OT: Sequels

I wouldn’t claims Aliens is better than Alien. They’re just different pictures by two great directors. Alien is more sci-fi/horror whereas Aliens more sci-fi/adventure, IMO. Both great.

Terminator 2, same director as Aliens, benefits from a exponentially larger budget. I think Terminator is better. Arnold wasn’t a mega-star yet, and a low budget made Cameron rely less on effects. T2 also had humor that wasn’t in the first film. Different movies, really.

That said, I enjoy all four films.
T2 is the greatest action flick of all time. No Godfather 2 in here?

Advertisement
The trailer gives me hope they won’t completely bring down the original. The one I’m really hoping does justice is Top Gun 2.
For some reason I think that one is gonna be bad.... I mean it should do well money wise but I just don't see it being a good film...

I didn't see Rocky 2 on here yet... Maybe not the greatest but it did deliver story wise before things went hyper hollywood in Rocky 3( which in itself was really good but way over the top)..

I didn't see Rocky 2 on here yet... Maybe not the greatest but it did deliver story wise before things went hyper hollywood in Rocky 3( which in itself was really good but way over the top)..
I did mention in my OP 😁. Rocky 2 is at least equal to Rocky if not better for sure

Advertisement
For some reason I think that one is gonna be bad.... I mean it should do well money wise but I just don't see it being a good film...
My one hope is that Tom Cruise doesn’t give a **** about Hollywood and I don’t think he would have signed on unless the script was decent. They better not tarnish that one. One of my fav 80s movies

Advertisement
Back