OT: Stadium Tour

NFL wise we've been to: Tampa, Jax, Atlanta (Ga dome), Carolina, Tennessee, New Orleans, K.C, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Indy, Cincy, Baltimore, D.C., Philly, Pitt, Green Bay, Minnesota (new stadium), Houston, Dallas, Arizona, San Fran (candlestick), Oakland, Seattle

College: Tulane, LSU, Northwestern, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Kentucky, Texas-Oklahoma (cotton bowl)
That's awesome. You are on your way to finishing all the NFL stadiums pretty quick it looks like!

Advertisement
I wish I could do some of this.

I’ve done a little, when I used to travel a lot for business, which seems like eons ago but was really just six or seven months ago, sometimes I would hit baseball games and a few NFL games in different cities during the summer and fall. I would do it in conjunction with business travel, so my only expense was really the tickets.

Other than the Hurricanes away games, I’ve only been to a few college games other than the canes, although locally I did go to the FSU/Okie NC game here like 20 years ago.

Hey everyone. So in the past I've posted about my goal to watch a game at every FBS team's home stadium. I've been making good progress over the last few years hitting up 4-6 new stadiums per year. This year is obviously going to be much different. My buddies and I are still hoping to hit up one new stadium this year, and since its a weird year we figured we would try and hit up a weird school/stadium.

We've targeted the North Texas Mean Green. They are allowing fans in their stadium and it seems to be only about a half hour (without traffic) from DFW. I know we have some TX posters on here, so I was hoping someone might have an insight on where to get some tickets. Probably for the Southern Miss game on October 3rd, but we are open to other home games too. Stubhub and Seatgeek have a couple tickets but since only season ticket holders are allowed in the stadium, the prices are pretty crazy ($65-$75 for a G5 match up). We aren't above paying that but I figured I would throw it out on here just to see if anyone knew of some season tickets holders in the area that would be willing to part with their tickets for a reasonable price. Thanks!

Side note: Mean Green has to be a top 10 nickname in college football right?
If you haven't been to a UCF game im pretty sure I can get those tickets for free. Dont know about this year but when things get back to normal I pretty sure I can make that happen.

Hey everyone. So in the past I've posted about my goal to watch a game at every FBS team's home stadium. I've been making good progress over the last few years hitting up 4-6 new stadiums per year. This year is obviously going to be much different. My buddies and I are still hoping to hit up one new stadium this year, and since its a weird year we figured we would try and hit up a weird school/stadium.

We've targeted the North Texas Mean Green. They are allowing fans in their stadium and it seems to be only about a half hour (without traffic) from DFW. I know we have some TX posters on here, so I was hoping someone might have an insight on where to get some tickets. Probably for the Southern Miss game on October 3rd, but we are open to other home games too. Stubhub and Seatgeek have a couple tickets but since only season ticket holders are allowed in the stadium, the prices are pretty crazy ($65-$75 for a G5 match up). We aren't above paying that but I figured I would throw it out on here just to see if anyone knew of some season tickets holders in the area that would be willing to part with their tickets for a reasonable price. Thanks!

Side note: Mean Green has to be a top 10 nickname in college football right?
if you have time can you list the places you have been and give a little insight on the best ones. Food, tailgating, women that type of stuff. I love these types of threads. Always so many good stories.

If you haven't been to a UCF game im pretty sure I can get those tickets for free. Dont know about this year but when things get back to normal I pretty sure I can make that happen.
Thanks for the offer! I may just ask you next season. Would love to check out a UCF game.
if you have time can you list the places you have been and give a little insight on the best ones. Food, tailgating, women that type of stuff. I love these types of threads. Always so many good stories.
And yeah I definitely can. Can't talk much on the women aspect because I've been taken pretty much the whole time. But I'll post them all sometime this weekend. I'm at work right now so I'm tied up. But it's been a lot of fun so far!

