OT: Rap Fans

Advertisement
I liked G Herbo and Lil Baby’s albums better.
Fair. Few good songs from PTSD but I don’t really fvck with Herbo too much. I know people hate on Lil Baby for being a Young Thug clone and how repetitive he is, but My Turn was a fantastic start to 2020 as far as rap albums go imo. Looking forward to 21’s new project and potentially Ski Mask’s and (hopefully) Kendrick’s.

Fair. Few good songs from PTSD but I don’t really fvck with Herbo too much. I know people hate on Lil Baby for being a Young Thug clone and how repetitive he is, but My Turn was a fantastic start to 2020 as far as rap albums go imo. Looking forward to 21’s new project and potentially Ski Mask’s and (hopefully) Kendrick’s.
What did you think of Curry’s new album?

Advertisement
What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
View attachment 113111
Fold the country. Btw, can someone say release instead of drop?

Thought it was trash and this is coming from someone that listens to a ton of current rap(tee grizzley, da baby, fivio foreign, lil reese, etc). I never liked Uzi though.

Advertisement
What did you think of Curry’s new album?
UNLOCKED was definitely a more experimental vibe with all the old-timey samples but I liked the sound a lot, just a short project. His lyricism shouldn’t be slept on at all also.

I’m biased cause I’m a huge fan, but I really loved his last 3 albums, especially TA13OO and Zuu (captured that Miami sound perfectly imo). Actually saw him perform with JID last weekend in Little Haiti, he’s a showman for sure.

Advertisement
What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
View attachment 113111

He must be a slow midget.

Hard pass.

View attachment 113111

Don't make Eminem start posting on CIS.

Advertisement
>Rap
>2010-present

Does not compute. Rap died for me in the late 2000s. If kids like incoherent mumbling and dissonant production (or rappers that parody said qualities) that's their prerogative I suppose.

No mention of NBA Youngboy renders this thread void of any credibility.

And no he does not mumble at all, you can hear every lyric loud and clear.

Herbo is nice too.
I’m a Nipsey, Dark Lo, Lik Moss, Shoota93 type of guy mostly as far as new stuff that correlates well with my era of hip-hop.

>Rap
>2010-present

Does not compute. Rap died for me in the late 2000s. If kids like incoherent mumbling and dissonant production (or rappers that parody said qualities) that's their prerogative I suppose.

It appears Rap genre is in same phase as Hair Metal in late 80s. What will be Rap's grunge movement? Flannel is very warm to wear in the summertime.

Advertisement
Back