NFL Redskins

Advertisement
Another couple options:

Red Tide or
Red Wings

In either case the mascot could be Aunt Flo from the Progressive commercials

Washington Red Wolves. By far, the local DMV choice

Really?
I have lived in area for almost 40 years and yet to see a wolf.
What a dumb idea.
May as well call the team snakeheads, rockfish or white tail deer which I have to avoid hitting every day.

Advertisement
Just drop the nickname idea and go the soccer route by calling it FC DC or Washington United....this country has become too pussified with estrogen to have decent nicknames for teams.

Really?
I have lived in area for almost 40 years and yet to see a wolf.
What a dumb idea.
May as well call the team snakeheads, rockfish or white tail deer which I have to avoid hitting every day.
I haven't seen one either but if you read local Twitter and print media here in the DMV, you'd know Red Wolves is indeed the "popular" choice. Whether Snyder will go that way, who knows? Then again, he may no longer be the team owner after the latest scandal.

I haven't seen one either but if you read local Twitter and print media here in the DMV, you'd know Red Wolves is indeed the "popular" choice. Whether Snyder will go that way, who knows? Then again, he may no longer be the team owner after the latest scandal.

Maybe I'm an old school coot, but to me if you're going to have a pro team, nickname should have connection to area it is representing...otherwise it is dumb, Utah Jazz dumb.

Advertisement
Maybe I'm an old school coot, but to me if you're going to have a pro team, nickname should have connection to area it is representing...otherwise it is dumb, Utah Jazz dumb.

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Salt Lake City, or Utah in general, but jazz is not the first thing I think of when I’ve been there. Like why didn’t they change the name when they came over from New Orleans. There’s 1 million different things they could’ve called it, from local animals, or something about the snow caps, or something having to do with skiing.

That was just really lazy. Like fūck it let’s just keep the jazz name even though it’s totally associated with New Orleans and has nothing to do with our entire state.

Advertisement
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t know if you’ve ever been to Salt Lake City, or Utah in general, but jazz is not the first thing I think of when I’ve been there. Like why didn’t they change the name when they came over from New Orleans. There’s 1 million different things they could’ve called it, from local animals, or something about the snow caps, or something having to do with skiing.

That was just really lazy. Like fūck it let’s just keep the jazz name even though it’s totally associated with New Orleans and has nothing to do with our entire state.

The Utah Snow Caps

Please don't smear the nickname of the 332 FG...They had multiple victories against Me 262 jets with their piston-engined P-51s...Washington's NFL team can't beat the NY Jets, got killed by them in 2017.

Washington Generals is much more apt...

Couldn't have been a weaker reveal for the buildup.
Yea it was still really bad, but the way members of the media teased the story led people to believe we were getting some Penn State-esque bombshell. Instead the details made it a run-of-the-mill sexual harassment story.

Advertisement
Please don't smear the nickname of the 332 FG...They had multiple victories against Me 262 jets with their piston-engined P-51s...Washington's NFL team can't beat the NY Jets, got killed by them in 2017.

Washington Generals is much more apt...

this is the best one I’ve seen on twitter so far.
88A4236D-AC58-4E9A-8FC4-425A6701C64C.jpeg

Advertisement
Back