OT: Rutgers announces Sitkowski is starting QB

Not true.

Here's a closer representation of the truth.

The kid got recruited down from Jersey to run a high powered offense at IMG. He was 16 when they recruited him and barely 17 when he got to IMG. The kid had some culture shock and become very home sick. It affected his on-field performance. He wanted to be closer to home. He and UM parted ways in favor of him signing with his home market team, Rutgers.

The kid is still a very talented QB. Hearing that he is being announced as the game 1 starter as a true freshman is indicative of his talent level.

You are absolutely correct in your assessment that there is no reason to hate on the kid. He bit off more than he can chew as a 17 year old kid and is now settling into a more comfortable situation. Best of luck to him.
I guess, good to see Sf cane on here though.

Advertisement
Not true.

Here's a closer representation of the truth.

The kid got recruited down from Jersey to run a high powered offense at IMG. He was 16 when they recruited him and barely 17 when he got to IMG. The kid had some culture shock and become very home sick. It affected his on-field performance. He wanted to be closer to home. He and UM parted ways in favor of him signing with his home market team, Rutgers.

The kid is still a very talented QB. Hearing that he is being announced as the game 1 starter as a true freshman is indicative of his talent level.

You are absolutely correct in your assessment that there is no reason to hate on the kid. He bit off more than he can chew as a 17 year old kid and is now settling into a more comfortable situation. Best of luck to him.

Thanks for the real “scoop” and putting some perspective on his situation. Hadn’t previously read or otherwise heard about much of what you wrote above. 👍

Richt almost went full Golden

I saw what the kid could be but u cant teach accuracy and anticipation and he did not have that at all. Im still intrigued to see what he does there and how bad or good he will look.

I am likewise intrigued as to how he will do at Rutgers.
I do though disagree with you on the teaching accuracy and anticipation part. Teaching accuracy and anticipation are among 2 of the tasks undertaken by QB coaches / offensive coordinators at the high school, college, pro level, or in private sessions.
I’m hoping that our man Rosier has been taught to and will otherwise improve his accuracy and anticipation this year.

Advertisement
This kid is a stud till he gets hit.. Rutgers must have made this decision without letting him practice live

If what some insiders say is true that he tried to test the waters on if he could get some other recruits to bail with him earlier on when he was still the guy then I can certainly hate on him. Don't go to a Miami camp and say "hey, we should all decommit and go somewhere else together".

Hahaa that’s weird yet funny. He did that?

Should I feel proud that Jon and CMR identified Sitkowski early on, saw the raw talent?

Should I feel good that our coaches have a good eye for QBs.

Or should I be upset that they stopped recruiting him and let him walk mid-way thru his senior HS season because the talent wasn't translating to on-field performance at IMG?

Still like Williams a lot from what I saw in person at the Spring Game!!!

You should recognize that @The Franchise called this train wreck before anyone and be happy that Miami dodged a huge bullet. Williams >>>>>> Jersey pollock

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back