OT - Rocky Johnson, father of The Rock, dies

Advertisement
My condolences to his family and friends. Even though you know it will happen one day, you're never prepared.

Very sorry to read of his passing. For those of us who grew up in the 80's watching pro wrestling, we will always remember Rocky Johnson and his partner tony Atlas. They certainly made pro wrestling fun and entertaining, and they looked like they never stopped lifting weights for a day. 2 of my favorites along with the Road Warriors. As a kid who lifted weights I always preferred the wrestlers who lifted versus the fat guys; King King Bundy, Abdullah the Butcher. My one exception was the great Andre the Giant.

Advertisement
Very sorry to read of his passing. For those of us who grew up in the 80's watching pro wrestling, we will always remember Rocky Johnson and his partner tony Atlas. They certainly made pro wrestling fun and entertaining, and they looked like they never stopped lifting weights for a day. 2 of my favorites along with the Road Warriors. As a kid who lifted weights I always preferred the wrestlers who lifted versus the fat guys; King King Bundy, Abdullah the Butcher. My one exception was the great Andre the Giant.
Andre was so strong it's probably a good thing he didn't get buff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rocky & his partner Tony Atlas broke barriers as WWF's first African American tag team champs in an era where wrestlers didn't make too much money and dealt with incredible prejudice. Condolences to the family.

Advertisement
EOWxD4lWkAA18fU-616x400.jpg

Advertisement
Back