OT - Ravens vs. Chiefs - AFC Championship

1. Right passed the 50 3rd n 9, chiefs send a zero blitz the rb completely whiff a block and lamar takes a sack. If they have a lil more time I think zay flowers is open deep for a td, if not obj is just coming open underneath. You cant whiff the block but lamar cant take a sack there, tucker is the goat kicker u probably get at least 3 with a throw away or quick dump off for a few yards

2. Big play to zay flowers wide open, he runs down to inside the 20, no idea why he cuts back but that has been a terrible habit all year but either way u inside the 20 then he gets a taunting penalty taking u 10 or 15 yards back. Then he gets another wide open catch on a crosser, again instead of continuing to just run forward he trys to dive from the 4 or maybe 5 yard line and sneed forces a fumble so now u wipe 7 off the board.

3. The very next drive starts at the 1 yard line, they drive all the way to I think the chiefs 30 and lamar throws a terrible pick into triple coverage. Was it a PI ball? Probably yes but its terribly placed, he had running lanes open like he did all game but he made a terrible decision. So that takes off at minimum 3 points

4. They drive again finally get points but its only 3 and too late

Thats 4 drives where they moved the ball well in the 2nd half but only got 3 points. Playoff football is about limiting mistakes and capitalizing, chiefs scored ZERO in the 2nd half and if im not mistaken they didn’t even pass the 50 until the play to mvs to ice the game

Who knows why they decided to drop back 82% of the snaps when the Chiefs strength is their pass defense and the ravens are the #1 rushing team lmao. If they be more conservative and get points on those drives its a totally different game. I think they will still be contenders but this year felt like as good as an opportunity you will ever get

Last edited:
Advertisement
@LoungeLord , my wife/FIL are still Chiefs fans and work still sucks today unfortunately. I am at least, however, no longer hungover....so I've got that going for me. Will update if any major changes occur in the coming days, thanks.
It’s been logged in the books. History is written.

1. Right passed the 50 3rd n 9, chiefs send a zero blitz the rb completely whiff a block and lamar takes a sack. If they have a lil more time I think zay flowers is open deep for a td, if not obj is just coming open underneath. You cant whiff the block but lamar cant take a sack there, tucker is the goat kicker u probably get at least 3 with a throw away or quick dump off for a few yards

2. Big play to zay flowers wide open, he runs down to inside the 20, no idea why he cuts back but that has been a terrible habit all year but either way u inside the 20 then he gets a taunting penalty taking u 10 or 15 yards back. Then he gets another wide open catch on a crosser, again instead of continuing to just run forward he trys to dive from the 4 or maybe 5 yard line and sneed forces a fumble so now u wipe 7 off the board.

3. The very next drive starts at the 1 yard line, they drive all the way to I think the chiefs 30 and lamar throws a terrible pick into triple coverage. Was it a PI ball? Probably yes but its terribly placed, he had running lanes open like he did all game but he made a terrible decision. So that takes off at minimum 3 points

4. They drive again finally get points but its only 3 and too late

Thats 4 drives where they moved the ball well in the 2nd half but only got 3 points. Playoff football is about limiting mistakes and capitalizing, chiefs scored ZERO in the 2nd half and if im not mistaken they didn’t even pass the 50 until the play to mvs to ice the game

Who knows why they decided to drop back 82% of the snaps when the Chiefs strength is their pass defense and the ravens are the #1 rushing team lmao. If they be more conservative and get points on those drives its a totally different game. I think they will still be contenders but this year felt like as good as an opportunity you will ever get
All this, im still mad. Would've been easier of they just got blown out. OC called a bad game, completely changed what worked all year.

He's not cooked but he's entering the 7th year of his career and his athletic ability will start to gradually diminish soon enough (injuries will take their toll, etc). He had a real nice passing year but his deficiencies in the passing game will ALWAYS rear their ugly head in the playoffs
Ive been telling my brother, who is a big Ravens fan, all season that I think Lamar has lost a step.

Advertisement
I live in dwntn B-More so I watch the Ravens every week. Lamar hasn't shown the fight that guys like Mahomes and Allen have. Those guys look panicked and even desperate to win sometimes. I think that would make Lamar a champion. He has everything else.
On scrambles at various times, he left first downs and extra yardage out there with what looked like 'early season' slides. But that could be argued, I guess. But late in the game, on a 3rd and 1, Lamar spent about 5 seconds bouncing straight up and down, looking for open guys while a running lane opened and closed right in front of him. I mean, the first down was a given. The question was whether it would be a run for 10 or 20 yards. They converted on the next play, but it struck me as a surprise at the time. Can only speculate as to why, but Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes end up sideways and airborne (and yeah injured) on plays like that.
Why include Josh Allen?

How many AFC championship games or Superbowls has he won?

Why include Josh Allen?

How many AFC championship games or Superbowls has he won?
I know right. QB's have to win. Bottom line, Mahomes is that dude - 6 straight AFC championships, 2 super bowls, 3 super bowl appearances. Josh and Lamar haven't won against Pat when it matters most.....playoffs. For some reason Josh gets a pass in failure when comparing both he and Lamar.....why?

That's certainly a valid point. But for me, the difference between Allen and Jackson is that when Allen fails (and fail spectacularly he has) he leaves everything out there. The frustrating thing about that AFC title game was that Jackson could've gashed KC so many times, but chose to wait in the pocket forever. I also reject the argument ppl make that goes like, "When Lamar runs so much, everyone criticizes him for not being a pocket passer. And when he stays in the pocket, ppl criticize him for not using his legs." It's not one at the exclusion of the other, which is what that Baltimore offense looked like. You can prioritize being a passer, but maintain the discretion to tuck it and go whenever you see the opportunity. Those opportunities came and went during the AFC title game.

Michael Irvin made a similar point about that game. Dude could've had 150 yards rushing but chose to wait in the pocket forever like he was Drew Bledsoe. That 3rd and 1 with 9:40 to go sums it all up. KC rushes four guys and it takes 5 seconds and the pocket breaking down for Lamar to even move and ultimately gets sacked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back