Advertisement
I'm a lawyer. But I started doing this as a college student so the budget has always been a big factor. I usually buy the cheapest tickets available and drive to as many of the games as possible. Thankfully I've lived in areas that have quite a few stadiums within driving distance. This year me and a couple buddies figured since we are only trying to hit up one game that we wouldn't mind spending a little more cash than usual.
Tax lawyer
Entertainment
Criminal

Asking for a friend

As far as the Olympic stadium was a disaster from the get go. It costs the city a **** load of money and they could never resolved the roof. The stadium is sinking behond belief. I do wish the expos come back to Montreal but not the Olympic stadium. Taxes are so friggin high in Montreal. That is why it's not a good idea to bring back the expos. It's a disaster in Montreal for sports. Montreal Canadiens is it. Lived there since I was a child. Then moved to Arkansas with my family in 1983. That stadium was built for one thing, the Olympics of 1976. The city is still paying for that monster. My profession, **** STAR. They call me: PISTOL PETE.

Last edited:
I wish I could do some of this.

I’ve done a little, when I used to travel a lot for business, which seems like eons ago but was really just six or seven months ago, sometimes I would hit baseball games and a few NFL games in different cities during the summer and fall. I would do it in conjunction with business travel, so my only expense was really the tickets.

Other than the Hurricanes away games, I’ve only been to a few college games other than the canes, although locally I did go to the FSU/Okie NC game here like 20 years ago.
My favorite way to see new stadiums is with Cane away games. I usually try to catch one a year.

Advertisement
Alright so here is the rundown. I've been to 22 out of the 130 colleges/stadiums, which is about 17 percent. I'll go by order that I attended. I keep track of all the games/stadiums with a google spreadsheet. My goal is to watch a game at each FBS team's home stadium. I'm not going to try and repeat schools if they get a new stadium after I've already visited them.

