OT: Rap Fans

Yeah cause ya boy got the Herp lmaoo

Nah but aside from people clowning him for having fans that are working towards their GED, he has some solid songs. Still gotta give his latest album a listen.
What modern day rapper’s fans aren’t working towards their GEDs? 🤷🏾‍♂️. What modern day rapper doesn’t have herpes 😂? The difference is YB will say it and put his entire life in the music (and don’t care), they clowning him for what makes him great. He is every rappers favorite rapper right now. They all want to work with him. His energy and song making ability are on another level.

U can hear the difference and I’m 41 years old.

Advertisement
Rod Wave, Roddy Rich, nba youngboy, both Of the babies, Kodak, and Koly p are the only new age rappers I can constantly vibe to. The rest will have a song here and there that I’ll randomly here and it will catch my attention. I still mostly listen to Ross, Jeezy, Gotti, and boosie.
Kodak is the shît, just wish he could get out of his own way with all the legal stuff - regardless of whether he did them or not.

Roddy Ricch’s last album was fire as well, solidified his place in the game with that one. Rod Wave got some real solid songs too I like him.

Advertisement
Yep. I will go to the grave arguing that ODB put out two of the most solid hip hop albums of all time and ain't nobody mistaking him for a lyricist. It's all about execution.

Gotta disagree on part of this. People seem to think the only lyricists are people that try to get into deep meanings or something like that. People constantly bring up J cole and guys like him as "lyricists".

ODB has plenty of dope *** lines. Lots of great lyrics in his song. Some of the best lyricists of all time weren't these soft *** "deep" rappers like Cole. Pun, L, Jada, Fab, Cassidy, most of the Wu, etc. are some of the GOATs and none of them were "deep" or "woke" rappers.

Even now Gucci Mane, Boosie, Tee Grizzley, 21 savage all have just as good if not better lyrics than guys like Cole, but they aren't considered "lyricists" because your average rap fan now can't associate with what they are speaking on.

Advertisement
No mention of NBA Youngboy renders this thread void of any credibility.

And no he does not mumble at all, you can hear every lyric loud and clear.

Herbo is nice too.
I’m a Nipsey, Dark Lo, Lik Moss, Shoota93 type of guy mostly as far as new stuff that correlates well with my era of hip-hop.

Finally something we can agree on. These are some of my favorites too. Hopefully Dark Lo beats the case and Ar-AB comes home real soon too.

Yeah cause ya boy got the Herp lmaoo

Nah but aside from people clowning him for having fans that are working towards their GED, he has some solid songs. Still gotta give his latest album a listen.

Are you kidding with this? People clowning NBA because his fans are working on their GED? Lil Uzis fans are mainly 15 year old suburban kids.

Finally something we can agree on. These are some of my favorites too. Hopefully Dark Lo beats the case and Ar-AB comes home real soon too.
Yup agreed. AR-AB was literally gettting better and better by the track. He and Dark Lo have classic music. Their cases are ridiculous. I thought your like was due to Shoota considering the 💉 affiliation. Shoota is one of the nicest there is period.

Lik Moss and Shoota would be a super group.

Rod Wave, Roddy Rich, nba youngboy, both Of the babies, Kodak, and Koly p are the only new age rappers I can constantly vibe to. The rest will have a song here and there that I’ll randomly here and it will catch my attention. I still mostly listen to Ross, Jeezy, Gotti, iceberg and boosie.

I fvck with all of them except ross and Rod Wave, except I like that son wit Durk. Boosie is my number 1 from that list, but hes still putting out new schit and at least up here in NY he is getting just as much spins as the new guys.

Advertisement
This is a much better album....

8A2E29A6-8F86-4B42-BE73-FFD5E553127D.jpeg

Yup agreed. AR-AB was literally gettting better and better by the track. He and Dark Lo have classic music. Their cases are ridiculous. I thought your like was due to Shoota considering the 💉 affiliation. Shoota is one of the nicest there is period.

Lik Moss and Shoota would be a super group.

I fvck with every single one of the dudes you posted. Shoota is 100 one of the best period. His schit is in constant rotation on my phone. So the like was for all of them lol. Facts about them being a supergroup. and **** ya, they are getting fvcked right now I think they were just looking for anything to take OBH down before they became big. This happens everytime, just like what happened with Bobby Shmurda.

Kodak is the shît, just wish he could get out of his own way with all the legal stuff - regardless of whether he did them or not.

Roddy Ricch’s last album was fire as well, solidified his place in the game with that one. Rod Wave got some real solid songs too I like him.
I fvck with all of them except ross and Rod Wave, except I like that son wit Durk. Boosie is my number 1 from that list, but hes still putting out new schit and at least up here in NY he is getting just as much spins as the new guys.
Rod Wave has the Rich Homie Quan vibe to me. I was just telling my ppls the other day Rod Wave might have a short lifespan like RHQ if he can’t switch his flow.

My homeboy recently put me on 21. I been on Ross since Port of Miami. Listened to him so much ppl called me Ross in hs cause I was always pulling up blasting him in the student lot. I had all the triple c mixtapes. Me and my boy use to have arguments on who was better out of triple c and dipset lol.

Advertisement

This came out a couple days ago, pretty cool series. This was a very good song off My Turn, it’s tracks like these and Freestyle, Dreams 2 Reality, Sum 2 Prove, etc. that disprove this idea that Lil Baby can’t provide substance lyrically.

Rod Wave has the Rich Homie Quan vibe to me. I was just telling my ppls the other day Rod Wave might have a short lifespan like RHQ if he can’t switch his flow.

My homeboy recently put me on 21. I been on Ross since Port of Miami. Listened to him so much ppl called me Ross in hs cause I was always pulling up blasting him in the student lot. I had all the triple c mixtapes. Me and my boy use to have arguments on who was better out of triple c and dipset lol.
Agreed, I like Rod but he’s gotta branch out and prove he’s more versatile to survive in the market.

I gotta check out Rod Wave. I really didn't know about him. He was the only one on your list I never heard of, so I googled him and said "oh word that was the dude from that Durk song". So I'm going to check out some of his other schit now.

Oh ****, if you were listening to them when dipset was big, you were on Ross early. I never heard of him, until he dropped that Hustlin song. Obviously as a Harlem dude Dipset was getting played 247 out here in the mid 00s.

21 is dope though. I know a lot of people stopped ******* with him because of that british schit, but I have some cousins down in Atl that told me everyone down there said 21 is official.

I gotta check out Rod Wave. I really didn't know about him. He was the only one on your list I never heard of, so I googled him and said "oh word that was the dude from that Durk song". So I'm going to check out some of his other schit now.

Oh ****, if you were listening to them when dipset was big, you were on Ross early. I never heard of him, until he dropped that Hustlin song. Obviously as a Harlem dude Dipset was getting played 247 out here in the mid 00s.

21 is dope though. I know a lot of people stopped ******* with him because of that british schit, but I have some cousins down in Atl that told me everyone down there said 21 is official.
21’s last album was straight flames, surprised me with how he progressed lyrically. And yeah you can hear it when he speaks, ATLien for sure lol. Looking forward to his next project, supposedly dropping soon.

Advertisement
Back