but love it, so dangerously drinkable
Bomb is awesome. There are so many great stouts out there. Depending on what state you live in, you may have access to some good ones. Do you ever hit up any tap rooms? They have a great one out here in Phoenix. Check out this list.

By the 4th quarter I was so lit that I reverted to being a 19 yr old and started pounding vodka Red Bulls as these Chiefs fans in town started pouring Fireball down our throats straight from the bottle. I almost felt like I should be sneaking in past my parents when I got home.

I sold mine last year for $1k. I won it in a lottery, paid bottle price ($140, I believe), but divorced Lady Alcohol not 2-3 months later. I was going to just hold onto it, but considering I don't plan on ever having a drink again, I wasn't sure why. Well, a buddy of mine REALLY wanted one to give as a gift to a client that he made a huge commission off and he couldn't find one anywhere. So I relented and sold it to him for 10 crisp 100 spots. I regret it sometimes as the money is long gone.

Sounds like you're my kind of guy @Stylie . Was only the pen for me yesterday as well. Started off with some Durban Poison and ended the night with some Gorilla Glue. Man, I sure don't miss those post-Superbowl hang overs!
Yeah man! Durban Poison and Gorilla Glue are both fantastic. Do you have a card or live in a state where it's legal?

Advertisement
Back