Off-Topic OT: Shooting at the Stadium Hotel (the old El Palacio Hotel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, these kids don’t know how to use their hands, afraid to take a L, & have no regard for their own lives. The gun play is their only play & it’s an epidemic.

Never owned a gun, relied on the hands and legs. You never know what you'll get these days if you step to someone, what they got. So I kind of get it, but then I don't since it's usually over dumb ****. The kind of **** you forgot about back when I was younger. Someone starts running their mouth now, you've got a decision. End it right away or walk away. Kids these days love to run their gums, like you said, they don't want to square up.

I tell my boys, someone wants to talk about a fight, start the fight. Don't go back and forth, try and beat them with a war of words. They talking about a fight, they don't want to fight. You clown them in a war of words, you never know what they'll pull out.

Obviously best case scenario, fugg it, walk away. In your face, get the drop.

Advertisement
Never owned a gun, relied on the hands and legs. You never know what you'll get these days if you step to someone, what they got. So I kind of get it, but then I don't since it's usually over dumb ****. The kind of **** you forgot about back when I was younger. Someone starts running their mouth now, you've got a decision. End it right away or walk away. Kids these days love to run their gums, like you said, they don't want to square up.

I tell my boys, someone wants to talk about a fight, start the fight. Don't go back and forth, try and beat them with a war of words. They talking about a fight, they don't want to fight. You clown them in a war of words, you never know what they'll pull out.

In your face, get the drop, you’re a hero for about 5 seconds, and then his friend walks up and caps you before you even know what happened. Great advice.

In your face, get the drop, you’re a hero for about 5 seconds, and then his friend walks up and caps you before you even know what happened. Great advice.

You're likely getting shot either way then if that's the situation if they're about that life.

Bro, sad to say but I used to own & carry, but I was always hands first. Dad & uncles taught me how to use my hands thoroughly. I don’t own anymore, though. And fighting or arguing? Nah, even though my 1st inclination is to fight by nature.

Honestly man, bout 2 yrs ago, fought a dude, knocked him out. When he came to, he came after me w/ a gun, but the gun jammed twice. True story. Made me really evaluate a lot & realized it’s never worth it. Don’t respond, not even by words. It’s never that serious, not in today’s climate. The trigger is the 1st response. If someone feels disrespected or embarrassed, that’s the 1st resort, unfortunately, especially these youngsters.

Advertisement
Bro, sad to say but I used to own & carry, but I was always hands first. Dad & uncles taught me how to use my hands thoroughly. I don’t own anymore, though. And fighting or arguing? Nah, even though my 1st inclination is to fight by nature.

Honestly man, bout 2 yrs ago, fought a dude, knocked him out. When he came to, he came after me w/ a gun, but the gun jammed twice. True story. Made me really evaluate a lot & realized it’s never worth it. Don’t respond, not even by words. It’s never that serious, not in today’s climate. The trigger is the 1st response. If someone feels disrespected or embarrassed, that’s the 1st resort, unfortunately, especially these youngsters.
I used to be "bout that life" too. Not anymore. I'm legit scared and not afraid to admit it. I avoid confrontation at all costs.
I don't trust these soft a$$ MF'ers.

One of the 3 victims was my buddy's WR from Western High, Fred Killings Jr.
He didn't make it. 😔
He died the same way his daddy did. SMH
Likely over some bullsh!t.
Fvckin' soft a$$ generation, scared to fight.
I'm really tired of this ****.

Let me stop before I get political. 🤐
Horrible man. Even worse when it repeats generationally.

Like you said, it was almost certainly over stupid **** and all it takes is one person to not care and be willing to f up multiple lives permanently and their own.

If it's the same kid that I heard about when I was originally told about this then it was a crazy and sad scene at the hospital too. I'm pretty sure the kid passed before he got there or very shortly after but his family all showed up and none of them were allowed in because of covid.

I used to be "bout that life" too. Not anymore. I'm legit scared and not afraid to admit it. I avoid confrontation at all costs.
I don't trust these soft a$$ MF'ers.

Exactly. It’s the soft ones u gotta worry bout & this society w/ all this coddling b.s have created a whole slew of soft dudes now. I stay waaaaaay out the way, bro. That situation legit spooked me, & it would’ve been all for naught. Not only death, but I’m not even w/ the chick anymore who it was about! Smh

Advertisement
It's a tragedy that happens all too often. I couldn't imagine losing one of my kids over some stupid argument.

My heart goes out to the families.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back