1. Miami - OB - My first CFB game. Watched Devin Hester run back a kickoff. Was an amazing experience. I've actually never been to a Miami game at Hard Rock. I did go to a Marlins game there back when it was Pro Player.
2. Central Michigan - I grew up 45 minutes from CMU. Rowdy student section which I enjoyed very much as a kid. Mt. Pleasant is fine. Nothing special about it. Skip O'Kelly's unless you want a straight up college party. Go downtown and check out the bars there.
3. University of Kentucky - Went with my buddy and his family during college and then again last year. Love Lexington. Just a fun college town. Super nice people. Good tailgating.
4. University of Toledo - Went to school at UT. The Glassbowl is the best MAC stadium I've been to so far. Highest attendance in the MAC usually. I am biased but Toledo is a really underrated city. Fun downtown (Hit up Maumee Bay Brewing, Mutz's, **** n Bull, the Durty Bird, and Fleetwoods). The Toledo Mudhens are really fun in the summer. Great tailgating for a small school. Get breakfast at Greg's Grill before noon games. Can't recommend it enough.
5. University of Cincinnati - Cincy is another really cool city. Very hilly. My favorite bar is City View Tavern in Mt. Adams. Great view of the city (name does it justice). Went down to that godforsaken Golden game vs. Cincy. Terrible memory. But I've been to Cincy plenty of times for Reds games and I always have a blast.
6. FSU - Went for Miami-FSU in 2016. Most of you all know what trailerhassee is like. I will give them credit. Very attractive female student body. I can't recommend any bars because I was blackout the whole weekend.
7. Michigan State - East Lansing is awesome. Great food and party scene. Eat a Hopcat, No Thai!, Crunchy's, Menna's (for to go stuff). Spartan Stadium doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but its a nice place to watch a game. Fans are awesome. Great environment.
8. NC State - Went to Miami-NC St in 2016. Nicest opposing fan base I've encountered by far. Everyone was super cool. The research triangle area is beautiful. Stadium is nicer than UNC. I haven't been to Duke yet. Drink some Red Oak Beer.
9. Eastern Michigan University - Weird stadium. Concrete-gray field turf makes you feel like you are either on acid, watching the game in black and white, or both. Ypsilanti is basically a big suburb of Ann Arbor. I'm sure there are some good places to eat but I didn't really stick around. Played baseball against EMU in college. Baseball field was turf infield and grass outfield. I thought that was really weird at the time.
10. Ohio University - If you want to party your *** off and take some psychedelics then Athens, Ohio is the place for you. Also, if you want to take some amazing hikes while you're in town for the game Athens is the place for you too. Hike at Hocking Hills State Park or Wayne National Forest. Stadium is fun. Watched one of the worst games I've ever seen there. Bobcats blew the brakes off of Hampton. Ticket was only $6 though so that was cool. OU has a good band too.
11. Marshall - Great fanbase. They tailgaited hard and packed the stadium to play Kent St. Sit up in the last row for a great view and a seat back. West Virginia has a ton of natural beauty.
12. OSU - Lived in CBus for a few years. Really fun city. Party in the short north or grandview. Meister's Bar has great deepdish pizza. Hound Dogs has great queso fries. Tailgating is huge. The Shoe is one of the most visually impressive stadiums and atmospheres. You are taken aback when you walk out from the concourse into the stadium. Also wear sunscreen if your tickets are in C-Deck.
13. Bowling Green - Nice little stadium. BG is a great party school/college town. Eat at Campus Pollyeyes (stuffed breadsticks). If you aren't trying to party like a college kid just drive a half hour north and stay in Toledo.
14. UNC - Beautiful campus, dump of a stadium. Worst ACC stadium I've been to so far. Nice fanbase but not as nice as NC State's. Once again drink Red Oak Beer.
15. Miami (OH) - In the middle of nowhere. You can't even see the stadium lights until you're like a quarter mile from the stadium. Nice stadium. Cool statues of the Cradle of Coaches in the entryway. I didn't really get to stick around and experience Oxford much though.
16. Buffalo - Most family friendly stadium I've been to. Seems more like a big high school field than a college field, but in a good way. Not a bad seat in the house. Free parking is a plus. Buffalo people are awesome. Buffalo itself is super fun. Eat at the Anchor Bar to get original Buffalo Wings, but get there early because it gets packed. There is a cool little presidential themed bar there (can't remember the name). Visit Niagara Falls while you're there (Walk over to the Canadian side if you brought your passport - Better view).
17. University of Louisville - Nicest ACC stadium I've been to so far. Every seat has seatbacks. Didn't get to see much of the city. They still serve Papa John’s in the stadium even after all that mess with Papa.
18. University of Minnesota - Minny is a badass city. Went to a MN game and a Twins game on back to back nights. Stadium is great. Super nice people. There is a Bdubs right outside the stadium which is a good place to drink and watch the early games before going inside the stadium. Just eat and drink a lot in general in the Twin Cities.
19. Air Force - Unreal experience. They do the paratroopers into the stadium and a flyover at every game I think. They do tailgate, I was surprised by that. Just go hiking and explore red rocks or garden of the gods in CO Springs. Gorgeous.
20. Purdue University - People say W Laf and Purdue's stadium suck. I completely disagree. Ate great food there and the stadium, while having a kind of weird layout, was really nice and they have a real boiler that steams when they score, It’s pretty cool,
21. Kent State - **** near a high school stadium, but free parking and cheap beer and eats.
22. University of Akron - Way nicer stadium and campus than I expected. No fans there at all though. Felt like watching a scrimmage. Cuyahoga Nat. Park near Akron is beautiful. Check it out if you're in town.

Last edited:
Alright so here is the rundown. I've been to 22 out of the 130 colleges/stadiums, which is about 17 percent. I'll go by order that I attended. I keep track of all the games/stadiums with a google spreadsheet. My goal is to watch a game at each FBS team's home stadium. I'm not going to try and repeat schools if they get a new stadium after I've already visited them.

