OT-Question about Ft. Lauderdale area

CrooKs

Head Shakin
My wife and a co-worker are going to be coming down to Ft. Lauderdale in March for work and we be in the area for about 8 weeks. They are looking at Air Bnb's and short term apartments for their stay. Any area's they should avoid staying at or recommendations. Thanks fellas!

Advertisement
My wife and a co-worker are going to be coming down to Ft. Lauderdale in March for work and we be in the area for about 8 weeks. They are looking at Air Bnb's and short term apartments for their stay. Any area's they should avoid staying at or recommendations. Thanks fellas!

It would be better if you said where you work was, and if you need to be close to it, then people can give you a general idea of where to stay in that specific area.

Unless you can stay anywhere in Broward County, which is pretty big and pretty diverse in terms of the different types of neighborhoods and their affordability.

Also helps if you mention what your monthly budget is.

It would be better if you said where you work was, and if you need to be close to it, then people can give you a general idea of where to stay in that specific area.

Unless you can stay anywhere in Broward County, which is pretty big and pretty diverse in terms of the different types of neighborhoods and their affordability.

Also helps if you mention what your monthly budget is.
They will be working mostly around the Broward Medical Center so I am sure they want to stay pretty close. As far as the budget goes, I think they were trying to stay around 3500/mo range.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Hey man...good for you. Time to get yourself a side honey to keep you company while she's in Ft. Laugh having fun.

They will be working mostly around the Broward Medical Center so I am sure they want to stay pretty close. As far as the budget goes, I think they were trying to stay around 3500/mo range.

3500/mo will get you just about anywhere you want, and if they’re working at Broward medical center you could even stay beachfront.

EE8112C3-E4AB-4713-8FDB-B0BF53ED9F8C.jpeg

Advertisement
I’d stay in boca and drive the fifteen minutes on 95. It’s safe, clean, good food and probably the nicest area outside of Miami. My2 I would consider East ft lauderdale, but it goes from good to bad quickly for an out of towner. East Boca is easy.

17th street has several options...

probably something off Las Olas too...

Several great options in Wilton Manors...

😁

Last edited:
I’d stay in boca and drive the fifteen minutes on 95. It’s safe, clean, good food and probably the nicest area outside of Miami. My2 I would consider East ft lauderdale, but it goes from good to bad quickly for an out of towner. East Boca is easy.

No chance that Boca to Broward medical center is 15 minutes. If it’s in the morning, around rush-hour time, it could be 45 minutes down 95. With no traffic it’s at least 25 minutes probably more

Advertisement
There is no bad parts in that area near the broward health center
Disagree here. I work in the same area and the homeless population is growing along with a few halfway houses in the area. It’s the walking dead out there lol. You won’t get mugged but there are better areas. Anything down 17th is fine.

Yoo if your wife is single tell her to hmu! Jk...

Victoria Park is a solid choice. In the middle of everything, high level of Air BnB’s, close to all the restaurants on Las Olas, just a mile west of the beach, prolly 5-10 min drive from Broward Medical

Disagree here. I work in the same area and the homeless population is growing along with a few halfway houses in the area. It’s the walking dead out there lol. You won’t get mugged but there are better areas. Anything down 17th is fine.
This dude's telling the truth. East Fort Lauderdale is teeming with bums and dope zombies walking the streets.

Advertisement
Wouldn't you say that is almost everywhere now in SoFL?

Not LA-level crisis yet, but goodness is it tragically growing.

Was at Jackson Memorial not too far back and I've been on rough 3rd world streets with less displaced persons than what was in main plaza.

Wouldn't you say that is almost everywhere now in SoFL?

Not LA-level crisis yet, but goodness is it tragically growing.

Was at Jackson Memorial not too far back and I've been on rough 3rd world streets with less displaced persons than what was in main plaza.

JMH/the complex has always been like that. There’s just certain areas were the homeless congregate, but to say that is everywhere in South Florida, you must not be going around much, because I can tell you it’s not

JMH/the complex has always been like that. There’s just certain areas were the homeless congregate, but to say that is everywhere in South Florida, you must not be going around much, because I can tell you it’s not
My whole life its been like that in that area. JMH

But in Broward County the " homelesss" like these say I doubt its close to even small city levels elsewhere.

Yall saying Zombie city ...are talking what numbers when ever im downtown court house area i'd be lucky to see more than 10 of those types if that.

My whole life its been like that in that area. JMH

But in Broward County the " homelesss" like these say I doubt its close to even small city levels elsewhere.

Yall saying Zombie city ...are talking what numbers when ever im downtown court house area i'd be lucky to see more than 10 of those types if that.

I thought you stayed in Broward.

Advertisement
Back