OT: Sequels

Desperado - 2nd film in the Mariachi series...
Evil Dead 2 - Bruce Campbell kills it every time...
Empire Strikes Back - I know it was posted but I saw it in the theatre when it came out in 1980, Honestly for it's time it was the most anticipated movie ever and man did it deliver..
Dark Knight - No explanation needed...
Next Movie - Cheech and Chong will always have a spot on my list...
Dawn of the Dead - 1978 version..
Back to the future 2 - Great story telling...

I guess we all can go on and on with this....

Advertisement
Empire Strikes Back is by far the best film in the series
Aliens is by far the best film in the series

I consider Terminator 2 the best movie I've ever seen
Curious what you fellow Star Wars geeks think of the other Star Wars films? Always like to hear different opinions.

Curious what you fellow Star Wars geeks think of the other Star Wars films? Always like to hear different opinions.
1) Empire
2) A New Hope
3) Return of the Jedi

All really good films.

The Phantom Menace and the one after that are genuinely bad films. The newer ones are OK, but don't do much for me. I liked The Mandalorian series.

Desperado - 2nd film in the Mariachi series...
Evil Dead 2 - Bruce Campbell kills it every time...
Empire Strikes Back - I know it was posted but I saw it in the theatre when it came out in 1980, Honestly for it's time it was the most anticipated movie ever and man did it deliver..
Dark Knight - No explanation needed...
Next Movie - Cheech and Chong will always have a spot on my list...
Dawn of the Dead - 1978 version..
Back to the future 2 - Great story telling...

I guess we all can go on and on with this....
Great call on Back to the Future 2.

1) Empire
2) A New Hope
3) Return of the Jedi

All really good films.

The Phantom Menace and the one after that are genuinely bad films. The newer ones are OK, but don't do much for me. I liked The Mandalorian series.
I’m with you on 4,5,6

where I catch some flack on this topic are the prequels. I really didn’t mind them as much as main stream fans. The story arc and character development was so friggin good

Phantom Menace: My least fav of the prequels. Jar jar, young/old Anakin, slow development. But Qui Gon and Obe were great. Darth Maul was savage. That fight scene where they went through the glass doors and dukes it out was great

Clones/Sith: Really enjoyed swing how the Republic was and how it started to crack. Lot of similarities with politics today. How the rebel army was formed and other things that got explained. I enjoyed them

The new ones....very disappointed. Lazy writing, terrible character development. Disney, Rian and Kennedy really fumbled it in my opinion

Advertisement
Fun list. Thanks. I’m actually ashamed I’ve never seen Manhunter.

Azkahban is the best of the Potter movies

I don’t agree though about Captain America. Personally I liked the 1st better than Winter Soldier

Christmas Vacation I never felt as a sequel but I guess it is. Vacation is hilarious. CV is probably my 2nd favorite XMas movie of all time. Love CV. It’s a Wonderful Life is my XMas favorite. About as perfect a movie there is in my humble opinion. But there are so many great XMas movies out there
Manhunter is a terrible adaptation of the novel Red Dragon, the first novel introducing Hannibal Lecter, but as a secondary character. Silence of the Lambs was the second novel, with Lecter the lead with Clarice Starling. Red Dragon was adapted a second time, retaining the title. A better film than Manhunter, but not an equal to Silence of the Lambs.

Bro. Get the **** Falcon. Life is too short. If your bills are paid and responsibilities are taken care of, get it if it makes you happy

I’m not sure what your buddy is Smokin. I’ve never met anyone with a bad thing to say about ESB. That was on point. But it’s all in the eye of the beholder.

Don’t worry it will be had in March

She just doesn't understand the fascination with Star Wars. Made her watch the original trilogy because she wanted to watch The Mandolorian because of Baby yoda. Halfway through the first she told me "None of this makes sense"

I wouldn’t claims Aliens is better than Alien. They’re just different pictures by two great directors. Alien is more sci-fi/horror whereas Aliens more sci-fi/adventure, IMO. Both great.

Terminator 2, same director as Aliens, benefits from a exponentially larger budget. I think Terminator is better. Arnold wasn’t a mega-star yet, and a low budget made Cameron rely less on effects. T2 also had humor that wasn’t in the first film. Different movies, really.

That said, I enjoy all four films.

This. Got in before I could say it. Alien is a completely different movie than Aliens. The first was a masterpiece of ominous atmospheric isolation and the second is a formulaic action-packed shoot-em up (although admittedly done well).

Spot on. Dark Knight is my favorite Comic movie of all time. Christopher Nolan slayed it. Ledgers interpretation of The Joker was brilliant. All 3 movies were great but that one is nearly flawless
We agree. I’m not a comic book fan, but have been been a Batman fan. I thought it was brilliant the Batman comics went noir, and then the film adaptations. I think the Tim Burton movies and later sequels with other directors were trash. Jack Nicholson was okay as Joker, but fans went crazy because it was Nicholson.

The Christopher Nolan three-part reboot was excellent, and Ledger’s performance was genius.

Oddly, I’ve never like the casting of Batman. Keaton and Val Kilmer (WTF?), meh. To be honest, the best casting was Clooney, but he’s a better actor now than twenty years ago. Christian Bale is a talented actor but the false deep voice was unnecessary. I did not care for Ben Affleck either.