1. Miami - OB - My first CFB game. Watched Devin Hester run back a kickoff. Was an amazing experience. I've actually never been to a Miami game at Hard Rock. I did go to a Marlins game there back when it was Pro Player.
2. Central Michigan - I grew up 45 minutes from CMU. Rowdy student section which I enjoyed very much as a kid. Mt. Pleasant is fine. Nothing special about it. Skip O'Kelly's unless you want a straight up college party. Go downtown and check out the bars there.
3. University of Kentucky - Went with my buddy and his family during college and then again last year. Love Lexington. Just a fun college town. Super nice people. Good tailgating.
4. University of Toledo - Went to school at UT. The Glassbowl is the best MAC stadium I've been to so far. Highest attendance in the MAC usually. I am biased but Toledo is a really underrated city. Fun downtown (Hit up Maumee Bay Brewing, Mutz's, **** n Bull, the Durty Bird, and Fleetwoods). The Toledo Mudhens are really fun in the summer. Great tailgating for a small school. Get breakfast at Greg's Grill before noon games. Can't recommend it enough.
5. University of Cincinnati - Cincy is another really cool city. Very hilly. My favorite bar is City View Tavern in Mt. Adams. Great view of the city (name does it justice). Went down to that godforsaken Golden game vs. Cincy. Terrible memory. But I've been to Cincy plenty of times for Reds games and I always have a blast.
6. FSU - Went for Miami-FSU in 2016. Most of you all know what trailerhassee is like. I will give them credit. Very attractive female student body. I can't recommend any bars because I was blackout the whole weekend.
7. Michigan State - East Lansing is awesome. Great food and party scene. Eat a Hopcat, No Thai!, Crunchy's, Menna's (for to go stuff). Spartan Stadium doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but its a nice place to watch a game. Fans are awesome. Great environment.
8. NC State - Went to Miami-NC St in 2016. Nicest opposing fan base I've encountered by far. Everyone was super cool. The research triangle area is beautiful. Stadium is nicer than UNC. I haven't been to Duke yet. Drink some Red Oak Beer.
9. Eastern Michigan University - Weird stadium. Concrete-gray field turf makes you feel like you are either on acid, watching the game in black and white, or both. Ypsilanti is basically a big suburb of Ann Arbor. I'm sure there are some good places to eat but I didn't really stick around. Played baseball against EMU in college. Baseball field was turf infield and grass outfield. I thought that was really weird at the time.
10. Ohio University - If you want to party your *** off and take some psychedelics then Athens, Ohio is the place for you. Also, if you want to take some amazing hikes while you're in town for the game Athens is the place for you too. Hike at Hocking Hills State Park or Wayne National Forest. Stadium is fun. Watched one of the worst games I've ever seen there. Bobcats blew the brakes off of Hampton. Ticket was only $6 though so that was cool. OU has a good band too.
11. Marshall - Great fanbase. They tailgaited hard and packed the stadium to play Kent St. Sit up in the last row for a great view and a seat back. West Virginia has a ton of natural beauty.
12. OSU - Lived in CBus for a few years. Really fun city. Party in the short north or grandview. Meister's Bar has great deepdish pizza. Hound Dogs has great queso fries. Tailgating is huge. The Shoe is one of the most visually impressive stadiums and atmospheres. You are taken aback when you walk out from the concourse into the stadium. Also wear sunscreen if your tickets are in C-Deck.
13. Bowling Green - Nice little stadium. BG is a great party school/college town. Eat at Campus Pollyeyes (stuffed breadsticks). If you aren't trying to party like a college kid just drive a half hour north and stay in Toledo.
14. UNC - Beautiful campus, dump of a stadium. Worst ACC stadium I've been to so far. Nice fanbase but not as nice as NC State's. Once again drink Red Oak Beer.
15. Miami (OH) - In the middle of nowhere. You can't even see the stadium lights until you're like a quarter mile from the stadium. Nice stadium. Cool statues of the Cradle of Coaches in the entryway. I didn't really get to stick around and experience Oxford much though.
16. Buffalo - Most family friendly stadium I've been to. Seems more like a big high school field than a college field, but in a good way. Not a bad seat in the house. Free parking is a plus. Buffalo people are awesome. Buffalo itself is super fun. Eat at the Anchor Bar to get original Buffalo Wings, but get there early because it gets packed. There is a cool little presidential themed bar there (can't remember the name). Visit Niagara Falls while you're there (Walk over to the Canadian side if you brought your passport - Better view).
17. University of Louisville - Nicest ACC stadium I've been to so far. Every seat has seatbacks. Didn't get to see much of the city. They still serve Papa John’s in the stadium even after all that mess with Papa.
18. University of Minnesota - Minny is a badass city. Went to a MN game and a Twins game on back to back nights. Stadium is great. Super nice people. There is a Bdubs right outside the stadium which is a good place to drink and watch the early games before going inside the stadium. Just eat and drink a lot in general in the Twin Cities.
19. Air Force - Unreal experience. They do the paratroopers into the stadium and a flyover at every game I think. They do tailgate, I was surprised by that. Just go hiking and explore red rocks or garden of the gods in CO Springs. Gorgeous.
20. Purdue University - People say W Laf and Purdue's stadium suck. I completely disagree. Ate great food there and the stadium, while having a kind of weird layout, was really nice and they have a real boiler that steams when they score, It’s pretty cool,
21. Kent State - **** near a high school stadium, but free parking and cheap beer and eats.
22. University of Akron - Way nicer stadium and campus than I expected. No fans there at all though. Felt like watching a scrimmage. Cuyahoga Nat. Park near Akron is beautiful. Check it out if you're in town.
Really cool write up. sounds like you have a lot of great memories.

