OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

I need to get back to London at some point, preferably to see the ****nal.

For anyone who needs a travel bug itched, Street Food Latin America is on Netflix today. The same people who do Chef's Table (which is also amazing if you have not watched), but they pick a different country in each episode and focus on the street food in different parts. The first season was Asia. Really incredible cinematography and shots. The countries this season are Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru. Asia was Thailand, India, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
Last summer- Took my kids on a street food and street art tour in Cartagena last summer along with a market tour with a chef and a cooking session in the Chef’s restaurant. Great stuff.

Advertisement
Last summer- Took my kids on a street food and street art tour in Cartagena last summer along with a market tour with a chef and a cooking session in the Chef’s restaurant. Great stuff.
Cartagena is on the to do list for sure. So easy to get to from the Southeast. The next big big trip will be a safari, but Colombia, St Lucia and Belize are high up for easier trips once this **** ends.

What foods did yall get to try?

Cartagena is on the to do list for sure. So easy to get to from the Southeast. The next big big trip will be a safari, but Colombia, St Lucia and Belize are high up for easier trips once this **** ends.

I’ve been to Cartagena twice. I Remember a variety of fried stuff and mango slices with vinegar.

The restaurant meal involved cooking fish and making ceviche plus we made a yucca cake thing with ice cream for dessert.

I’ve been to Cartagena twice. I Remember a variety of fried stuff and mango slices with vinegar.

The restaurant meal involved cooking fish and making ceviche plus we made a yucca cake thing with ice cream for dessert.
Sounds awesome. The street art there looks amazing too. We did a similar tour in Tel Aviv actually.

I was waiting for you to say bandeja paisa. I dated a Colombian girl years back. Tiny tiny thing but she could whack away an entire plate of bandeja paisa before I made it through a quarter of it.

Advertisement
I will be smoking a turkey this weekend. Leaning towards Cajun. Will update with pics Saturday.

OK, so my brother has been following the Franklin Barbecue recipe for turkey the last couple of times, it is amazing. A TON of butter is involved, but it is so good.

I would follow any Aaron Franklin recipe with no questions asked. We went to Franklin the day before the Miami-LSU game in Dallas, it was worth the wait, we were the second party in line (jumped in before 6 am).

Advertisement
Bird is brining tonight

Attachments

• 5178089B-0E48-476B-BA84-A60B3F081EB4.jpeg
    5178089B-0E48-476B-BA84-A60B3F081EB4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
OK, so my brother has been following the Franklin Barbecue recipe for turkey the last couple of times, it is amazing. A TON of butter is involved, but it is so good.

I would follow any Aaron Franklin recipe with no questions asked. We went to Franklin the day before the Miami-LSU game in Dallas, it was worth the wait, we were the second party in line (jumped in before 6 am).
Undoubtedly with a Syringe....I do ALL my Turkeys with a Syringe full of melted butter...but I brine the Turkey for 24hrs 1st...

There is (or was, not sure right now) a direct JB flight from FLL to CTG. From most places you need to connect through Bogata so that's a real win.

Advertisement
There is (or was, not sure right now) a direct JB flight from FLL to CTG. From most places you need to connect through Bogata so that's a real win.
Living in Atlanta, it is so hard to convince ourselves to book a trip somewhere that doesn’t have a direct flight on delta. We were looking at the Azores. Nixed it because of the necessary connection. Surprisingly, we also can’t fly direct into Portugal, which is a shame because I’d love to go there. Colombia would be super easy though.

Living in Atlanta, it is so hard to convince ourselves to book a trip somewhere that doesn’t have a direct flight on delta. We were looking at the Azores. Nixed it because of the necessary connection. Surprisingly, we also can’t fly direct into Portugal, which is a shame because I’d love to go there. Colombia would be super easy though.

**** is ATL airport like that for international trips?

I’m in DC. 3 airports and Can slide to NYC anytime for international flights.

I spent the month of November in Thailand. DC airports wanted $950 RT to Bangkok.

Saw the flight from NYC RT from $405 included taxes and two checked bags.

I sure did purchase the $7 bus ticket from DC to NYC and caught the train over to JFK.

There is no DAL to Lisbon? Don't let a connection stop you. Go through Madrid or wherever via codeshare.

I'm talking post-CV19 of course. I wouldn't fly commercial for recreational travel at all right now.

Advertisement
**** is ATL airport like that for international trips?

I’m in DC. 3 airports and Can slide to NYC anytime for international flights.

I spent the month of November in Thailand. DC airports wanted $950 RT to Bangkok.

Saw the flight from NYC RT from $405 included taxes and two checked bags.

I sure did purchase the $7 bus ticket from DC to NYC and caught the train over to JFK.
So Atl is weird. You have direct flights most everywhere because we are Delta’s headquarters and there are a LOT of flight times to choose from. However, because of that, it is really expensive to fly out of. They have an absolute stranglehold on ATL and there are no other airports in the area, so none of the other airlines are in the market to drive prices down.

Last year we flew nonstop to Tokyo but it was also $1500 a person. I think the last flight we took with a stop was to Kauai. We had to stop at LAX.

But Delta is expensive to begin with since they really target business travel and even when they have sales, its rarely out of here. I need my wife to go work for them so we can fly for free.

There is no DAL to Lisbon? Don't let a connection stop you. Go through Madrid or wherever via codeshare.

I'm talking post-CV19 of course. I wouldn't fly commercial for recreational travel at all right now.
We would either need to fly to NYC or Boston and fly from there or fly to Madrid/London/Paris and connect from there. Portugal looks incredible though, especially the Douro and areas just outside of Lisbon.

Advertisement
Back