OT: Rutgers announces Sitkowski is starting QB

Advertisement
I'm sure like most, outside s fla, I was pretty stoked when we landed him. Then I watched his film. Thought I was having an acid flashback two years before Jim Kelly arrived.
Richt almost went full Golden

I saw what the kid could be but u cant teach accuracy and anticipation and he did not have that at all. Im still intrigued to see what he does there and how bad or good he will look.

Can't really hate on the kid though, he was told to kick rocks.

If what some insiders say is true that he tried to test the waters on if he could get some other recruits to bail with him earlier on when he was still the guy then I can certainly hate on him. Don't go to a Miami camp and say "hey, we should all decommit and go somewhere else together".

Should I feel proud that Jon and CMR identified Sitkowski early on, saw the raw talent?

Should I feel good that our coaches have a good eye for QBs.

Or should I be upset that they stopped recruiting him and let him walk mid-way thru his senior HS season because the talent wasn't translating to on-field performance at IMG?

Still like Williams a lot from what I saw in person at the Spring Game!!!

Advertisement
Can't really hate on the kid though, he was told to kick rocks.

Not true.

Here's a closer representation of the truth.

The kid got recruited down from Jersey to run a high powered offense at IMG. He was 16 when they recruited him and barely 17 when he got to IMG. The kid had some culture shock and become very home sick. It affected his on-field performance. He wanted to be closer to home. He and UM parted ways in favor of him signing with his home market team, Rutgers.

The kid is still a very talented QB. Hearing that he is being announced as the game 1 starter as a true freshman is indicative of his talent level.

You are absolutely correct in your assessment that there is no reason to hate on the kid. He bit off more than he can chew as a 17 year old kid and is now settling into a more comfortable situation. Best of luck to him.

They Had to Go with Art.... No Choice really.

They kid he was battling was terrible but started over half the season last year. They know what he is. Bad

Its better to have at least somewhat experience coming off the bench that have a deer in headlights like Art.

As for Art coming here.... he wouldn't have fit in the locker room... (suspect attitude) maybe @brooklynee can verify. I just know through kids who were his teammates and coaches up here in Central Jersey along with being the sidelines for some of his games and watching his interactions.

He's better off at Rutgers but I fear for them that they now have a monster of arrogance that will be tough to control.

JC

Lotta truth to this.

Gotta have thick skin and awareness at Miami. Artur would have been like having Flacco at Miami.

"**** TO NAA! TO THE NA NA NA''

Whether you think the kid will succeed or not, the facts are he was recruited solely on potential and not at all on performance. He's a big guy with a strong arm and reasonable athletic ability. He was a sub 50% passer with more picks than TDs at his Jersey HS and after transferring to IMG, where he was supposed to shine, he barely even saw the field. He's in a tough situation at Rutgers because they are pathetic at pretty much every position on offense and he's going to be thrown to the wolves.

Advertisement
So is IMG that good or is Rutgers that bad? Rhetorical question.

Well the guy he sat behind at IMG was a walk-on at Minnesota and will also be a freshman starter... a walk-on freshman starter..

Having said that ****Kowski wasnt very good in games and would probably be 5th string here and be utilized as a camp arm

14f591.jpg

Starting your freshman year in D1 when you weren't starting your senior year in HS. That doesn't say much for Rutgers QB depth.

Well it does say a lot actually, they have nothing and are hedging their season on a true freshman who wasn't even a productive HS QB at a football factory with skill position players that were likely better than what will be on his current team.

Advertisement
He'll probably be terrible.

But I would actually be okay with him beating Ohio State*. Not gonna happen, but I would be cool with it.

apparently he turned down the scholarship offer to Miami. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

You need to learn to read, bruh-man

They article states Tom Savage turned down Miami in 2009, which is true. The article does NOT say Sitkowski turned down Miami. The article is pretty clear

If what some insiders say is true that he tried to test the waters on if he could get some other recruits to bail with him earlier on when he was still the guy then I can certainly hate on him. Don't go to a Miami camp and say "hey, we should all decommit and go somewhere else together".

The sauce on that one has a pretty sketchy track record.

Advertisement
Good for him.

I wonder if their HC is selling him as the future... and a reason he needs an extension.

I've seen this move before. Start a freshman and if the season goes to **** its cause you need more time with him.. If you win, its cause you recruited him and you know how to win with him, which calls for an extension!

If that **** is true then man, I hope he tears his acl walking to the field.

Advertisement
Back