Off-Topic OT: Shooting at the Stadium Hotel (the old El Palacio Hotel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I used to be "bout that life" too. Not anymore. I'm legit scared and not afraid to admit it. I avoid confrontation at all costs.
I don't trust these soft a$$ MF'ers.

Totally different mindset now. I feel you on that. I carry, but I also try my best to avoid any confrontation too. It just ain't worth it. I carry because I feel like if it absolutely comes down to it, then I have protection, but best believe I'm not ashamed to say that I'm trying to de-escalate any type of situation that may be heading sideways. Cats nowadays are letting fly without even thinking, and then are up in jail crying and second guessing after the fact. smh

One of the 3 victims was my buddy's WR from Western High, Fred Killings Jr.
He didn't make it. 😔
He died the same way his daddy did. SMH
Likely over some bullsh!t.
Fvckin' soft a$$ generation, scared to fight.
I'm really tired of this ****.

Let me stop before I get political. 🤐
WTF?!?!?! I knew Big Fred growing up. He used to do his thing at Edison. I'm a little older but he was good friends with some of my buddies a couple years under me. Fuccin' shame man...

You're likely getting shot either way then if that's the situation if they're about that life.

That’s the thing, you don’t know who’s about that life anymore. Yeah when I was in high school it was different. Now, I don’t know who’s got what. So then it becomes, are you willing to put the rest of your life at risk because someone “disrespects you“. I mean it could be a situation where it’s shoot or be shot. And if you shoot, that could be the end of your life too. Because you better have a **** good reason to take a pop at somebody.

There’s enough stupid shlt going around. And I’ve already got a big enough mouth that I have to control. I have to devote 100% of my energy to that.

I already had a guy run up on me after an FSU game, and the funny thing was I had no idea why, I wasn’t running my mouth I was just going out to my car after I had broken up with a group of my friends we were all headed out to our cars to go home. Weird situation.

Advertisement
I carry every single place I go. 24/7. It’s made less likely to be confrontational. I carry for defensive purposes against being the victim of an active shooter or robbery or attack on the street. But I wouldn’t even think to walk towards anyone today in any threatening manner as if they have a gun and kill me claiming self defense. The best situation is the one you walk away from and wake up in home the next morNing. Forget ego and being disrespected.

The lack of respect for human life is just shameful.
I hear the soft talk and the fist over firearms talk. I get that. Young men full of hormones are going to get mad and fight sometimes. That's unavoidable.
But we really need to do a better job as a society of teaching young people to respect and value human life.

That’s the thing, you don’t know who’s about that life anymore. Yeah when I was in high school it was different. Now, I don’t know who’s got what. So then it becomes, are you willing to put the rest of your life at risk because someone “disrespects you“. I mean it could be a situation where it’s shoot or be shot. And if you shoot, that could be the end of your life too. Because you better have a **** good reason to take a pop at somebody.

There’s enough stupid shlt going around. And I’ve already got a big enough mouth that I have to control. I have to devote 100% of my energy to that.

I already had a guy run up on me after an FSU game, and the funny thing was I had no idea why, I wasn’t running my mouth I was just going out to my car after I had broken up with a group of my friends we were all headed out to our cars to go home. Weird situation.

I hear you.

I didn't mean to say that I want my kids in any situation like that. ****, they're 8 and 10. Biggest kids around and kind, but they've both been tried once apiece so we had to have that talk.

10 year old just held the kid down after he threw some punches. 8 year old was punched. I asked what he did, he said I came home to your right away. I asked why he didn't hit the kid back and he said he didn't want to hurt him. I was proud of him, but don't ever let someone punch you and think there isn't consequences. Kid tried it again, he knocked him down on his ***. Kid has done that with everyone around here and now he's stopped. All situations involved talking with their parents.

Both boys are taking some martial arts as they're big and it'll help with balance, movement, discipline, etc. A nephew will wrestle with them when he's around. They play pretty much every sport, keep them busy and helps their social game.

They know not to bully anyone, start **** or they're dealing with me. Situations happen though and if there's not an exit, they'll be prepared and confident. Walk away if you can, etc. The talk will get more serious as they get older if course.

Advertisement
He didn't make it. 😔

****! So sad. RIP Fred.

Does anyone know what exactly happened? Were they inside when the shooting started?
All I have found is that the victims and the suspect were all apparently members of the team. Early reports are there was a verbal altercation that escalated to the point shots were fired. Doesn't look like much reporting on this since yesterday, though.

I smashed a Jamaican chick off Backpage there in 2016. Place was seedy as ****.

RIP to the youngins, gun violence is a nasty epidemic in the USA

Advertisement
Lived in the Lake Lucerne area in the early 1990's very close to this hotel and it was drugs and violence back then but just a higher level now. Had a relative that lived there in the early 1970s when I was a teen and the area was very nice.

Gun violence is not about being tough or soft, is a lot deeper than that.
There's been gun violence since the 70s yet people love to say, in my time we used our fists.

I agree, but these young people are killing each other over stupid $h!t nowadays.

Gang $h!t aside, I remember watching a story on 2 teenagers being killed in Chicago because they complimented a guy on His height...think about that, they got killed over a compliment!!!

Unreal.

I don’t care how bad you are. I don’t care if u can whip the whole bar or club. All u need is the friend of the guy you’re gonna fight to pull a gun and shoot you. Some one disrespects your girl? Your girl would rather u walk away and wake up next to her the next day than get killed. Walk out or walk away with your girl. Got road rage or get into it with someone in a parking lot or over a driving situation? All it takes is you getting out of the car and walking towards someone’s car. I think twice about all that because I realize they may have a gun and decide they’re threatened.

Advertisement
I hear you.

I didn't mean to say that I want my kids in any situation like that. ****, they're 8 and 10. Biggest kids around and kind, but they've both been tried once apiece so we had to have that talk.

10 year old just held the kid down after he threw some punches. 8 year old was punched. I asked what he did, he said I came home to your right away. I asked why he didn't hit the kid back and he said he didn't want to hurt him. I was proud of him, but don't ever let someone punch you and think there isn't consequences. Kid tried it again, he knocked him down on his ***. Kid has done that with everyone around here and now he's stopped. All situations involved talking with their parents.

Both boys are taking some martial arts as they're big and it'll help with balance, movement, discipline, etc. A nephew will wrestle with them when he's around. They play pretty much every sport, keep them busy and helps their social game.

They know not to bully anyone, start **** or they're dealing with me. Situations happen though and if there's not an exit, they'll be prepared and confident. Walk away if you can, etc. The talk will get more serious as they get older if course.

My kids are older. But yeah you’re in a tough spot man. It’s a fine line nowadays. You want kids to stand their ground and not get pushed around, at the same time, shlt can go down anywhere at any time no matter where you’re at you’re in the city or you are in the suburbs. Crazy motherf*ckers walking around everywhere.

We just want our kids to act right not just around their friends and situations that might be dicey, but even around cops you got to teach them how to act around cops.

He didn't make it. 😔

Say what you need to say because people probably need to read it. I'm tied of this as well. I've seen enough autopsy photos and families of shooting victims for a lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back