OT: Providence RI

Got an offer from Bryant University just outside of Providence and visited over the weekend. Trying to decide between there and Drake in the next few days and wondered if anyone here was familiar with the school or the Providence area.

My cousin played football for Drake in the 90s. He hasn't left Iowa since. Don't get stuck in Iowa.

Advertisement
Son, it appears to me you've got two options on the football track: 1. bad options and 2. even worse options.

Drake is in Iowa, and it's terrible there, and Bryant is boring as ****--it's basically one building. Also, GTFOH to everyone that is saying Providence has some kind of great nightlife. The women in R.I. are "unskilled labor" ----there is no talent there at all.

Going from Miami to either of those places, will be like going to Siberia. Good luck with that!

If I were you, I'd consider a third and much better option: drop football and go to a much better, top tier graduate school, in a better city/location. Think about the big picture.

Last edited:
Son, it appears to me you've got two options on the football track: 1. bad options and 2. even worse options.

Drake is in Iowa, and it's terrible there, and Bryant is boring as ****--it's basically one building. Also, GTFOH to everyone that is saying Providence has some kind of great nightlife. The women in R.I. are "unskilled labor" ----there is no talent there at all.

Going from Miami to either of those places, will be like going to Siberia. Good luck with that!

If I were you, I'd consider a third and much better option: drop football and go to a much better, top tier graduate school, in a better city/location. Think about the big picture.

That last part makes a pretty big assumption w/r/t financial aid + scholarships.

OP obviously wants to pursue football and has 2 choices. I don't see any point in you shtting on both options. If you don't have anything constructive to help OP choose between the two options, maybe you shouldn't say anything.

OP obviously wants to pursue football and has 2 choices. I don't see any point in you shtting on both options. If you don't have anything constructive to help OP choose between the two options, maybe you shouldn't say anything.

I gave him the must lucid and constructive feedback in the entire thread.

Advertisement
East Coast, striking distance to Boston or.... Iowa. Enjoy Providence.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

@apfenny should go into ****.

Now I have given him the most constructive feedback.

When you go to grad a person needs to be targeted and they need to go big---and for the best brand possible. It's an investment in yourself.

A one year football stint at one of those two schools in those stinking cities is thinking way, way, way too small. It's important to think about the big picture ---10-20--30-40 years from now and where that investment will take you, when choosing a grad school (brand/alumni network, etc).

Drop football and to a much better school in a better city/location.

Providence has gotta be better than Iowa. Might not be great nightlife there immediately but you'll meet a lot of good people if you play football and it'll open up options for you in both Boston and NYC.

Good luck.

Advertisement
I'd say the decision should come down to whichever is the best situation for hot women that will welcome the famous Afpenny CRANK with open arms!!

**** Iowa and Rhode Island just sounds like nothing but bad weed and meth. Not my cup of tea

@apfenny should go into ****.

Now I have given him the most constructive feedback.

I've been told I have what it takes

Advertisement
Rhodey is a great state, lots of great little music venues that get decent names. Fun reggae and hippie type music scene. Providence is known for a strong ghey community, not saying that to tilt anyway, just a fact. Progressive NE town. Great boating and beach scene throughout RI. Cape Cod is also a lot of fun, and as mentioned Boston is not far away. Winter sucks, but probably about the same at your other option. I take NE girls over Midwestern girls any day. Newport is a **** fun town. No choice for me, but I gotta be near water and lakes don't count.

Good luck in your future!

Last edited:
I agree 80% of the partying takes place on campus which makes it convenient, as a poster mentioned the winters are rough in Rhode Island.

LMAO, about who has the thicker coed's the ladies in Smithfield can handle their business big or skinny. An the Rhode Island local women are only second to Jersey Girls on the I am open to and willing to do just about anything scale.

Go Canes

My bad on the down vote.

I got you Willie

Advertisement
apfenny3 - I grew up in Warwick, RI (which is right outside of Providence) - where the state airport is located. Rhode Island as a whole is awesome - towns like East Greenwich and Newport get rave reviews in the summer for their nightlife. Warwick has Iggy's and thats all you need to know. (Google it.) - plus Rhode Island is a quick, hop, and a jump to Boston or Cape Cod.

Would definitely choose Bryant over Drake. Hands down.

Advertisement
Back