OT: State of Recruiting

Advertisement
Truth to both honestly, the decommitment problem is crazy tbh for the recruits but then you got to acknowledge there is a “decommitment” these coaches do when they leave for better opportunities at other schools too

Did I say Millennials? You laugh because you have NO IDEA what life was like in America 50-65 years ago. The laugh is one you as living today in our country is significantly worse. FACT

The word commitment is such a powerful word that invokes a lot of strong emotions and perspectives, I personally would like to see it disappear from the unstable world of college recruiting. Would calm a lot of folks down.

Advertisement
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS LOL............ I legit laughed out loud
Word was he cheated on his wife with the wife of a booster at Western Michigan. His wife left him and he remarried right before going to Minnesota. Looked like he tried to frame it as "overcoming adversity" in his lil documentary. Lol FOH PJ

Word was he cheated on his wife with the wife of a booster at Western Michigan. His wife left him and he remarried right before going to Minnesota. Looked like he tried to frame it as "overcoming adversity" in his lil documentary. Lol FOH PJ

I thought the cheating was before he got to Western Michigan

Advertisement
Did I say Millennials? You laugh because you have NO IDEA what life was like in America 50-65 years ago. The laugh is one you as living today in our country is significantly worse. FACT
These kids today aren’t millennials. Who are you ranting at?

Football is a different game. It can be a life altering game both good & bad. These kids r not going to stay committed to a school w limited playing time or a school that can hinder their ability to be recognized for the ultimate goal of being drafted.

Top programs have far less decommits than bottom feeder programs. If Miami was on top, I highly doubt we have that many decommits. We’ve been there at the top. Kids lining up to play for us....we’ve been there. Kids may initially commit due to their hearts, but at the end of the day, it IS a business decision.

Furthermore, kids jumping to play for these prep programs, and the ability to be high school FAs, have already programmed them to play for winners. So it’s no wonder that programs who have been winners both on and off the field are attracting AND poaching top talent, even if their heart is leading them to commit to their childhood college teams.

Bag season is not just about teams paying. We give UGA grief for being a bag program, and not winning a title since before many were born, but UGA have maintained being competitive, in the hunt for conference championships, division championships, and now the CFP. Furthermore, they’ve been producing 1st round draft picks who’ve done well in the NFL. Of course a little jit will be attracted to that, even if they’re committed to another program. We ALL look for better opportunities; it’s human nature.

I used to say, “just don’t commit then”, but a lot of these kids r legit torn and they have a lot of outside influence as well. Parents and aunts & uncles r putting their hopes in to these kids as well, so they want to make sure they r put in the best position for immediate & long term benefits.

He ia 100% correct and society has changed DRAMATICALLY. For the young men and women here that didn't grow up 40-60 years ago kids were MUCH DIFFERENT then. In today's society honesty, integrity, and truthfulness has been replaced by cheating, lying, deceit, and corruption. Many of these kids words are meaningless which is a reflection of our society and the break up of the family. BOOK THAT AS A FACT!
Cmon man. Every generation’s old men says this about the young whippersnappers.

Advertisement
Of course the Coach who makes millions off the backs of players blames the decommitment problem on children...

I wonder who encourages these kids to decommit🤔?? It's not like COACHES FROM OTHER TEAMS ever try to convince a kid to drop his commitment from the school he's committed to in order to get him to sign with them.

Maybe if Coaches honored players "commitments" & stop recruiting players after they chose a school there might not be as many decommits...

But nah, just blame it on the kids, they're a much easier target for people to aim the pitchforks at rather than actually take a deeper look into the real problem with recruiting, which is ADULTS manipulating these players & their families for their own personal gain.

Well it adversely affects Miami more than any program in the country

Florida and FSU have more than 35 decommits in the last 4 years too. So it does seems to hit the Florida schools pretty hard overall.

Meanwhile Clemson has had only 2 in the last 5 years

Advertisement
Well it adversely affects Miami more than any program in the country

Florida and FSU have more than 35 decommits in the last 4 years too. So it does seems to hit the Florida schools pretty hard overall.

Meanwhile Clemson has had only 2 in the last 5 years

That's the thing **** like this only affects schools like the Florida schools certain teams know how to handle the decommit problem better than most what's the reason idk but would love to get insight though

We know, we know. back in your day recruites didn't de-commit, u had to walk 57 miles to catch a school bus, and gas was 2 cents a gallon.

You're in luck, bc we have a president that's making America great again.

Advertisement
Back