OT: Ravens Bills

Lamar needs to take that next step as a passer and he needs better options if Baltimore wants to be a true contender
They've catered the offense to Lamar's strengths. Even their backup QBs are similar in the fact that they are dual threats. Doesn't matter who he's throwing to with his lack of accuracy. He really needs to work on that area of his game.

Advertisement
They've catered the offense to Lamar's strengths. Even their backup QBs are similar in the fact that they are dual threats. Doesn't matter who he's throwing to with his lack of accuracy. He really needs to work on that area of his game.
That offense every time i watch it ...looks rag tag.

The same it did with Kapernick.

They need weapons...they really have no wrs that can seperate save for 170pd Hollywood Brown. Can anyone name 2 ravens wrs?. TE's dont even have YAC ability either...Andrews is a big target but he doesnt put fear into anyone like that.

Sh*t Dez Bryant was able to get off of a couch an make the team

What do you think of Roman?
His pass game is antiquated and doesn't fuse well into the run game. Pass concepts lack design and they feature Hollywood way too heavily when dude is unreliable in every way. Watch Duvernay tape from Texas (106 catches as a Sr), watch him return kicks and then consider he had 19 catches this year. That's coaching malpractice. He should have more than 19 catches on those jet motion Tyreek Hill pop passes alone.

@gogeta4 watch Duvernay Texas film dude was automatic separating underneath and consistently won on slot wheels + verticals. For an offense built on speed they sure love to trot out dadrunners like Snead, Boykin and Dez.

Advertisement
Lol crazy right? Hoping the Phins can make that turnaround next season. It doesn't seem like we're too far off.
I don't think Tua is the answer, but maybe when paired with Devonta Smith, he will look more like the Tua at Alabama.

I think Buffalo puts up a good fight next weekend. KC is still KC but they'll be playing with 3 weeks between games, could be a little rusty out the gate.
Lol crazy right? Hoping the Phins can make that turnaround next season. It doesn't seem like we're too far off.
Regardless of whether it's Tua or someone else, Phins need a stupid influx of talent at the skill positions. It's no coincidence that Josh Allen's development takes a huge leap forward the same year they pick up Stephon Diggs.

I don't know how you don't take Penei Sewell if he's sitting there at #3 though, especially with picks at #18 and #35.

His pass game is antiquated and doesn't fuse well into the run game. Pass concepts lack design and they feature Hollywood way too heavily when dude is unreliable in every way. Watch Duvernay tape from Texas (106 catches as a Sr), watch him return kicks and then consider he had 19 catches this year. That's coaching malpractice. He should have more than 19 catches on those jet motion Tyreek Hill pop passes alone.

@gogeta4 watch Duvernay Texas film dude was automatic separating underneath and consistently won on slot wheels + verticals. For an offense built on speed they sure love to trot out dadrunners like Snead, Boykin and Dez.
Yeah it feels like there aren't many easy throws for Lamar. The passing plays seem to be way too slow developing, it doesn't work against good defenses.

I think they need a true #1 receiver too. It's just frustrating because they're a really good team that's so close. It feels like the team before they got Flacco and were stacked overall but just missing one piece. I always thought they should have won at least another super bowl during that time. This team feels like it should go further as well. The defense played lights out yesterday but the offense just sucked ***.

Advertisement
Yeah it feels like there aren't many easy throws for Lamar. The passing plays seem to be way too slow developing, it doesn't work against good defenses.

I think they need a true #1 receiver too. It's just frustrating because they're a really good team that's so close. It feels like the team before they got Flacco and were stacked overall but just missing one piece. I always thought they should have won at least another super bowl during that time. This team feels like it should go further as well. The defense played lights out yesterday but the offense just sucked ***.
Was it the year before y'all won it all where you lost the AFC CG in Foxboro because someone dropped a TD from Flacco and then Hauska missed a FG to tie it, or something like that? Had a really good run towards the end of Ray and Ed's tenures. That was back when the "Is Flacco elite?" conversation was a thing in Baltimore. Had Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones and Joe was slinging it.

I think Buffalo puts up a good fight next weekend. KC is still KC but they'll be playing with 3 weeks between games, could be a little rusty out the gate.

Regardless of whether it's Tua or someone else, Phins need a stupid influx of talent at the skill positions. It's no coincidence that Josh Allen's development takes a huge leap forward the same year they pick up Stephon Diggs.

I don't know how you don't take Penei Sewell if he's sitting there at #3 though, especially with picks at #18 and #35.

No WR of Smith's caliber will be there at those picks. And while Sewell is good, OTs don't score TDs!!!

Advertisement

I don't know what a true #1 receiver would look like in that scheme but an X WR who can win on in-breakers would be nice. Like a Dez type who isn't old and washed. Maybe Terrace Marshall can be that guy or Seth Williams if he gets his head on straight. I also like Damonte Coxie as a sleeper with upside if he can improve his ball skills.

The problem is Lamar doesn't throw well outside the hashes which limits your route and receiver options. But that doesn't excuse some of the conceptual spacing issues in their pass game.

No WR of Smith's caliber will be there at those picks. And while Sewell is good, OTs don't score TDs!!!
Rashod Bateman was better than Smith in 2019. He's not as versatile as Smith but he reminds me of Keenan Allen with his agility, ball skills and route running.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back