OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

There is a restaurant in Los Angeles called Killer Shrimp that I went too in the 90's. At that time they severed Shrimp either steamed or with pasta. Sodas were served in a can and beer or wine in a bottle. They had simple desserts like Key Lime Pie. If you did not like shrimp you simply did not go there. The shrimp was served with a super sauce and with Bimini bread. The simplicity made it great and what a great way to utilize the KISS principle. I looked them up and now they have expanded the menu, on Mondays they have a special with the original menu for 10 bucks, if I ever get to LA again I will try it but cannot recommend it with the changes . Anyone in LA been there? recently? The original concept would work great in any tourist area due to the simplicity, if I opened a restaurant I'd follow their original plan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate Geno's and I hate Pat's. Most locals won't eat there. They are tourist traps. I xan name 5 places in Philly that I can guarantee that are better than both of em. No disrespect to the Oliveri family who owns Pat's (the creator of the Philly steak), they just aren't as good as Jim's on South Street, Gooie Louie's in South Philly, Dalessandro's in Roxbourgh/Germantown on Henry Avenue and Chubby's right across the street, and of course, Max's steaks on Germantown and Erie right in the hood. There are two more places I go to before Pat's and Geno's. One is a place I used to stop at in the suburbs when I used to mess with this one pretty *** girl in Sharon Hill.... called Leo's. Fire *** steaks.

@MainLineCane will tell you, hardly anyone in Philly goes to those tourist spots on 9th and Passyunk, we can take you to some delicious *** spots that are better, trust me. ****, I can make a better steak than them.

how about Abner’s???

Advertisement
EF43756E-5D60-4B59-8CCB-8E704BCA0CE2.jpeg

Advertisement
I hate Geno's and I hate Pat's. Most locals won't eat there. They are tourist traps. I xan name 5 places in Philly that I can guarantee that are better than both of em. No disrespect to the Oliveri family who owns Pat's (the creator of the Philly steak), they just aren't as good as Jim's on South Street, Gooie Louie's in South Philly, Dalessandro's in Roxbourgh/Germantown on Henry Avenue and Chubby's right across the street, and of course, Max's steaks on Germantown and Erie right in the hood. There are two more places I go to before Pat's and Geno's. One is a place I used to stop at in the suburbs when I used to mess with this one pretty *** girl in Sharon Hill.... called Leo's. Fire *** steaks.

@MainLineCane will tell you, hardly anyone in Philly goes to those tourist spots on 9th and Passyunk, we can take you to some delicious *** spots that are better, trust me. ****, I can make a better steak than them.

Lmao! Damnnnnnnn just put me on to the Philly cheesteak game.

I’m bumping this thread when I go to Jim’s with the photo.

Here I was thinking those were the good spots. Shiddd missing out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back