But then, I’m not in the decision loop. So what do I know.

Advertisement
This. Got in before I could say it. Alien is a completely different movie than Aliens. The first was a masterpiece of ominous atmospheric isolation and the second is a formulaic action-packed shoot-em up (although admittedly done well).
Agreed. Aliens was excellent, as all Cameron films are. A lot of great lines...

“We’re dead meat man, game over”
“Get away from her, you *****!”

I’m with you on 4,5,6

where I catch some flack on this topic are the prequels. I really didn’t mind them as much as main stream fans. The story arc and character development was so friggin good

Phantom Menace: My least fav of the prequels. Jar jar, young/old Anakin, slow development. But Qui Gon and Obe were great. Darth Maul was savage. That fight scene where they went through the glass doors and dukes it out was great

Clones/Sith: Really enjoyed swing how the Republic was and how it started to crack. Lot of similarities with politics today. How the rebel army was formed and other things that got explained. I enjoyed them

The new ones....very disappointed. Lazy writing, terrible character development. Disney, Rian and Kennedy really fumbled it in my opinion
The ideas and story of Star Wars are spectacular.

The execution, particularly in writing and acting, leaves a ****load to be desired.

Manhunter is a terrible adaptation of the novel Red Dragon, the first novel introducing Hannibal Lecter, but as a secondary character. Silence of the Lambs was the second novel, with Lecter the lead with Clarice Starling. Red Dragon was adapted a second time, retaining the title. A better film than Manhunter, but not an equal to Silence of the Lambs.
Appreciate the heads up. Still going to have to watch it now. Lecter is one of the more fascinating characters in film. I wasn’t crazy about Red Dragon. Hannibal was very good. Gary Oldman can play anything. Mason was a creepy ****.

Don’t worry it will be had in March

She just doesn't understand the fascination with Star Wars. Made her watch the original trilogy because she wanted to watch The Mandolorian because of Baby yoda. Halfway through the first she told me "None of this makes sense"
Good. I’m glad. Enjoy it. I’ve been down that road too. They just don’t get it. Mandalorian was very well done. I wish Favreau would take over the next trilogy.

Advertisement
My definitive rankings --

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
4. Return of the Jedi (gets a bad rep bc of the Ewoks but it's a solid af film)
5. Solo

6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Force Awakens
8. Clone Wars
9. Rise of the Skywalker
10. The Phantom Menace

11. The Last Jedi (the only SW film I really don't like)

I got a controversial one: I really, really, really, really think that Die Hard With a Vengeance is the best of the series (and Die Hard imo is a perfect film).

The ideas and story of Star Wars are spectacular.

The execution, particularly in writing and acting, leaves a ****load to be desired.
If Lucas did the last trilogy, he was going to go down the path of exploring the Jedi religion and history more...midiclorians and **** like that. Would have loved to see where he took it instead of the crap Disney served up.

The acting is not going to win any oscars for sure. But it has sort of an imperfect charm to it. Anakin was pretty bad though. Although Leah did deliver a pretty titillating performance in RotJ 😁

We agree. I’m not a comic book fan, but have been been a Batman fan. I thought it was brilliant the Batman comics went noir, and then the film adaptations. I think the Tim Burton movies and later sequels with other directors were trash. Jack Nicholson was okay as Joker, but fans went crazy because it was Nicholson.

The Christopher Nolan three-part reboot was excellent, and Ledger’s performance was genius.

Oddly, I’ve never like the casting of Batman. Keaton and Val Kilmer (WTF?), meh. To be honest, the best casting was Clooney, but he’s a better actor now than twenty years ago. Christian Bale is a talented actor but the false deep voice was unnecessary. I did not care for Ben Affleck either.

But then, I’m not in the decision loop. So what do I know.
The Burton Batman’s are cheese. But at the time I did enjoy them. I was comparing them to Adam West and the TV series. So seeing it brought to the big screen was fun. Yeah none of those Batman’s were cast great. I do like Bale though. Agreed on the voice change. That wasn’t necessary. He wasn’t fooling anyone.

Advertisement

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
5. Solo

6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Force Awakens
8. Clone Wars
9. Rise of the Skywalker
10. The Phantom Menace

I got a controversial one: I really, really, really, really think that Die Hard With a Vengeance is the best of the series (and Die Hard imo is a perfect film).
Rogue One was surprisingly well done. The scene at the end where the red lightsaber turns on in the smoke was mint Solo was just ok for me but not bad at all. My list would have Last Jedi and Rise buried at the bottom.
I’m looking forward to Obi’s film. Would love for them to do one of Qui Gon.

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
5. Solo

6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Force Awakens
8. Clone Wars
9. Rise of the Skywalker
10. The Phantom Menace

Btw. You aren’t on an island with your Die Hard opinion. The original is unreal. But Vengeance keeps my attention more and look forward to rewatching it more so than the 1st. Maybe Mace Windu is doing a Jedi mindtrick on us.

1. A New Hope
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Rogue One
5. Solo

6. Revenge of the Sith
7. Force Awakens
8. Clone Wars
9. Rise of the Skywalker
10. The Phantom Menace

Although I don't agree with it being better than the original (which is a ******* masterpiece), With a Vengeance is so funny that it can arguably reach both the action and comedy audiences.

Advertisement
Back