OT: Rap Fans

clarkyboy_21

#patriayvida
What y’all think of the new Lil Uzi album? Listened to that shît 4 times since it dropped yesterday lol. Have a feeling I know what the older gen of rap fans think about it, but curious to find out people’s opinions - AOTY material? Unless KDOT or Drake drop something insane, I think yes. This year could be another 2015 or 2017 when it comes to the volume of quality rap albums...
1583605073014.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a big Uzi guy but the album isn't terrible. I'm more of a Kendrick, J Cole, Curren$y kind of guy for the newer type dudes but as far as newer stuff it definitely aint bad.
KDOT, Cole, and Joey Bada$$ are at the top for me in terms of guys with quality lyricism who also put out quality music. Can’t sleep on Travis or Drake either imo.

Artists like JID, Denzel Curry (my avatar), YBN Cordae, Ski Mask (definitely forgetting people) are just some of the newer names who are putting out quality shît

KDOT, Cole, and Joey Bada$$ are at the top for me in terms of guys with quality lyricism who also put out quality music. Can’t sleep on Travis or Drake either imo.

Artists like JID, Denzel Curry (my avatar), YBN Cordae, Ski Mask (definitely forgetting people) are just some of the newer names who are putting out quality shît
I'll have to check some of those dudes out. I listen to a lot of house music now. Was super into hip hop and old school rap in high school and early college (like 2011-2014) but didn't really love a lot of the mumble rap stuff that was coming out.

Grew up on Big L, Big Pun, Tribe Called Quest, Buju Banton, Slum Village etc... so this newer stuff was cool when I was going out and partying, but when I'm chillen and tryna smoke, I wasn't digging the mumble stuff.

After seeing the OP, out of plain curiosity, I listened to the first :45 of just about every song.

I seriously have no idea how anyone could subject themselves to this ****. Modern hip-hop is undoubtedly the ******* worst thing ever. If that’s the AOTY, that’s more depressing than 4th & 17 vs UNC.

These so called “artists” have as much talent a a ****-stained underwear.

How did this genre fall of such a cliff since the 90s?

Advertisement
After seeing the OP, out of plain curiosity, I listened to the first :45 of just about every song.

I seriously have no idea how anyone could subject themselves to this ****. Modern hip-hop is undoubtedly the ******* worst thing ever. If that’s the AOTY, that’s more depressing than 4th & 17 vs UNC.

This is exactly the response I was expecting from “old heads.” Figured the generational gap wouldn’t be in my favor lol

Opinion respected tho

Advertisement
RIP POP SMOKE. Was next up. Sad ****.
I was in a white af strip club yesterday. You know the kind, straight EDM, fist pumping, house music, 2 for 1 dances top of every hour after all the girls come out and walk around on stage.

Anyway, the DJ seamlessly dropped a Pop Smoke joint out of nowhere. I was like "wtf", then I almost tipped him.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Check out the GAME and Raekwon's last works...They were up to snuff IMO

Advertisement
Back