OT: SEC Wins again...

The rule will prevent FBS schools from hosting camps or clinics at facilities that they do not use regularly for football practice or play. It also prevents coaches from working as guest instructors at another school's camp.

Also, if I'm reading this right, it also means we are no longer going to be participating in the coaches clinic being held at Dematha, MD.

Our plans are definitely taking a hit

Net gain

Advertisement
When does this go into effect?

(freakin' f$u is here in Orlando)

Won't affect FSU since their stadium is having construction done. The NCAA even approved for them to host recruits in Orlando at their spring game. Lucky SOB's. Hopefully they make them re-locate to a closer high school

That will also stop us from scrimmaging in Palm Beach County or Naples or anywhere like that.

"or at facilities regularly used for practice or competition,"
Good point, but I wonder if the scheduled scrimmages that were set in PB county for this spring establishes "facilities regularly used"?

Advertisement
That will also stop us from scrimmaging in Palm Beach County or Naples or anywhere like that.

"or at facilities regularly used for practice or competition,"
Good point, but I wonder if the scheduled scrimmages that were set in PB county for this spring establishes "facilities regularly used"?
I doubt that using a facility once or twice meets the "facilities regularly used" standard. You have to view this stuff in light of the purpose for which they wrote the rule. The purpose is to stop schools from travelling off campus to recruit.

If they want to stop that stuff, then they have to make it pretty cut and dry in its enforcement. I doubt that they'll take kindly to fudging the rule to find ways to take the show on the road and recruit off campus.

Having said all that, the rule might not even apply to scrimmages. It might only apply to extended stays off campus like camps. I'd have to see it.

Looking at Google Maps....if we have to relocate from Oxbridge Academy...
Don't know the condition or size of these high school football stadiums but...Lake Worth, Park Vista, Santaluces, and Trinity Christian Academy are all within 50 miles of Dolphin Stadium. The school furthest north (Lake Worth, 52 mile drive but still within 50 miles if you draw a circle around Dolphin stadium) would be within a half hour drive for kids coming from the north (North Palm Beach) and within a half hour drive from as far west as Wellington. Can't compare with Oxbridge when it comes to proximity to all of Palm Beach but still decent.

I will gladly sacrifice a scrimmage or two in Palm Beach and Naples to keep enemy coaches out of Florida.

The NCAA never did a better thing. That helps us. Its not that far from Palm Beach and it definitely keeps others out of SO FL, physically

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
shame that Harbaugh had to ruin it for the people these camps really help, which is the 2star non rated kids that would get looks from the G5 schools and what not that would come work these camps and look at those kids and offer them scholarships. Most of those kids won't be able to go camp at Ohio, NIU, WKU etc to audition for a scholarship offer. Should have found a way to just put a stop to the Power5 schools from infringing on each others turf w/out affecting the kids who need these camps to help them get seen.

Colorado got two kids based off a camp i took my cousin to...Utah as well....Now those schools will have to do more due dilligence as they wont be able to see the kids up close n personal. But thats good..because ypou know **** well the whole SEC were going to be setting up at alll these handout high schools for their fake sateloite camps

Advertisement
Back