OT: Rutgers announces Sitkowski is starting QB

Imagine if he balls out, this board would have a melt down. OMG, what if he beats Ohio State? hahahahahaha

Advertisement
apparently he turned down the scholarship offer to Miami. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

You misread that; they meant Tom Savage.

"Tom Savage was a big-time recruit, arguably the biggest quarterback prospect in program history when he committed in 2009. He turned down 10 scholarship offers, including from Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Louisville, Penn State, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Virginia.

Sitkowski had more than twice that many scholarship offers...."

It's not shocking news. Rutgers has nothing else at the position. They'd kill for Evan Shireffs right now.

You misread that; they meant Tom Savage.

"Tom Savage was a big-time recruit, arguably the biggest quarterback prospect in program history when he committed in 2009. He turned down 10 scholarship offers, including from Florida State, Georgia, Miami, Louisville, Penn State, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Virginia.

Sitkowski had more than twice that many scholarship offers...."
you are correct, I only skimmed over the drivel.

I'm sure like most, outside s fla, I was pretty stoked when we landed him. Then I watched his film. Thought I was having an acid flashback two years before Jim Kelly arrived.

Advertisement
In related news, Zack Annexstad, who took over for ****kowski when he was benched at IMG, was named the starter at Minnesota as a freshman walk on.

Thought this was a joke but its not. Questions for those in the know, how does a backup get more scholarship offers than the starter?

Thought this was a joke but its not. Questions for those in the know, how does a backup get more scholarship offers than the starter?

Because there were saying that Sitkowski had the build and arm talent of Andrew Luck, He looked good in camps where most of these recruits get ranked. Then you look at his Junior year film where he had like 8tds and 12 ints, then his senior was supposed to be legit because he was at IMG and he bottomed out there as well.

Advertisement
Starting your freshman year in D1 when you weren't starting your senior year in HS. That doesn't say much for Rutgers QB depth.

Can't really hate on the kid though, he was told to kick rocks.

This is typical CIS reaction. They're coping with the fact he's already starting at a P5 school while the guy we replaced him is 4th string.. if he does good these same dudes will have pitchforks in hand for Richt jr. even though most wanted him dropped during the time of his recruitment.

Some will say he sucks which is could end up true but the QB position is so **** unpredictable. 5 Star QB turn into hot garbage 97% of the time so it not a given that Sitkowski will suck considering Mayfield was a walk-on and was a BEAST.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dalvin? Lettuce hope Blades does it also.
I think Dalvin and Yearby were different in that they both touched the ball and had multiple years of film. This case, he got benched so im assuming no sr year film (or limited) .

I can take a guess and say the hype from the camp circuit got him offers from coached who see themselves as QB gurus and the eventual starter wasnt good enough (?) to earn offers?

Dude looks the part but can't hit the broad side of a barn when the lights come on.

This is typical CIS reaction. They're coping with the fact he's already starting at a P5 before the guy we replaced him with.. if he does good these same dudes will have pitchforks in hand for Richt jr. even though most wanted him dropped during the time we were recruiting him.

Some with say he sucks which is could end up true but the QB position is so **** unpredictable. 5 Star QB turn into hot garbage 97% of the time
Actually dude, didn't hate him, no hate at all on this kid. I'm still happy how it worked out. I wish him well.

Advertisement
This is typical CIS reaction. They're coping with the fact he's already starting at a P5 school before while the guy we replaced him is 4th string.. if he does good these same dudes will have pitchforks in hand for Richt jr. even though most wanted him dropped during the time of his recruitment.

Some will say he sucks which is could end up true but the QB position is so **** unpredictable. 5 Star QB turn into hot garbage 97% of the time so it not a given that Sitkowski will suck considering Mayfield was a walk-on and was a BEAST.

Not really, some do bust but most turn out to be at least pretty good college quarterbacks.

5-star QBs over the last decade: Stars and busts dot the rankings

I think Dalvin and Yearby were different in that they both touched the ball and had multiple years of film. This case, he got benched so im assuming no sr year film (or limited) .

I can take a guess and say the hype from the camp circuit got him offers from coached who see themselves as QB gurus and the eventual starter wasnt good enough (?) to earn offers?
Agreed

Not wishing any ill will towards the kid, but I guarantee he won't make it through the entire game on 9/8. He will either get killed on the field or get benched midway through the 3rd quarter.

They Had to Go with Art.... No Choice really.

They kid he was battling was terrible but started over half the season last year. They know what he is. Bad

Its better to have at least somewhat experience coming off the bench that have a deer in headlights like Art.

As for Art coming here.... he wouldn't have fit in the locker room... (suspect attitude) maybe @brooklynee can verify. I just know through kids who were his teammates and coaches up here in Central Jersey along with being the sidelines for some of his games and watching his interactions.

He's better off at Rutgers but I fear for them that they now have a monster of arrogance that will be tough to control.

JC

Advertisement
Back