OT: Saban done with Kiffin

Advertisement
You could see this coming the minute Saban hired Sark.

Alabama's offense struggled against Washington, 17 points.

Last edited:
My guess would be Saban thought he was busier looking at recruiting for Fai than the ******* fonational championship

Advertisement
WOW!! But you know what, this is the type of thing that will get his players' attention. A guy being fired in this situation will make every player understand that everyone is accountable.

Might be exactly what his players need going into this game to keep their edge.

Those guys hate each other, and have from almost day one. Kiffin may or may not be head coaching material, but he is a good OC.

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 12.31.34 PM.png

Advertisement
Lane wanted to leave before the dead period. Saban wouldn't let him.

Kiffin is a happy man today.

My guess would be Saban thought he was busier looking at recruiting for Fai than the ****ing fonational championship

didn't understand what the benefit would be here keeping a guy around that you obviously have a strained relationship with, who more than likely has his mind (and loyalties) elsewhere, and will maybe be negative recruiting against you in the future.

bama ***ers are operating a different level they have second string coordinators in waiting the staff is so huge never seen anything like this

Advertisement
This is good for Clemson. The OC is the toughest position on the field to coach. Sark has not coached in over a year. When he did coach I am not even sure he was the OC for USC. So needless to say he is going to be rusty. Add to that his first game back is the NC, no pressure there. And Clemson just shut out OSU. If Watson can protect the ball I like Clemson's chances.

Advertisement
This is good for Clemson. The OC is the toughest position on the field to coach. Sark has not coached in over a year. When he did coach I am not even sure he was the OC for USC. So needless to say he is going to be rusty. Add to that his first game back is the NC, no pressure there. And Clemson just shut out OSU. If Watson can protect the ball I like Clemson's chances.

He was an "analyst" on the Bama staff already and while he is not supposed to be directly coaching the players I'm sure all those "analysts" at Bama coach the kids just like regular assistants.
But it's Bama so it's ok.

He was an "analyst" on the Bama staff already and while he is not supposed to be directly coaching the players I'm sure all those "analysts" at Bama coach the kids just like regular assistants.
But it's Bama so it's ok.

Understood. But how much has he been involved in game planning? Maybe more then we know. But I do know that he has not been calling plays under the pressure of a time clock and has not had to adjust to the flow of a game in a long time. I think Venables eats his lunch, or makes him eat his boogers again.

Advertisement
Back