One of my close friends was a chef at Anchor Bar and he has the recipe for the wings. Ive had them a few times at his house, they were very good but to be honest they tasted like most wings.

Ive heard that Tenn has great fans much like what you found in Kentucky.

Theres some place in tally that my buddies go to and they always bring back like 20 or so of these chicken sandwiches. They swear they are the best sandwiches going.

Advertisement

I hope you hit 100%. I’ll live vicariously through you, because I know there’s no way I’m going to do this ever. Keep us filled in. This would be a great post to keep alive for years.

Really cool write up. sounds like you have a lot of great memories.

One of my close friends was a chef at Anchor Bar and he has the recipe for the wings. Ive had them a few times at his house, they were very good but to be honest they tasted like most wings.

Ive heard that Tenn has great fans much like what you found in Kentucky.

Theres some place in tally that my buddies go to and they always bring back like 20 or so of these chicken sandwiches. They swear they are the best sandwiches going.
Thanks it's been a lot of fun so far. And oh man I was in love with those Anchor Bar wings. But some of that was probably just from the excitement of being there.

Hopefully I'll be able to visit TN one of these days!

I hope you hit 100%. I’ll live vicariously through you, because I know there’s no way I’m going to do this ever. Keep us filled in. This would be a great post to keep alive for years.
Thanks I hope I do too! My thought on it was always that if I hit 100% then that is really cool. But if I don't make it to all of them at least I've had a blast trying over the years. It's a win-win situation. I will keep up on this for sure if you're interested. Hopefully I'll be able to give a write up of North Texas and/or SMU sometime this season.

Advertisement
Thanks I hope I do too! My thought on it was always that if I hit 100% then that is really cool. But if I don't make it to all of them at least I've had a blast trying over the years. It's a win-win situation. I will keep up on this for sure if you're interested. Hopefully I'll be able to give a write up of North Texas and/or SMU sometime this season.

Although this is a weird season, kind of a one-of, it would still be good to hear about the stadium, the atmosphere, the people, the area, the tailgating if you go, that kind of stuff. Might even be a little more interesting than the actual games themselves sometimes.

Although this is a weird season, kind of a one-of, it would still be good to hear about the stadium, the atmosphere, the people, the area, the tailgating if you go, that kind of stuff. Might even be a little more interesting than the actual games themselves sometimes.
Definitely. I will make sure to update the thread with all that stuff. And you are right, oftentimes I remember the stadium/city/atmosphere much more than the game itself. Actually part of the spreadsheet I keep makes sure to note the opponent just so I can go back and look at the games after a couple years. It's a cool reminder.

Make sure you hit ECU. Better atmosphere/tailgating stadium than anywhere in the NC outside of NC State. Was a great time when Lincoln Riley was calling plays and they were good.

Make sure you hit ECU. Better atmosphere/tailgating stadium than anywhere in the NC outside of NC State. Was a great time when Lincoln Riley was calling plays and they were good.
I would love to. I've heard great things about ECU and Greenville as a whole. I have family in Raleigh and Charlotte so thankfully I am able to make it to NC every few years to visit them. My dad and I were planning on going down to the Miami-Wake game this year until COVID. But next year (as long as things are back to normal) I'm sure I will hit up one of the remaining NC teams on my visit.

Advertisement
Back