OT: Remember Back in The Day

There ARE plenty of thespians in NY. The famous 1950 Florida Senate race between George Smathers and Claude Pepper involved alleged smears by Smathers who supposedly claimed Claude Pepper's sister was a thespians in NYC. He also allegedly claimed that Pepper was known around Washington as a shameless extrovert and had been celibate before his marriage. All intended to reflect badly on Pepper and Florida's rural voters.

Snopes now says that the allegations of such slurs were false--Smathers never said them. If Snopes is right, these allegations were simply stories made up by bored journalists who did so to mock the supposedly low intellect of rural voters of Florida.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=101;t=000379;p=0

Advertisement
There ARE plenty of thespians in NY. The famous 1950 Florida Senate race between George Smathers and Claude Pepper involved alleged smears by Smathers who supposedly claimed Claude Pepper's sister was a thespians in NYC. He also allegedly claimed that Pepper was known around Washington as a shameless extrovert and had been celibate before his marriage. All intended to reflect badly on Pepper and Florida's rural voters.

Snopes now says that the allegations of such slurs were false--Smathers never said them. If Snopes is right, these allegations were simply stories made up by bored journalists who did so to mock the supposedly low intellect of rural voters of Florida.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=101;t=000379;p=0

“Claude have mercy.

Best believe I know those old reds. Sat at many of the finest tables in Glades City with them. Used to call Claude “habanero” because he was just as hot cumins out your *** as when you put him in your mouth!

still remember when Ol FDR himself came to town asking me to instruct him on the finer points of the wing T offense. I told ol boy in that chair you don’t look like a threat to keep it but you may be a **** of a roll out passer.”

- @caneinorlando

6C0C1218-D341-48CE-8CCA-F20997B64F4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be a thread about the CIS world before D$ kicked the WEZ out...

Advertisement
Advertisement
MU FUGGAS DONT KNOW THE STR8UP FU@KIN’ANIMALS THAT RAN THIS PROGRAM BACK IN THE DAY...AND IM NOT TALKIN’ COACHES/ADMIN...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back