OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
Money man do be going crazy, didn’t even know he dropped anything this year. Last album II’ve heard of his was with peewee longway. About to listen to this album now.

edit:, just listened to it, bunch of throwaway songs for moneyman on this one. Only liked
These 3
View attachment 113126

U might want to go back and listen to it a 2nd time bc u trippin. The entire album hard and Another Lifetime is the best one on there to me.

Young Nudy also got one of the hardest albums out right now, if you never heard his music before you behind.

13706A21-E803-4373-84A6-DF010C54A555.jpeg

Advertisement
Young boy new album was ***, complete ***. It wasn’t nothing like when he released songs like nobody hold me or the 38 baby mixtape.
Yea yea, I heard that’s the go-to take for the novice, closet, or hesitant YB fans 😂. I admit it’s his weakest work, he simply chose the wrong songs for the album because if you follow his lives in the car or studio leading up to the album dropping, his snippets of songs are waaaaaay better than what he chose to release. That album could’ve been 🔥 with throw aways. His discography in totality and just his snippet content alone is better than any young dude that’s been named by far.

Not saying you, but people looking for any sign of a ***** in YB’s armor are celebrating this new album. I get it, he has been so hot that people needed proof that he was human.

No way an album could be “complete ***” —meaning zero good songs with these on it:

Yea yea, I heard that’s the go-to take for the novice, closet, or hesitant YB fans 😂. I admit it’s his weakest work, he simply chose the wrong songs for the album because if you follow his lives in the car or studio leading up to the album dropping, his snippets of songs are waaaaaay better than what he chose to release. That album could’ve been 🔥 with throw aways. His discography in totality and just his snippet content alone is better than any young dude that’s been named by far.

Not saying you, but people looking for any sign of a ***** in YB’s armor are celebrating this new album. I get it, he has been so hot that people needed proof that he was human.

No way an album could be “complete ***” —meaning zero good songs with these on it:

He could have kept that album bruh , I was Disappointed to say the least. He needs better production on his songs too

Advertisement
These two were my morning music and what I was known for in 10th/11th grade. When I removed my headphones in first period the whole class would sing the rest of the verse. By the end of the year everyone knew both songs, that’s how loud my Walkman was 😂

Chubb Rock’s verse gives me the chills and Jeru’s is one of the best in hip-hop history.

Literally two of my favorite songs. I can listen to everyday struggle on repeat all day long. I'm 36. Its hard for me to get into the new stuff. KDot, J.Cole, Big Krit, and little brother are must listens for me whenever they **** drops

I used to take the Greyhound to NYC once a month for about 2 years during the late 90’s because my older cousin used to model for The Source, Vibe, and Upscale magazine, they’d send him two tickets and we’d roll. This was when model agencies were signing anyone who looked like Tyson Beckford and he did, same face/physique, just darker complexion. During the shoots I’d cop Avirex bombers from the ****pit in SoHo, leathers from Delancey Street (my favorite street ever) and buy fake Tag Heuers, designer purses, cheese/construction Timbs, and Uptowns (Air force 1’s from Canal Street to take back to Cleveland and make a smooth killing! I’d also bring back S&S, Ron G, and Dj Clue mixtapes to sell.

One time (mid-90’s), I went to Brooklyn with my oldest brother to visit his in-laws from East New York and from Norstrand, Fulton, Atlantic Ave all the way to Flatbush and East New York) LITERALLY ALL I HEARD were these two songs! They had the streets on 🔥 every car, every shop, every stoop, every bodega was blasting either of these two songs:

That is dope as **** bro. I remember that exact time when every guy in those magazines look like Tyson. I bet I saw your cousin in that because I used to always go and read them in the bodegas, before they tried to kick us kids out lol. I used to hit all those spots, but wasn't able to cop an avirex as a kid( I did eventually get to cop some Pelle Pelle when I was a little older making some money). I usually stayed up town for shopping, Harlem and Washington heights, but when I got a bit older me and my boys would roll through Delancey when we had a bit of paper to spend.

Canal street though was my spot as a kid, fake everything thinking I was looking fly as **** plus we would get the bootleg DVDs and video games.

I used to listen to all those tapes from my barbershop. Clue had the NYC rap on lockdown in those days. A little later Green Lanter and Whoo kid were also in the game. Ron G I remember as a kid and S&S later stayed in the game for a while, I remember they used to have some dope D-Block exclusives on that tape.

I'm happy as **** you posted that song, because I haven't heard Mad Lion since I was a kid. I think he was part of BDP if not he was mad cool with all them, but I forgot all about him, I just threw on his youtube schit on my phone right now.

I feel the same , bro. Another example for what you're talking about that I've argued for years is M.O.P. They had some profoubd and even political, easily as deep and lyrical as anything youd hear from whomever is considered a lyricist these days.

Their cut "Wolves" from the Training Day soundtrack popped on my shuffle this morning. I was like got ****, Billy was spitting some real ****.

**** ya. People seem to think just because something is hard or G that its not lyrical. Then they will say some soft *** rapper is lyrical, just because its soft.

Advertisement
lil uzi vert is the most versatile rap artist in this generation out right now. Very Talented. He had some straight 🔥 on this album and he’s about to drop the deluxe version this week with even more songs that’s going to be straight Heat. I cant Wait to he drop Kobe rollie(jellybean) and hopefully thot back which was produced by Pi’erre Bourne
TALK THAT SHĮT BROCK LET EM KNOW WASSUP LMAO

Advertisement
I ain’t Going to lie, da baby can rap for sure and got some of the best bars out right now but I expected More on his latest album tbh. Same with lil baby, I was Disappointed in what he recently released outside a few songs
Fair, personally I liked a majority of Lil Baby’s new album thought it went hard imo. I kinda agree with u on DaBaby’s last release, thought it was decent but kinda walked away feeling pretty meh about it.

Uzi’s new shît is from another planet tho, lived up to the hype and more I feel.

Advertisement
Back